Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 22-02-2011, 12:50   #46
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Ferguson: "I have never seen such a goal in all my life" (just the other 4 of Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke)
Old 27-02-2011, 22:56   #47
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a bad one from Coulibaly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrU399cL3GU
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 01:00   #48
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Not a bad one from Coulibaly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrU399cL3GU

wt a goal

Ligue 1 is on fire this season (Lille 46,Rennais 46,Marseille 45 ,PSG 44,Lyon 42)

next week Marseille will Host Lille
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 09:13   #49
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
next week Marseille will Host Lille

yeah, high time for Lille to prove if they could aim to win the ligue.
They didn't prove this in the home game against Lyon, that Lyon was more determined to win, and Rudi Garcia was making sub in the extra time to keep the 1-1 score.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:13   #50
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

what an anti-football round?! 4 goals on 7 matches on Saturday, Lyon alone scored more goals (against hopeless Avignon) than 14 teams together

congrats to Lille for their deserved win in the Velodrome. Lille took the lead, with a brilliant goal of Belgian Hazard, Gervinho missed some easy chances (thanks to mainly Heinze). Later OM came back to the match, and after a mistake of Mavuba (?), Remy equalised. Although OM had some chances, Lille also, the Northern hit the post, and in the final minutes Frau scored the winner (after overtaking Heinze).
The audiance was a disappointing, bad suprise for me, they were like Old Trafford or Bernabeu ... No-way a hellish stadium.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:33   #51
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
congrats to Lille for their deserved win in the Velodrome. Lille took the lead, with a brilliant goal of Belgian Hazard, Gervinho missed some easy chances (thanks to mainly Heinze). Later OM came back to the match, and after a mistake of Mavuba (?), Remy equalised. Although OM had some chances, Lille also, the Northern hit the post, and in the final minutes Frau scored the winner (after overtaking Heinze).
The audiance was a disappointing, bad suprise for me, they were like Old Trafford or Bernabeu ... No-way a hellish stadium.

agree on the review, plus the fact that Lille wasn't given a clear penalty/red card, for a challenge over Gervinho, when the score was 1-1.

Only Brandao, felt a hellish atmosphere, when he was replaced, he didn't seem happy though

Next Friday, there's the Rennes-Marseille, OM has again a chance to save the season
Old 07-03-2011, 13:33   #52
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Lille its 1st time win against one of the french giants,i don't know y ?? but i was celebrating the goal of Frau & (laughing about Heinze )....he came as a sub 5 mins b4 the end & score an important goal maybe it will count as the most important goal in his career..

Hazard is a great player he's quality...why we dont have a guy like him...!!

Quote:
Next Friday, there's the Rennes-Marseille, OM has again a chance to save the season

ya this is another final...
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 16:05   #53
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

even, if I type here the chant Allez OM, is louder, than the famous Commando was yesterday
Old 07-03-2011, 18:39   #54
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
Hazard is a great player he's quality...why we dont have a guy like him...!!

We could buy him

I guess he won't cost more than 40M

I think they signed Hazard, when he was 14yr old sth. They signed Rami at an age close to 20 (they sold him to valencia for around 10M), Gervinho at the age of 22, Debuchy, Cabaye, at ages close to 20...each one of them has a value of more than 5M now.
Old 10-03-2011, 13:40   #55
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Responding to History call…

Arguably the most important match of the weekend in Europe the one in the Velodrome, the question being whether it implies Lille’s rising to a higher level. In any case, an inspiring night for all those clubs that don't rely on packed wallets for success...

Before the match: Lille entered the Velodrome seeking answers to a couple of disadvantages. Seeming to have lost their form in the most critical moment of the season perhaps, with rivals covering the distance on the table. Plus dealing with a heavy schedule lately: Garcia abandoned the rotation policy applied in the Europa League matches vs PSV (where the French team failed), using his regulars (only banned Cabaye was out) in the midweek Cup match vs Lorient. Lille did go through but suffered for 120 minutes, wasting a lot of energy…

A lot of people expected Marseille’s experience to be the decisive factor in the match. There’s no doubt OM have been playing below their standards this year, inconsistency being the basic characteristic of their campaign, with Deschamps seeming often uncertain in terms of strategy and player selection. Still -and despite mediocre performances- they somehow managed to keep close to the top: A solid structure (already established last season), a competitive attacking power, mental and physical strength being decisive elements in terms of defensive behavior. A side possessing proven, highly experienced, complete players, capable of handling the pressure in critical moments. Marseille’s personality cannot possibly be compared to Lille’s at this moment.

A personality, however, failing to hide OM’s respect to their rival in the match. Which is the key element to understand the “how” and “whys” of that particular tie. Defining Deschamps’s cautious approach for one. As in the 1st round match, Lille’s initiative was never questioned, with Deschamps “investing” in the same scenario: Exposing Lille’s defensive naivety, beating them again through counter attacking football. Just that this time the team’s attitude clearly reflected lack of belief. It was amazing to watch Marseille deliberately keeping the pace low, in an obvious intention to control the game, prevent Lille from imposing their rhythm. Even so, they failed to disguise their nervousness: Problematic passing accuracy, unforced errors, insecurity defensively, a performance anything but convincing. Far away from their best game, Lille should have already sealed the result during 1st half, if it wasn’t for Gervinio’s and Sow’s incompetence against Matanda…

OM capitalized on Lille’s relaxation early in the 2nd half, finding the equalizer. A sloppy defensive reaction from Debuchy (one of the visitors’ best players) following a cross, which practically set up Remy: A cheap goal. In my humble opinion, however, very few people would expect the way things actually developed in the match following that moment. A milestone radically changing the psychology of the game, expected to affect Lille’s confidence, push the home side forward in front of their crowd, turn everything upside down. Which never happened. As far as I am concerned, this is the highlight of the match, I would really hope it reflects a permanent improvement in terms of maturity. Lille took the initiative again, restored the possession (check % before and after 1-1), dictated the rhythm. Seeking for the winning goal till the last minute, a collective effort justified in the dying moments of the match: 1-2, a fully deserved, crucial win…

