Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Other World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024)

Olli 01-10-2004 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugary Tea
Oh dear, now I'm remembering my childhood with that wallpaper... *sniff* :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakyy
the one and only... what a class... what a style... one of the best players ever..

Quote:

I only know FC Lahti...only because one of my all-time favourite players ever Jari Litmanen now plays there. Come back, Jari! :cry: :cry:

It seems that you guys really like Litmanen. :) I also like him. (Of course! I'm a fin myself :D) There's even a website only about Litmanen. I don't remember the URL but you can propaply find it out by using google. There are thousands of posts there written mostly by fins and dutch. :)

Diego 02-10-2004 08:34

Quote:

Oh dear, now I'm remembering my childhood with that wallpaper... *sniff* :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakyy
the one and only... what a class... what a style... one of the best players ever..

Quote:

I only know FC Lahti...only because one of my all-time favourite players ever Jari Litmanen now plays there. Come back, Jari! :cry: :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olli
It seems that you guys really like Litmanen. :) I also like him. (Of course! I'm a fin myself :D) There's even a website only about Litmanen. I don't remember the URL but you can propaply find it out by using google. There are thousands of posts there written mostly by fins and dutch. :)

I really still can't see what has been/is great in Litmanen!?! I don't think there's nothing special in him and never has been... It might be because I hate finnish "football" and the players, slow tempo and boring to watch! Yea, this just my opinion then, others think what they want to think. :D

A.Houston 03-10-2004 00:56

Fair enough! But for me it's not just his goals that I like but the whole period when he played for Ajax was a good period of football for me, even though I never was a huge Ajax fan, I always liked him.

HasanTristan 03-10-2004 14:39

I have a question for you Diego:
Are Mikka Multaharju and Botha well known players in Finland?
They both play for my hometown in Turkey: Denizlispor.
They also had another Finnish player a couple of couple of years ago.
His name is Heitanen.
I don't know what my city has with Finnish players, but it must be the weather that atracts them. :)

AP 04-10-2004 08:47

I watched Chelsea - Liverpool yesterday. I know that most of you don't like Abramovich and his team... But I wished Depor to play like Chelsea!!! Their performance against Liver was really cool!

1-0 win, 3 points & Chelsea 2 pts. down from Arsenal. EPL promises to be very intersting this season!

AP 04-10-2004 08:57

Bebeto wasin Russia on Saturday! He is football agent now and he brought his client Aloisio to Rubin Kazan.

Bebeto attended at Krylia Sovetov Samara vs. Rubin Kazan match. In his interview to Sport-Express Bebeto stated that Russian league is not weaker than the French one! :D

Diego 04-10-2004 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by HasanTristan
I have a question for you Diego:
Are Mikka Multaharju and Botha well known players in Finland?
They both play for my hometown in Turkey: Denizlispor.
They also had another Finnish player a couple of couple of years ago.
His name is Heitanen.
I don't know what my city has with Finnish players, but it must be the weather that atracts them. :)

I don't know about Multaharju but Botha is quite famous here in Finland. :D I like Turkey very much myself :P

AP 05-10-2004 15:26

Here you can see UEFA Cup group stage draw results.

I think the strongest group is B (also A and E are good) and the weakest one is H (where Russian Zenit is seeded :D).

JW2 05-10-2004 17:44

Totally agree with that Group B seems to be the strongest, with group E coming close...
Will be interesting to see a German second division club (Alemannia Aachen) performing in Group H, for example against Zenit :D

Crocodile_Dundee 05-10-2004 20:03

Groups A B and E look very tough
Group E looks the easiest with Rangers cruising through to the next round

AP 06-10-2004 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw2000de
Will be interesting to see a German second division club (Alemannia Aachen) performing in Group H, for example against Zenit :D

hehehe :dielaugh:
Zenit will rend them easily! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibrox
Groups A B and E look very tough
Group E looks the easiest with Rangers cruising through to the next round

Rangers?! I'm not sure... Did you see Rangers performance vs. CSKA Moscow? That was very poor! :yuck:

Mattias 06-10-2004 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw2000de
Totally agree with that Group B seems to be the strongest, with group E coming close...

I hope they'll do well. I was kind of following their way in the German cup and wouldn't like them to go out so early.

AP 06-10-2004 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattias
I hope they'll do well. I was kind of following their way in the German cup and wouldn't like them to go out so early.

I think the main competitors of group H will be Sevilla, Lille and Zenit.

UPDATE:

BTW! Zenit coach Vlastimil Petrzela and club directors are disappointed with the draw results. They wanted more famous teams like Lazio aor Newcastle to play against because it would be more interesting for fans and these teams gave more experience to young Zenit players.

dudxs 06-10-2004 09:28

Lille is doing great actually. Claude Puel is the head coach and he was the former coach of Monaco before Didier Deschamps. He won the 2000 French Championship. He is a long runner, a team builder, patient and tough with his players. Lille has also some great players, but they lack the experience at high level such as in European Cup. But they will surprise many teams in my opinion.

Crocodile_Dundee 06-10-2004 18:07

How is Kerzhakov doing for Zenith as i heard that a lot of clubs wanted to buy him. Would he be a good buy for depor?