Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Deportivo (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Riazor Blues (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2010)

DEPORFAN 1989 12-03-2003 19:19

RIAZOR BLUES

What is Riazor Blues?

Leon 12-03-2003 19:35

The "Riazor Blues" is a section in the Riazor stadium, the most fanatical supporters. They're behind a goal, but I don't know which one exactly....

FORZA DEPOR

LondonDeporHincha 12-03-2003 23:22

THE RIAZOR BLUES ARE THE DEPORTIVO 'HINCHAS' (FANS) WHEN YOU WATCH THE TV ITS THE END BEHIND THE GOAL WHERE ALL THE PLACARDS ARE. YOU NORMALLY SEE THEM RUNNING TO GOAL WHEN DEPORTIVO SCORE.

Xoán 14-03-2003 20:40

RB

Yeah, they're the best known "siareiros" group for Depor ("siareiros" is the Galician word for "supporters").
This "peña" (or "group") is basically composed by young people, and they are quite a few! They're extremely well organised and that's why they're rather noticeable in the stadium.
They're always located in the "right" side of Riazor (as you watch it on TV), that is to say, on the side where the tower is (the opposite one to the beach)... am I making any sense here? :wink:
I must say that this specific group is also very committed to the Galicianist movement, that's why you only see Galician flags and similar stuff.
Haven't you ever noticed that there NEVER is a single Spanish flag in Riazor??? :wink: (compare that with the Bernabeu!)
They have a - not very good to be honest - unofficial website at: www.riazor-blues.com.

caabrego 14-03-2003 20:49

I don`t I can go to Europe some day :( but in recent day a see a report from Coruña in TV and they pass Riazor stadium and i was :shock: to see the beauty of the galician sea and "plaza de pontevedra" :)

Lendoiro 15-03-2003 01:34

Im going to watch a few Deportivo Champions League games when i get the chance, hopefully the Hooligans will treat me to a nice time.

Leon 15-03-2003 08:36

Quote:

Im going to watch a few Deportivo Champions League games when i get the chance, hopefully the Hooligans will treat me to a nice time.

Don't worry, Deportivo don't have hooligans... It's worth the trip to La Coruña! I was there at the match against Bilbao this season.... It was great!

FORZA DEPOR

Crocodile_Dundee 17-10-2004 23:29

Riazor Blues

Are they still together and if so are they the best set of supporters in Spain?
I seem to remember some trouble after a Spanish cup game last year where someone was killed and they decided to end the group.
Am I talking nonsense because I haven't heard anything about them.

alan partridge 18-10-2004 00:49

yes, disbanded after one of their member's violence caused a fellow Depor fan to die.

Anton 18-10-2004 01:53

yeh pretty devastating!

Deportivo_la_Gooner 31-10-2004 20:30

Alas the incident occurred at a cup game at Compostela 2/3 years ago. The person responsible was a fellow Depor fan. :depresse:

Leon 31-10-2004 21:36

Well, in fact it was just one year ago...

Crocodile_Dundee 31-10-2004 21:38

Do they attend any of the games?

Julen 01-11-2004 09:48

I went to the stadium a lot of times and they are still there

Luis Fabiano 01-11-2004 18:23

Well I'm planing to go to our home game against Madrid so will there be any violence there??