Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Deportivo (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   General evolution (2020/2021) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9303)

Filip 20-07-2020 22:05

Firstly: i hope you guys won't stay away from the forum now ;)

Secondly: I'm disgusted.

Thirdly: for me, the day that eventually led to this catastrophe was the day that Fabril's trainer was promoted away to led the first team. This broke everything on all levels.
Of course, there were many more days that led to this, but that was the final straw.

hari 20-07-2020 22:05

Carlos, do you know if Segunda B matches are live streamed somewhere?

Filip 20-07-2020 22:05

one year ago, a goal from Primera....

Marci 14 20-07-2020 22:06

We tried, at least in the second round. In December no one believed we would have any chance to stay up, but we almost made that miracle.

Xon 20-07-2020 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari

Those will be on (public) Galician TV. Easy to find because there's no big money in there.

Having said this: it's now up to Abanca (a bloody bank) to decide on the "economic future of the club".

What a...

american123 20-07-2020 22:08

Hopefully we can support ourselves financially and build this the right away. Bring in all players under 23 with a few veterans who have previously played for Depor. Hopefully there aren't many clauses that release players for free with relegation (Mujaid, Valin).

deporik 20-07-2020 22:10

Is our future secure in Segunda B or is there any danger that we could go bust?

Filip 20-07-2020 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xon

it's now up to Abanca (a bloody bank) to decide on the "economic future of the club".

A 'bloody bank', yes, but i think that's a bit harsh. Did we need their money? Yes. Were they soft towards us? Yes.

Do they need their money back? Of course.

We can never repay that.

Mr Pink 20-07-2020 22:12

im absolutely gutted but not surprised. The Oman’s were against us with the cancellation and late goals for Albacete and Lugo.

I guess a pointless appeal will be made but we will play at Segunda B next season. Let’s hope we can have the reaction that Mallorca had a couple of seasons ago and come back stronger.

Forca Depor

MrButton 20-07-2020 22:12

Cant even play my team in Fifa any longer

american123 20-07-2020 22:13

The big question now is if we do survive what has to go? My guess is that Fabril won't play and we ill go from Senior team to U19. The women's team may be in danger as well. Abanca now controls our future but hopefully an investor will see the potential and bring us back to glory (probably not)

Xon 20-07-2020 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip
A 'bloody bank', yes, but i think that's a bit harsh. Did we need their money? Yes. Were they soft towards us? Yes.

Do they need their money back? Of course.

We can never repay that.

For the looks of it we sold our souls to the devil anyway.

To no avail.

deporik 20-07-2020 22:29

At least we will have more than one Galician derby next year. There's Coruxo, Pontevedra, Ferrol and Celta.........B

Riazor warriors 20-07-2020 22:29

Abanca has no other choice I guess other than trying to keep this team if they care about getting their money in the future!

ggeorg 20-07-2020 22:35

and we're gonna play to the worst version of segunda B.

since none was relegated, there will be 100 teams, in 4 groups (i think).
That is 25 teams per group, and not even the champion can guarantee promotion :eek:

babydepor 20-07-2020 22:47

Playing against Castilla and Barca B was not bad comparing to playing against Celta B. OMG !

caabrego 20-07-2020 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari

Yes TVG and there's a website that gives all the games. You have to play like $1 per game.

Vidal now saying that Depor will protest and that the fulll last matchday must be replayed.

Tjorni 20-07-2020 23:13

Quote:

Vidal now saying that Depor will protest and that the fulll last matchday must be replayed.

We protested many times this season, but without success. This time I can't believe that all games will be replayed.

Shelvin 20-07-2020 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego

This is absolutely shameful. Just accept the result and move on. We have no-one but ourselves to blame for this.

Filip 20-07-2020 23:30

did we ever ever win a single protest? Don't think so. It's another shameful act, just like protesting playing those kids.

caabrego 21-07-2020 01:36

The point is that it isn't only us
Rayo Vallecano, Numancia and Elche are ready to do the same
And other clubs like Oviedo are protesting because they were forced to play. Even Albacete, despite been saved with that penalty, is saying that it was abnormal.

