Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Deportivo (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CL: Which team do you wish to meet in the Quarter Finals? (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177)

lake 10-03-2004 02:45

CL: Which team do you wish to meet in the Quarter Finals?

For me,I hope our rival in the next round will be Chelsa or Arsenal(through dont sure if they can qualified :D ).
Because I dislake the style of English football. :)
But Arsenal is stronger than before.Its better to meet them in the final :D :D :D

Varsh150783 10-03-2004 02:56

I hope we meet lyon easiest rival man

alan partridge 10-03-2004 04:00

Have you seen Arsenal play recently lake?

Anyway, I don't really care who we meet. However, it would be my abolute DREAM to knock Real Madrid out of this bloated, cash heavy competition. It's so important to those morons, I would honestly get more pleasure out of knocking them out than winning the cup.

Bitter? me? ;)

A.Houston 10-03-2004 04:20

I don't think we can underestimate any teams by calling them 'easy.' That being said, I can only say I hope we draw Lyon or Monaco (revenge!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: ) or possible Sparta Prague but I doubt they'll go through. I think we can beat the English teams - they are really not up to our standards!

MolinaFan 10-03-2004 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugary Tea
I don't think we can underestimate any teams by calling them 'easy.' That being said, I can only say I hope we draw Lyon or Monaco (revenge!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: ) or possible Sparta Prague but I doubt they'll go through. I think we can beat the English teams - they are really not up to our standards!

:finger: yeah, agree with you... I also hope that we draw Lyon or Monaco, but to beat Arsenal or Chelsea also will be wonderful. Why not? It is Depor, SUPERDEPOR!!! :excited:

gabi 10-03-2004 07:52

Give my RM if they go throu. But the best woued be Monaco (if they go throu) then we can take the biggiest revange.

Ralo 10-03-2004 08:03

I have a feeling it will be Chelsea or Arsenal.
I dont know why. Just a hunch.

Bagsie 10-03-2004 08:20

Anybody but Porto. :D
I kind of like them and hope we do not get to play against them.

lake 10-03-2004 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralo
I have a feeling it will be Chelsea or Arsenal.
I dont know why. Just a hunch.

That will be my pleasure! :D :D :D :D :D

Bagsie 10-03-2004 08:47

Chelsea please.
I wan't to see Arsenal win somebody (not us) too.
They play so well now.

Baudolino 10-03-2004 09:26

We always meet english teams in CL, and even if they play a predictable football(not Arsenal), we always have big problems.........
I really hope that we play against Monaco. We'll show them the way.......

freakyy 10-03-2004 09:27

I only have a bad feeling if Porto will be the next opponent... so no Porto!

Monaco... revenge! :gun: :gun:
Real would be nice... Depor will be very motivated to slaughter them!

Donato 10-03-2004 10:04

monaco,sparta or lyon would be nice...

arsenal or chelsea would mean depor on uk tv!!!

anyone apart from bayern!!!

Depor_Vin 10-03-2004 10:12

Which team do I wish to meet in the next round?

ANYONE!

We are capable of beating anyone.

Leon 10-03-2004 10:35

These could be our opponents:
- FC Porto
- Chelsea FC
- Olympique Lyon
- Bayern Munich/Real Madrid
- Sparta Prague/AC Milan
- Lokomotiv/Monaco
- Celta/Arsenal

First of all let's avoid FC Porto and Bayern Munich and I don't think Celta will have a chance at Arsenal. My preference would be:
1. Monaco (revenge!!)
2. Olympique Lyon
3. Sparta Prague (sweet dreaming...)
4. Lokomotiv Moscow

depor_hk 10-03-2004 11:03

I could like to see monaco in next round!!!
I need revenge :mad: :mad: :mad:

Filip 10-03-2004 11:37

Anybody but NOT ac milan! They play very well this time.
Arsenal not either much, we have too may bad experiences with English teams.
Porto we can beat.

BUT MOST I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SPARTA PRAHA, it's almost in my backyard!!!

Sneglen 10-03-2004 11:46

I think we have a really good chance against anybody really - however I would like to avoid Milan, Arsenal and Madrid/Bayern. Any of the 2 french teams would be a very sweet draw but i also reckon we have an advantage over teams such as Chelsea, Sparta, Lokomotiv. I dont know why everybody in here seems to fear for Porto and eventhough I like they style of play I definitely think we have a better and far more experienced team so bring 'em on as well!!!

All in all I think it is looking good and the rest of Europe better watch - we mean business this year in CL!

Varsh150783 10-03-2004 12:16

Lyon or chelsea ....Chelsea are not orienited at all......They can be thrashed with some good fundoo passing they dont know shit offside trapps....Pandiani rulzzz in such conditions...

XoŠn 10-03-2004 12:42

I DON'T MIND.
The easiest would be Lyon...
I wouldn't like to meet Porto (it's my second favourite team ;) )
But... I DON'T REALLY CARE...

