Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:40   #271
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

The BBC did an interview with Eric Cantona and asked him what the highlight of his career was. Most people were probably expecting him to name one of the fabulous goals he scored, or maybe one of the individual awards he won, or perhaps one of the 7 league titles he won.

His answer though, was "When I did the kung fu kick on the hooligan. These kind of people don't have to be at the game. I think maybe it's like a dream for some, you know, sometimes to kick these kind of people."

Classic as ever
Old 06-03-2011, 14:50   #272
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

Typical friggin Arsenal - can't put the must-win matches to bed.

I think from here on in I'm just gonna watch the relegation scrap battles. Much more exciting. (Starting after the Liverpool-Man United match on now)
Old 06-03-2011, 18:24   #273
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Liverpool crushed Man.United, amazing Suarez he just was everywhere today with such players all is easier...
Old 06-03-2011, 20:41   #274
Fenerli.Depor
Beginner

Fenerli.Depor is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Suares did great in the game also it was conspicuous by Howard Webb's absence
Old 06-03-2011, 23:23   #275
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

... did that just happen?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:21   #276
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
Liverpool crushed Man.United, amazing Suarez he just was everywhere today with such players all is easier...

ya Kuyt scored the easiest hat-trick ever he was standing close 2 the goal line pushing the goal to the net.... the goal should b 4 Suarez who made everything & made liverpool fans forget about Torres
Old 07-03-2011, 19:48   #277
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Super win for Liverpool, but have to say a couple of things.

1. Utd didn't turn up What are they doing? It amazes me that they were so timid all over the pitch. Fergie will be fuming.

2. Carragher's tackle was horrendous and deserved 5 red cards simultaneously. Terrible, terrible, terrible. A sending off then and the result might have been different.

3. Suarez's energy - amazing!

4. Utd need to replace Giggs and Scholes

5. I hope all Utd fans enjoy that "perch" while they're still sitting on it!
Old 07-03-2011, 20:03   #278
Chris

Why, who's going to knock us off it?
Old 07-03-2011, 20:36   #279
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeporChris
Why, who's going to knock us off it?

Haha!! Knew you'd come back with a good one, Chris! Arsenal???
Old 08-03-2011, 00:17   #280
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Arsenal.. i dont know they failed to take the chance everytime Man united lose they draw lets see...

Quote:
Carragher's tackle was horrendous and deserved 5 red cards simultaneously. Terrible, terrible, terrible. A sending off then and the result might have been different.

that was awful,he should punished 4 that...i hope Nani will get well soon coz he's one of the best players in premier league.
Old 10-03-2011, 15:58   #281
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Anfield has been a difficult stadium for MU through the years and Ferfuson has failed to "cure" this. No excuses here, it's not the 1st time you have the impression the result is determined before ref's first whistle. Not much to say either regarding the unbeliebable defending leading to really cheap goals; especially 1st and 2nd. While V. D. Saar the man to blame for the 3rd. A defending behaviour reflecting the team's lack of belief, a similar story with Arsenal's attitude at Old Trafford earlier this season; they also had lost (in their minds) before leaving the dressing room to appear on the pitch...

As for Caragher, it's not the first time, probably not the last either. The intention is obvious. Lacking true football quality as a team, using cheap means to achieve their goals. Once upon a time Liverpool were famous as a football laboratory, introducing all kind of novelties. Now they're known for this ... Taliban attitude they adopt, especially at Anfield. If opponents are afraid they won't perform at 100%, right? Then the first step to beat them has been made...

My humble opinion: Liverpool's legacy does not deserve this. Neither does K. Dalglish...

PS. Hogson already leaving his mark in terms of defensive behaviour. Under his command, WBA are expected to give a decent fight to avoid relegation, under Di Mateo they wouldn't stand a chance...
Old 10-03-2011, 18:25   #282
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

George, I'm sure DeporChris will respond about your MU comments. Personally I don't think any MU team EVER goes out at Anfield, or anywhere else against a Liverpool side for that matter, believeing they have no chance and that the game is over before it has begun.