The mess is going to be huge

lottery loverat 21-07-2020 01:51

The authorities got lucky tonight. Imagine if a draw in a single covid rearranged game could give both teams what they needed?
Depor should take it like men. No complaints. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and all that jazz.
FM2021 should be interesting.

lottery loverat 21-07-2020 01:58

When does next season start?
When are the fixtures released?

tonideportivoBG 21-07-2020 06:30

I agree with all who said is Depor's fault to relegate. There are no two opinions here, but the reality is that it was not fair towards us and some other teams this event to cancel the game hours before kick-off. I recently started to feel disguste by Spanish Football Association and their polemic decisions - In Europe Spanish Association seems like the worst one.

Let's hope new season will bring us more joy and brighter future for Depor.

Shelvin 21-07-2020 07:04

In my opinion Fuenlabrada should have played with their remaining players. They made the trip to La Coruna so they must have had a back up plan in case the postponement idea didn't work out. At this point every team is responsible for their players safety and health. If they couldn't maintain a safety bubble, not only have they created a problem for themselves but also a risk for the opposition. They should be fined. Having said that, I doubt any of the matches will be replayed. Imagine if in the re-play Albacete lose and get relegated. They will protest as well that it was unethical for them to play twice. La Liga has to draw the line somewhere.

peterke2000 21-07-2020 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelvin
This is absolutely shameful. Just accept the result and move on. We have no-one but ourselves to blame for this.

I agree sadly it woudn't make and diffrents.

ggeorg 21-07-2020 09:01

The matchday shouldn't have been played, but Depor isn't the one affected by this.

The one that is clearly affected by this is Elche. They occupy the playoff spot, which they will lose when Fuenla plays Depor juvenils in a few days.

american123 21-07-2020 09:04

From what I read it’s a joint protest of a few clubs. While I agreed that they needed to protest Extremadura, they need to pursue this as well but quietly. A financial settlement could be needed to survive while still accepting the relegation. The most important thing today is for the new project to begin with a clear head and start to identity the players for next season since we’ll be playing against amateurs again and cannot pay professionals. Juan Rodriguez, Valin, Gandoy, Brea, Javi Sanchez, Aaron Sanchez should be the first to be announced. Try and already secure a loan for Mujaid so that in the case of a promotion he can return to Depor. IMO it is not worth opening Riazor except for Ferrol, Pontevedra, and Racing.

american123 21-07-2020 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
The matchday shouldn't have been played, but Depor isn't the one affected by this.

The one that is clearly affected by this is Elche. They occupy the playoff spot, which they will lose when Fuenla plays Depor juvenils in a few days.

With almost all of the contracts expiring yesterday, they will definitely be playing their Juvenils/Fabril players who get invited back this week.

Hori 21-07-2020 10:19

Replaying the whole matchday is not an option, everyone would like to prepare for the next season. For us the only option is to push for a 24 teams league (with Numancia and Depor) for the next season.
The Elche thing is though as well. Basically they are kicked off from the playoff.

Ricardo 21-07-2020 10:22

This is a really rough time for all of us, just wanted to make a few points.

1) Covid 19 is a global pandemic, we have all been told what to do by our local governments since March now. How can Fuenlabrada travel to Coruna with up to 12 players who have tested positive. This potentially endangers scores of people from Coruna. Airport workers, hotel workers, bar and restaurant workers etc, this is unacceptable and should be in the news for complete negligence. around safety protocols.

2) All we really ask for is a level playing field, the same rules for all the professional clubs. What happened yesterday was far from that, the final match day of the season with so much at stake for so many clubs, the matches need to be played on the same day, at the same time. Also finding out the game could not be played 1 hour before kick off was shameful.

3) I don't believe we will win any of the 2 legal cases, Spanish football is corrupt, its the sad truth. I also understand that Tebas has shares or some sort of role at Fuenlabrada, so we have no chance.

4) We need to learn from our mistakes over the last decade, where we have become a yo-yo club with no real stability. Once again we will need to bring in a whole new squad, I can see a good 18 or so players leaving. This time around I want to see us develop a core spine of players from the Fabril and some good solid players from Segunda in their mid twenties. Players who know how to compete and can potentially grow with us over the coming years. We cannot afford to bring in passengers, who are not able to roll up their sleeves and fight for the Team.

5) We need to generate as much income as possible through sales of players, season tickets, match day tickets and clothing/club merchandise. We know that the debts are up to the neck and we all need to do our bit to help as much as possible to get out of Segunda B ASAP, to not put the existence of the club at risk.

Grim times, but we have been here before and went on to spend 20 years in Primera.

Forza Depor!

hari 21-07-2020 10:26

Thanks Carlos, Xoan..

