Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2011, 12:59   #406
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Now we can examine, which version is better, the Malaga/Racing way, or ours...

Nice question to be answered in 3-4 years time
Old 21-01-2011, 15:07   #407
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted By ggeorg
Nice question to be answered in 3-4 years time

You know where we will be, by then?

Old 21-01-2011, 15:27   #408
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

we will be here in the mid-table of Primera...
Old 22-01-2011, 20:01   #409
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Sevilla 4 - Levante 1

Hat-trick for Luis Fabiano, but Kanoute saw a yellow card and will be suspended for the game at the Riazor.
Old 22-01-2011, 20:32   #410
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Good result 4 us and Kanoute's suspension is a bonus too
Old 22-01-2011, 20:45   #411
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Won't he be suspended for the cup game instead of next weekend?
Old 22-01-2011, 21:23   #412
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

No, because a suspension caused for accumulation of yellow cards only apply for la liga. Only if the player is sent off with a direct red card the suspension aplies to Copa.
Old 22-01-2011, 21:34   #413
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

Ah. of course. Good to see him missing against us. He's always done well against us from what I can recall.
Old 22-01-2011, 22:56   #414
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Malaga is winning in Valencia at HT, after having played almost an entire half with ten men. I'm kind of bothered by the fact that even Malaga can give the poor Valencian side a hard time with ten men, while we weren't able to do anything at all for the entire first half.

Let's just hope Riki and Guardado will ben injury-free the rest of the season, cause they will be vital to obtain the 21 points we still need.
Old 22-01-2011, 23:32   #415
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

Valencia now in front and Malaga down to 9 men. Don't usually like to see the bats doing well but a Malaga win would put them right behind us in the table, so in this case, I can hope for a home win at the Mestalla.

EDIT: 9 man Malaga equalise 3-3 now

EDIT 2: Valencia score in 90th minute 4-3

Last edited by deporik : 22-01-2011 at 23:49.
Old 23-01-2011, 00:31   #416
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

Rubinos Pérez
Old 23-01-2011, 00:45   #417
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems Valencia have bought a CL position but does God take bribes as well?

In 1st half referee and linesmen closed their eyes on a penalty for Malaga, also tolerating Valencia’s interpretation on the term “physical game”. Their players have been kicking opponents all over the pitch but the men in black lacked the guts…

On the other hand, Rondon missed two clear opportunities before scoring the 2nd, don’t know if he’s redeemed himself. A fatal presence for me, Malaga could have killed the match.

During 1st half Malaga didn’t lose their composure and courage, never stopped looking for the 2nd goal. Pelegrini modified formation and players’ positions 3 times seeking for the perfect balance, probably seeking a response to Valencia’s wing backs. But he didn’t find a way to correct things in central defense after Demichelis’s exit, facing serious problems in marking Aduriz and Mata.

Radical changes by Emery in the beginning of the 2nd half, bringing in Soldado and Banega (Maduro becoming a DC), quickly finding the equalizer. Things were already difficult for Malaga when Rosario goes out with a straight red for … what exactly? Shame on them…

Soon Valencia finds the 3rd goal, Pelegrini switches to a 4-3-1 vs Valencia’s 4-2-4. It seemed hopeless but Baptista equalizes in 78’ with a fine individual effort, only to redeem himself for failing to feed a teammate in open space two minutes earlier. But it wasn’t over. The numerical advantages Valencia enjoyed during 2nd half (especially on the flanks) were to determine the outcome of the match. 4-3 in 90’, with Pelegrini also being sent off minutes before. So I guess everybody is happy now in the Spanish FA…

I’ve said it numerous times, Primera Division could -and should- have been the best, the most competitive League in the world. But it’s perfectly clear they don’t want it, do they? Spanish football has a history full of sins –and a history of “divide and conquer”. With everybody sharing the guilt, therefore everybody being responsible for the status quo…

Last edited by George Mitsou : 23-01-2011 at 01:02.
Old 23-01-2011, 01:03   #418
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

The worst thing is that Valencia's fans always see themselves as the victims. Just like Mourinho.
Old 23-01-2011, 02:08   #419
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Carlos, this attitude is common practically in every stadium there, perhaps the level of pressure is the thing that differs. Exactly because we’re talking about an environment where injustice, where favouritism prevails. We accept that we cannot touch the heart of the problem, cannot cure the disease that generates this, so what do we do? We try to influence the referees, create an atmosphere of pressure for them as well as for the rival. That’s how the crowd understands its duty to support the club and its interests. Tonight I’ll be the “lucky” one to beat you because I know that next Sunday you’ll use the same means to beat me. That’s how balances are kept –and that’s how the status quo remains unchangeable… Because this rule applies to everybody BUT two certain clubs, right? They are the ones that always win, no matter what and how.

It’s not a “fair play” culture in Primera. It isn’t on the pitch, it isn’t outside the pitch. It never was. The political background is crucial on this issue (we all know what I mean) but, even though Spain has shown progress in the field of political institutions, it seems it will take a long process to change things in football. Circumstances haven’t matured yet. And history teaches us that nobody will give up their privileges, no matter how they’ve been earned…

PS. I don’t want to open my mouth about Valencia in general, you know my position on this. In the past I’ve written that Depor and Valencia are separate worlds. We represent completely different values…
Old 23-01-2011, 14:19   #420
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

Starting in February La liga is studying the option of scheduling Primera matches for Sunday at noon. The idea is to copy what Italy is doing and schedule one game every Sunday at this hour.
Closed Thread