BRING THEM ON!!! ANYONE!!! :D

anuroc 10-03-2004 13:13

Chelsea

Mglavan1 10-03-2004 13:15

any team but not Real/Bayern, Milan, Arsenal.
Depor-Lyon or Depor-Porto

Jorge 10-03-2004 13:48

I think we just need to be very aware of Arsenal and probably Milan, anyone else...

BRING 'EM OOOOON!!!!!

javientes 10-03-2004 13:55

Maybe I am wrong, but I just have this feeling Chelsea will fit us. They aren't used to play such an organised/passing team like Depor.

Secondly the game will probably be on tv here and it's good for the image to defeat a club with that much media attention :D

Depor_Vin 10-03-2004 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by anuroc
Chelsea

I wouldn't mind Chelsea or Arsenal as then I can go see the game!! :D

scoop 10-03-2004 14:09

i dont care who we meet.

but i think well have to meet bayern if they go through.if not maybe monoco or lyon.

i dont want to face monoco again.Last tim we had man U in the group stage and they were manageable then they beat us bad in the quarter final.

caabrego 10-03-2004 14:47

MONACO

I don't want AC Milan.

anuroc 10-03-2004 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Depor_Vin
Quote:

Originally Posted by anuroc
Chelsea

I wouldn't mind Chelsea or Arsenal as then I can go see the game!! :D

We need a hyped team so forget about Lyon (I don't find them so easy anyway). Chelsea and Arsenal are very hyped by the medias but I think Chelsea have more hype than football while Arsenal have as much football as hype :)
So, Chelsea would be easier and our players would be very motivated anyway.

Olli 10-03-2004 15:33

MONACO!!! wouldn't it just be great
to get a revenge! :smileani:
I'd like to avoid RM, AC Milan and Arsenal
Well, we just have to wait and see... :rollani:

Djalminha 10-03-2004 15:44

Many of you say Monaco but I only give them 30% change of getting through cause Lokomotiv played them backwards of the field in the first game. So Monaco will be eliminated.....

Are you folks sure that there are no limitatyions in which team we can meet. In the other years we could not meet a spanish team so.... ????

Baudolino 10-03-2004 16:09

Yes, Giuly is unavailable for Monaco, and that could be important.

Superdepor could offer a free lesson for Chelsea, so they should be grateful to play with Depor: they could learn some football.
By all means, AC Milan don't need any lesson, neither does Arsenal.....

XoŠn 10-03-2004 16:19

Now that you say it... any English team would be good, 'cos I could go and see the match... :)

DREAMFUSION 10-03-2004 16:35

an english team would be good cos there would be a higher probability of it being shown live on a free channel. then more of us can watch depor claim yet another english scalp.

Ekholm 10-03-2004 17:19

I'm quite lucky!! I can watch the match whoever we'll meet.
I hope we'll meet Monaco. Revenge!!
Otherwise it doesn't matter, I think. We can beat every team but Milan, Real Madrid and Arsenal are the toughest ones. Let's save them to the final!!

freakyy 10-03-2004 18:45

maybe I should start a topic: Wich team do you wish to meet in the final.... because that is were Depor is going! ;)

DG 10-03-2004 20:24

I would say ANYONE but arsenal. AC Milan would be managable, we did beat them in the San Siro last year, and the only reason we lost so heavily to them at home is because of the injury to Valeron :). Although... Milan are stronger this year...

But seriously I think Chelsea are the 'weakest' team in the next round unless Sparta can beat AC (They have a good chance as Milan failed to beat them away).

Feliuk 10-03-2004 20:29

Chelsea are good. They don't conceide a lot of goals, BUT against Stuttgart they won on an own goal scored in Germany and stuttgart were the superior team and last night they drew 0-0 and Stuttgart had the majority of the game. I think that teams are very close in capabilities and it all depends on the day.Arsenal in my opinion are a lot stronger than Chelsea.

Depor_Chile 11-03-2004 00:07

Chelsea or Monaco (Revenge!!!!!)

Anton 11-03-2004 00:11

anyone english!!! i think we'd beat Chelsea and Arsenal - because when the spanish and english styles come up against each other - the spannish i think is more successful!! i think chelsea would be easier than arsenal but i think we'd beat em both - i have a feeling we'll get chelsea or arsenal - bet anymoney - and i reckon it will be madrid vs Milan - i mean think about it depor never ever get easy draws in ecl - i reckon they are fixed!!

DeporForest 11-03-2004 01:38

I really don't mind. I think that any team left will not want to be drawn against us, and that gives me a good feeling.

But, like many here, I'd love to see us beat Chelsea next. For one thing, I could go down the local pub to watch the game, proudly wearing my blue and white stripes. Of course, I might have to run away from an angry mob of Chelsea fans at the end, but it would be worth it!