Eventhough it is extremely sad and tough to digest, we played badly and only have ourselves to blame for the relegation.. next season we need to fix a good combination of quality Fabril players, some on loan players and veterans and bounce straight back..

Filip 21-07-2020 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hori
the only option is to push for a 24 teams league (with Numancia and Depor) for the next season.

I like that idea. But 24 is really a lot.

Quote:

The Elche thing is though as well. Basically they are kicked off from the playoff.

Since it's 'only' playoff and not yet a promotion, they could add 2 teams to the playoff as well.

Everybody happy, even if we don't deserve a second chance.

lottery loverat 21-07-2020 11:30

How does next season work?
Its just appeared on my twitter feed that theguardian.com Spanish football correspondent writes its 100 teams divided into 20 groups of 5! Surely that should be 5 groups of 20? The Twitter acct asks if its a covid related change to normal system?

ggeorg 21-07-2020 11:43

I doubt there's a concrete plan. Even the plan when the current season will end was different one day ago, than today.

In general this season segunda b will be having 100 teams (i had read about 4 groups), but next season, the new segunda b will be more compact, 2 groups.

Theoretically this means that a very very small percentage (4 of the 100?) of the teams will get promoted to segunda, while another percentage of the top teams will get promoted/remain to the new segunda b.

The majority will end to the 4th tier, whatever this could be called.

caabrego 21-07-2020 12:44

Well, this game will never going to be played. The players showed today just to pick up their taff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
I doubt there's a concrete plan. Even the plan when the current season will end was different one day ago, than today.

In general this season segunda b will be having 100 teams (i had read about 4 groups), but next season, the new segunda b will be more compact, 2 groups.

Theoretically this means that a very very small percentage (4 of the 100?) of the teams will get promoted to segunda, while another percentage of the top teams will get promoted/remain to the new segunda b.

The majority will end to the 4th tier, whatever this could be called.

Here's what we know. There will be 10 groups of 10 teams. Only 18 games to be played in a first stage. The second stage will divide the teams.
Places 1-3 in each group will fight for the promotion to Segunda
Places 4-6 will fight for staying at the third-tier.
Places 7-10 will fight for not been demoted to the fifth-tier

Diego Tristan 21-07-2020 14:08

Somebody knew that the lawyer of fuenlabrada is the son of the president of la Liga? There we go with the corruption... https://www.riazor.org/y-ahora-que-tebas/

american123 21-07-2020 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego

Here's what we know. There will be 10 groups of 10 teams. Only 18 games to be played in a first stage. The second stage will divide the teams.
Places 1-3 in each group will fight for the promotion to Segunda
Places 4-6 will fight for staying at the third-tier.
Places 7-10 will fight for not been demoted to the fifth-tier

I assume it will be regional so you're looking at Celta B, Coruxo, Pontevedra, Racing Santander, Ferrol, Sporting B, Oviedo B, Compostela or Ourense (Tercera playoff winner) + 1 more

Mr Pink 21-07-2020 14:44

Lugo and Albacete played with an advantage as they didn’t play with the pressure of knowing our score. I cannot understand the decision of any of the bodies to allow the rest of the fixtures to go ahead knowing how important the last games of the season were.

I was upset yesterday, I was born in Laxe and grew up in Corua and have followed the team through unbelievable times. However, today my sadness has turned to anger and disbelief. I feel cheated, if we were to go down it should have been in fair conditions. Any other team in our position would be making an appeal (as pointless as it will be). Spanish football is, as a lot of you say, so corrupt. However, I just feel that this happens to us time and time again - remember the match fixing scandal that effectively relegated us a few years ago, constant decisions that go against us, no appeals ever being overturned??? The team was poor this season but how many points did we lose to poor decisions?

Enough is enough with this BS. Man City just had a European ban lifted when they are clearly in the wrong. it’s just all about money - something, unfortunately, we don’t have

Rant over !!!!!

babydepor 21-07-2020 16:54

We went down because we deserved it maybe...but can you imagine if we have played at the same time as the other teams and score 2 goals in the fist half...can you imagine the pressure that would be on Lugo and Albacete ? They wouldn’t be comfortable at all and probably wouldn’t win their games ! That’s why the club needs to fight for it even tho we don’t have so many chances because all of our appeals got rejected throughout the season...in the end it’s a corrupt league! Even knowing Fuenalabrada’s lawyer is the the son of la liga’s president makes it more disgusting!