In relation to your Liverpool remarks, I couldn't disagree with you more. Labelling Liverpool's style of play as terroristic is over the top and entirely without any basis in truth, IMO. Perhaps you could elaborate on why you think Carragher is a serial offender at this kind of thing? Also, could you give some examples of Liverpool using cheap means to achieve their goals at Anfield?

Last edited by Rack : 10-03-2011 at 18:28.
Old 10-03-2011, 19:44   #283
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

Honestly, I think this feature has been established during the Benitez era. A totally overrated coach, unable to handle competition against the other 3 top clubs of the Premiership (to be accurate, against the likes of Ferguson, Mourinio and Venger). Feeling the pressure to produce results, for years he had been occupied in building a series of “arguments”, in a desperate attempt to provide excuses for his mistakes –and his incompetence. But this is another discussion, off topic. In the context of our conversation, I always felt he transmitted this “die hard” mentality to his team, especially at Anfield. The “physical game” is a common characteristic of British football, yes, but I seriously have felt that their physical approach was beyond the limits numerous times. In my mind, the intention was to deliver a clear message to the rival; that they were bound to suffer in there...

As for Charagher, I think he represents this kind of spirit, usually operating as the captain. First image coming to my mind is a tackle of his in the first minute of last season’s match against Spurs at Anfield. Liverpool were under serious pressure at that moment, they desperately needed the result. But we can find more, I assure you. Anything but accidental, my friend. As I said, delivering a clear message to opponents. I am sorry, I cannot be convinced that the Nani incident was accidental either…

Rack, I don’t mean any disrespect, I’m the one talking about a legacy here. I myself used to be a follower of Liverpool, believe me. When suddenly everything changed the moment Dalglish walked out of the door, or if you want, the moment his compatriot and former teammate took over. A milestone radically influencing the club’s strategy and general profile, for reasons beyond my understanding. As if it wasn’t the same club anymore. If the term “cheap” is the problem, forget it, I take it back. But I think what I meant was pretty clear. And for what it matters, this post is written by a guy who clearly acknowledges this club’s contribution to English and European football. Liverpool are a historical reference, no doubt about that. That is why I always expected good stuff from that particular environment…
Old 10-03-2011, 21:30   #284
Chris

Our team selection against Liverpool was wrong in some respects and forced in others. Convoluted theories addressing inferiority complexes don't cut it for me. Carrick not playing will.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:13   #285
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

They haven’t taken a point in Anfield since 2007, I don’t think this record is indicative to the difference between the two teams in terms of quality, obviously I believe MU have constantly been better these years. I’ve watched several of these matches, big parts of others, even matches they won like the one in 2006 with O’Shea’s late goal. I insist on my opinion: United have not been playing to their real strength there for a while, failing to handle the psychological pressure, unable to deal with the home side’s passion, as far as I am concerned. A lot of this has to do with the importance of the match for Liverpool; in the framework of basically mediocre campaigns it meant more to them, naturally they gave 100%, somehow feeling they’d save the season by winning MU…

The defensive behavior in this particular match also reflects this: leaving aside Nani’s reaction for a moment, the situation in the 1st goal is hard to describe. Lack of coordination, lack of composure, lack of determination. Anything but indicative of the actual ability of the … 5 players defensively involved in the play, individually as well as a unit. Seriously, I don’t think we will ever experience anything like that again from a defense trained by Alex Ferguson, I would put my money on this anytime…

PS. Carrick’s absence can hardly be the issue here, especially this season.
PS1. Given my respect to Ferguson’s United, I find the above simply unacceptable, therefore my criticism. Having said that, one might argue that such situations are rather common in fixtures with a historical background of rivalry, like the one between these two clubs. Which has nothing to do with “inferiority complexes”. Nothing convoluted there also, facts speak for themselves. If I meant anything but the exact wording I used in both my posts, I would have said it directly.
Closed Thread