To complete this, it’s only fair to comment on Deschamps’s policy during 2nd half which basically facilitated Garcia’s plans. Deschamps took a huge risk leaving practically four offensive players high up, a decision his team failed to support. Marseille seemed cut in two, balances in midfield clearly favored Lille, outnumbering the home side in that area. In my mind, Deschamps invested in his attacking power, hoping that people like Ayew, extremely dangerous when running with the ball, or Gignac, a proven finisher, would find at least one play (an individual effort perhaps?) in 30 minutes, and kill the match. A bit opportunistic (even though I understand that Lille’s defensive behavior till today can indeed support such an approach), I feel Deschamps has already reconsidered regarding the above mentioned strategy. On the other hand, his colleague proved calm throughout the match. Having faith to his team (and its principles), he went on with his strategy without hesitating to substitute Gervinio and Sow (both not in their best form lately). An amazing job this man has delivered so far, good luck to him…

Impressive performances from Hazard, Chedjou (he's not the player he was last year, check Liverpool's 2nd goal in Annfield and you'll understand what I mean), skipper Mavouba. Significant contributions from both the wing backs...

PS. They were gentlemen even in their celebrations. Warm congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
We could buy him

I guess he won't cost more than 40M

I think they signed Hazard, when he was 14yr old sth. They signed Rami at an age close to 20 (they sold him to valencia for around 10M), Gervinho at the age of 22, Debuchy, Cabaye, at ages close to 20...each one of them has a value of more than 5M now.

There is a lot to say about Lille's development model. That is why it would be a huge lesson for European football if they finally make it. My best to Garcia and his boys!
George Mitsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 14:13   #56
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

well, Lille just follows the likes of Ajax, Partizan, Sevilla or Porto...
Old 10-03-2011, 14:30   #57
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

Elsewhere in France during the weekend: Smiles are back at Auxerre... 16 official matches without a win (12 in the league), 1 point above relegation zone before facing Paris S.G.: The huge price of CL football for a squad lacking depth, unlucky with injuries of key players. They will stay alive until 86', when Chafni will capitalize on a rediculous reaction of unreliable LB Tiene. A great goal sealing a crucial victory for the home team. Touching moments during the celebrations, the scorer "lost" among his teammates, the whole team relieved: Auxerre are still breathing...

As for PSG, they're already facing the consequences of an ambitious campaign, living a heavy schedule lately: Fighting fot the title in the Championnat, progressing in the Cup, progressing in the Europa League. Plus at this match they missed their attacking duo, Hoarau and Erding. The complicated realities of modern football...

Good luck to Auxerre, good luck to Fernadez and his players, they don't deserve this...
Old 10-03-2011, 15:25   #58
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
well, Lille just follows the likes of Ajax, Partizan, Sevilla or Porto...

Partizan, I'm not familiar, please tell me. In Sevilla and Porto you respect youth development and scouting systems guarranteeing continuity and healthy finances. Ajax, absolutely, similar philosophies with Lille.

Like Ajax, Lille "serve" the vision of creative, attacking football. Too attacking perhaps. One of the most attractive teams in Europe, rich of offensive ideas. Just that the team is not familiar with situations like this, still building a personality to handle the pressure. Which is normal. My faith to the guy on the bench, he has proven his talent, now the challenge is related to the mental aspect. Extremely delicate business since we're talking about a young squad for one, which is too "clean", too "innocent" compared to the likes of Marseille or Lyon. But that's Lille's culture and that's why I love them. Lol, all my life I've been a succer for pure, creative, technical teams, the more naif they are the more it hurts me (especially having in mind the cynical times we're living in), the more I feel obliged to support them, to speak for them... In any case, Lille supporters should feel proud for the club.

Anyway, and leaving aside the mental issue for a momment, stuff needing further improvement:
- Tactical ballance: A naturally offensive team, often being exposed in counter attacks, with DMC Mavouba suffering in midfield.
- Effectiveness: Missing numerous opportunities, failing to kill games, practically allowing rivals to survive.
- Physical game: Not their strong point. They are bound to suffer without refs' protection, on the other hand they are too ... kind when marking themselves.

All the above -and others- are already identified before Christmas, I feel Garcia is aware of the weaknesses. And I think in 2011 we are already witnessing signs of progress. But they are still in the process. Beria, in the LB position, is indeed improving technically, but still a long way from Debuchy's impact on the other side. Which is crucial for an attacking minded team like Lille. While at this moment, perhaps No1 priority is to restore Sow's and Gervinio's form. Which also influences the performance of both the playmakers. They both did a hell of a job defensively in the Velodrome, but their playmaking activity hasn't been at the best level lately. Lack of concentration and lack of off ball movement from the forwards do not facilitate Cabaye's and Balmont's job.

Anyway, as I wrote to a friend in Lille like 2 months ago, If only they could realise their power as a unit. I have not one single doubt that all (I mean all) their rivals are afraid of them. Hope they cement their confidence and respond.
Old 10-03-2011, 16:01   #59
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mitsou
Partizan, I'm not familiar, please tell me.
As they write about themselves on several places: according to UEFA, Partizan has the second-ranking youngster school in Europe, after Ajax Amsterdam. http://partizan.rs/skolafudbala.php?Jezik=en

CZ is not bad either, as the whole country delivers all their talents into that 2 clubs.
Old 10-03-2011, 16:14   #60
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

Didn't know that, thanks for the info!