Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Spain | Primera División & Copa del Rey | 2010/2011 (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7059)

Lebn8r 15-07-2010 00:06

Spain | Primera División & Copa del Rey | 2010/2011
 
Well, I'm excited! Are you not?! I can't wait to get back stuck into the rollercoaster of emotions La Liga provides. Here is a list of the teams competing for the coveted La Liga prize

Barcelona
Real Madrid




Seriously, here is the list...

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Valencia
Sevilla FC

Deportivo La Coruña
Atlético Madrid

Villarreal
Athletic Bilbao
Getafe
Almeria
Espanyol
Mallorca
Osasuna
Real Sociedad
Real Zaragoza
Sporting Gijon
Racing Santander
Málaga
Hercules
Levante


I think we have a squad to challenge for the European spots, our depth is better this time around and with the signings we've made this year it will boost our "creativity stocks".

It will be interesting see how Mallorca cope with competing in 4 competitions this year, there depth will be tested.

Real Sociadad will thrive at being back in La Liga and will surprise many. Unfortunately, Malaga will not be as lucky this year as they will suffer relegation with Hercules and Levante. BUT, La Liga is interesting and will probably make me look like a fool with these predictions at years end.

ggeorg 15-07-2010 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebn8r
It will be interesting see how Mallorca cope with competing in 4 competitions this year, there depth will be tested.


So, they will finaly play in Europa League, right?

caabrego 15-07-2010 14:53

No, they still out. The UEFA website is only putting Atletico and Getafe as the only two Spanish teams in the competition.

Lebn8r 15-07-2010 23:39

Interesting, I'm sure I read somewhere that they had cleared their name. Either way, I don't think they'll do anything special this season.

Shelvin 16-07-2010 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebn8r

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Valencia
Sevilla FC

Deportivo La Coruña
Atlético Madrid


I think we have a squad to challenge for the European spots, our depth is better this time around and with the signings we've made this year it will boost our "creativity stocks".


I agree with this! I think we can atleast finish in a european spot this year. Lets just hope our most creative player filipe stays!

dejan84 18-07-2010 09:51

is it true that the clubs will revolt against barca and real, because they take 50% of tv rights.

the sevilla president suggested that barca and real leave the league and play their own.

i have to say i agree with him, every club in spain is getting cannabalized, so real and barca can buy ridiculously expensive players, and show the world, "how strong spain is" with its 20% unemployement and all LOL

Filip 18-07-2010 23:01

it's the first time im not excited for the new season to start. Barca will win once more, probably with a bigger gap this time over Real, and about 23-27 points over the 3th team.
depor is gonna struggle to survive from the first till the last game imo. I even think we're between the 3 most clear degradation candidates. Not being pessimistic, just realistic. We sold our only asset.

caabrego 19-07-2010 00:16

Confirmed: the draw for la liga will take place this Tuesday.

Paul 19-07-2010 01:21

So the 1st round is gonna be 28-29 August?

caabrego 19-07-2010 02:46

Yes

Thai Depor 19-07-2010 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip
it's the first time im not excited for the new season to start. Barca will win once more, probably with a bigger gap this time over Real, and about 23-27 points over the 3th team.


Glasgow Barcelona and Glasgow Real Madrid imo :(
but I hope Depor can do the same thing that Aberdeen did in the era of Sir Alex Ferguson :p

Rack 19-07-2010 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego
Confirmed: the draw for la liga will take place this Tuesday.


Excellent. Almost at the point where I can book trips for next season. That's what it's all about. :)

DepHun 19-07-2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by dejan84
is it true that the clubs will revolt against barca and real, because they take 50% of tv rights.

the sevilla president suggested that barca and real leave the league and play their own.

i have to say i agree with him, every club in spain is getting cannabalized, so real and barca can buy ridiculously expensive players, and show the world, "how strong spain is" with its 20% unemployement and all LOL

Real showed this even under Franco, and this whole dominancy of the big 2 has been the same for 70 years now...
And not only these 2 show strange things: the totally bankrupted Valencia, with some 500m EUR debts to pay, wants to buy Mesut Özil from the financially healthy and always probitable Werder Bremen... the reverse would be more normal...

ggeorg 19-07-2010 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepHun
and this whole dominancy of the big 2 has been the same for 70 years now...


It's not the same. The last 20 years, have been pretty competitive. It's the last 2 seasons, and of course the prospect of the future, that make things look like the Scotish league.

Riazor warriors 19-07-2010 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelvin
I agree with this! I think we can atleast finish in a european spot this year. Lets just hope our most creative player filipe stays!



even if Filipe stays if u dont get a good striker...we'll suffer alot this season.... we have Lassad who's 4 me a segunda guy ,Riki & Adrian...

Riki & Lassad will spend half of the season injured hope not longer.... :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.