Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Deportivo (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UEFA Cup | Deportivo Vs Nancy | 17.12.2008 | 20:45 | Pre-match comments (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6585)

Shelvin 08-12-2008 11:29

UEFA Cup | Deportivo Vs Nancy | 17.12.2008 | 20:45 | Pre-match comments

We are 3rd in the pool with one match left. Its sort of a must win situation because we cant rely on Feyeenord to do the job for us cause they are bound to screw up. I was jst checking out the stats on Soccerway.com and we certainly have the advantage according to the stats there. But anything can happen on the night and we all just have to hope for the best. If in a case we lose or draw we have to hope that Feyenoord draw with lech Poznan or beat them.

The DK Blanquiazul 08-12-2008 14:15

Must win. Nothing less.

Deporlover 09-12-2008 01:16

we can win and we will

Shelvin 09-12-2008 05:01

Yup we will win!

deporiginal 10-12-2008 18:41

Feyenoord coach Gert-Jan Verbeek could get fired this week, or the beginning of next week. Maybe if that happens, Feyenoord could get a "new-coach-boost" against Lech. I read a lot of the players want Verbeek out, so maybe if he gets fired, they'll want to show themselves against Lech.

Second, we should be able to beat Nancy. They've been horrible in Ligue 1, and it's not like they've been that spectacular in the Uefa Cup either. They beat an atrocious Feyenoord 3-0, even though Nancy was pretty crappy. They should've lost in Poznan, like Depor. And they failed to get something against an already qualified CSKA at home. Sure they scored three times, but CSKA seemed to hold back when in the lead, and when things got tied, they simply stepped up the pace again and won.

At Nancy, they're not even expecting to get a point against us. They're talking more about Feyenoord - Lech, than Depor - Nancy. If we play with a strong enough team, this should actually be a pretty easy game like the one against Feyenoord, if we're a bit lucky.

Edit: Holy crap, just saw all the injuries Nancy have :D Ouaddou and Sami won't play, their best player in defense André Luiz is suspended, and Chrétien will probably still be injured too. Their defense will be their B-team. Seeing they'll be relying on their defense, Depor should be able to push Nancy aside without too many problems to be honest. If we can score in the first half hour, we could see another game like against Feyenoord. This'll depend on Lotina. For the love of god, play with both Lafita and Guardado from the start. He could always sub them early in the second half, if they get tired.

Shelvin 11-12-2008 09:31

Yup we need Lafita!

TurkishSuperDepor 11-12-2008 15:02

Nancy is bloody worse team in our group ! even worse than Poznan.. We can dominate them If we dont afraid of them..

deporiginal 11-12-2008 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy website
Contrairement à l’information publiée dans la presse, le défenseur brésilien n’est pas suspendu pour le déplacement à La Corogne. Le règlement de la coupe de l’UEFA stipule en effet qu’un joueur est suspendu après avoir reçu un troisième avertissement. Comme André Luiz n’a reçu que deux cartons jaunes depuis le début du parcours européen, face à Poznan et Moscou, il peut donc jouer à La Corogne.

Nuts :D

deporik 11-12-2008 17:51

translation???

caabrego 11-12-2008 18:03

This:
Quote:

Contrary to information published in the press, the Brazilian defender is not suspended for the trip to La Coruna. The rules of the UEFA Cup stipulates that a player is suspended after receiving a third warning. As Andre Luiz has received only two yellow cards since the beginning of the European course, fagainst Poznan and Moscow, he can play in La Coruna.

deporik 11-12-2008 18:09

Does anyone know our situation on yellow cards?? And does the card situation carry on into the knockout stage or does everyone start from zero once we get to the knockout stage?

caabrego 11-12-2008 18:19

I don't know how far goes this, but since the series with Hajduk, the yellow cards are:

* JR
* Mista
* Lopo (2)
* Guardado (2)
* Cristian
* Laure
* De Guzman
* Piscu
* Antonio Tomas

ggeorg 15-12-2008 00:14

Nancy won Grenoble today by 2-0

Elgreco 15-12-2008 10:47

i am not afraid of our performance in european matches.Specialy at Riazor,it seems very difficult for Nancy to avoid the defeat.Lets enjoy another magic European night!!!

deporiginal 15-12-2008 21:48

The referee's name is "Weiner" :D Ok German pronunciation is different, but I prefer reading it the English way.

Promising.

caabrego 16-12-2008 13:52

Called players: Aranzubia, Fabricio, Manuel Pablo, Zé Castro, Colotto, Lopo, Filipe, Adrián, Sergio, Juan Rodríguez, Antonio Tomás, Lafita, Guardado, Cristian, Verdú, Pablo Álvarez, Valerón, Bodipo, Omar Bravo and Riki.

Possible lineup
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/d....php?match=103

* The doubt is if Riki or Omar Bravo will start in attack.
* Laure, Mista and De Guzmán weren't called.

deporiginal 16-12-2008 14:00

I wonder if Ze Castro and Verdu are pissed that they never play/start in Europe.

I don't like Cristian in that line-up. At least Guardado is playing.

Seeing Nancy will play very defensively, it's pretty annoying that both Guardado and Lafita don't play.

ggeorg 16-12-2008 14:21

As long as a starting 11 in an UEFA cup game, has Colotto in it, i don't care about the others :D

I'm expecting 2 goals from our UEFA cup pichichi :D

deporik 16-12-2008 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotina
I just thought of Nancy when we made the changes of Lafita and De Guzmán.”

I'm confused now :confused:

I thought Lotina meant that he took them off to save them for the Nancy game but Lafita is on the bench and De Guzman not even in the squad :confused:

Deporlover 16-12-2008 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporik

I thought Lotina meant that he took them off to save them for the Nancy game but Lafita is on the bench and De Guzman not even in the squad :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Lafita should start and why De Guzman is not called ?????

caabrego 16-12-2008 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporik

I was thinking the same, but well, only he knows the answer. Maybe he will give more hints in the upcoming press conference.

caabrego 16-12-2008 17:00

Lotina wasn't at abegondo today, then Ribera said that De Guzman and Mista are out because they will be playing 'from Sunday to Sunday' so we already know who will start Vs Recreativo.

deporiginal 16-12-2008 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego
Lotina wasn't at abegondo today, then Ribera said that De Guzman and Mista are out because they will be playing 'from Sunday to Sunday' so we already know who will start Vs Recreativo.

Mista again.

Well hotdog.

Johny_Blaze 16-12-2008 18:58

i'm curious if we draw against nancy and lech beats feynord,will we qualify?

Michał 16-12-2008 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny_Blaze
i'm curious if we draw against nancy and lech beats feynord,will we qualify?

If they beat Feyenoord by 2 goals and we draw then we're out. If we draw 1:1 and they win 1:0 we're out too. If we draw scoring more goals than one and they win 1:0 we're through, but if they win 2:1 we need to draw 3:3 etc.

Just check:
www.awanslecha.pl

Johny_Blaze 16-12-2008 19:16

so we must win this one,i thought we can draw friendly,but it's no good to us.
but i have a hunch we will draw and lech won't win.

deporiginal 16-12-2008 19:36

Well, at least goal.com has faith in us :D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1715/mat...runa--as-nancy

The DK Blanquiazul 16-12-2008 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
Well, at least goal.com has faith in us :D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1715/mat...runa--as-nancy

Crap! That site usually isn't right in anything. :D

Nah well, just shows that we are favorites, and we have to win.

Deporlover 16-12-2008 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny_Blaze
so we must win this one,i thought we can draw friendly,but it's no good to us.
but i have a hunch we will draw and lech won't win.

this is what I also think

ggeorg 16-12-2008 23:55

Although i would like to play to win, no matter the Feyenoord-Lech game, i think that this game won't be irrelevant to our game.
If Feyenoord scores while our game will be still 0-0, then i doubt that Depor or Nancy will get into big risks in the game. If Lech scores, then our game might be set on fire

deporiginal 17-12-2008 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
Although i would like to play to win, no matter the Feyenoord-Lech game, i think that this game won't be irrelevant to our game.
If Feyenoord scores while our game will be still 0-0, then i doubt that Depor or Nancy will get into big risks in the game. If Lech scores, then our game might be set on fire

Maybe Depor can pull off a devious scheme. The stadium announcer could say that Feyenoord - Lech is 3-0, while Lotina could then inform our players that the score is really 0-1 for Lech. Nancy will play a lot more at ease and Depor will be able to walk over them.

:D ;)

By the way, Nancy's coach said in the press conference that "Nancy can hurt Depor with fast counter attacks, and that Depor has one exceptional player, Valeron". Let's hope he doesn't know what Guardado can do :D

There's also a little mistake in the review on rcdlc.com. It says that Lech has to win by two goals no matter what. But when it's 0-0 and they win 0-1, they are through too. Just as they will be through if it's 1-1 in our game, and they win 1-2.

ggeorg 17-12-2008 09:59

Quote:

But when it's 0-0 and they win 0-1, they are through too. Just as they will be through if it's 1-1 in our game, and they win 1-2.

I'm too lazy to study those possibilites, so i hope that in the min by min thread there will be you, or anyone else who inform us during the game "now we pass", "now we're out" etc :D

Martin 17-12-2008 10:39

JUst read the rules issued to the press on us all ending on 5 points.

Rules and in order of standing

a) Superior Goal differenc in all rounds
b) Higher number of goals scored
c) Higher number of goals scored away
d) Higher number of wins (can not happen)
e) Higher number of away wins (can not happen)
f) To complicated and again can not happen

a) Nancy will finish second as they have the supperious goal difference (+2). Lech (-1) win by 2 they go through. As we would stay on (0) and they would be end on +1

b) Again Nancy will finish 2 as they have 8 goals, We have 4 and Lech have 4.
So if the a) ends all = then Lech must score more goals than us tonight to go through. No matter what the goals are scored.

c) If a & b are equal - we are out no matter how many we score as we & Lech have only scored 1 away. Their win sees them through.

c) is highly unlikely.

walex 17-12-2008 10:47

good luck for guy and for me too

Philip 17-12-2008 10:57

The game is tonight!! :eek: I thought it was tomorrow! :D

Shelvin 17-12-2008 11:32

Good luck!

caabrego 17-12-2008 13:59

Omar Bravo will be the starting striker and Lafita the right winger, that's what Lotina tested this morning:
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/d....php?match=103

benea 17-12-2008 14:08

nice line-up

ZoliDEPORfan 17-12-2008 18:20

we win ! may be : 2-0 : Guardado;Colotto;)

Michał 17-12-2008 19:21

Quote:

There's also a little mistake in the review on rcdlc.com. It says that Lech has to win by two goals no matter what. But when it's 0-0 and they win 0-1, they are through too. Just as they will be through if it's 1-1 in our game, and they win 1-2.

I think they wanted to say that winning by two goals guarantees Lech going through, no matter what's the score in Spain what is actually true ;)