Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:52   #286
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mitsou
facts speak for themselves

Yet you're insisting on an opinion. Interesting.
Old 11-03-2011, 16:29   #287
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Even this expression is used by an individual, me; so obviously it’s my point of view, you or somebody else could disagree. Facts are the series of results / performances I’m referring to, the opinion provides the reasoning behind them, the way I see it. Why things developed this way instead of another. It’s individuals who project meanings to things, the same way you did for that particular match (the Carrick reference), another guy would perhaps argue that all this is accidental, simply luck (good for one side, bad for the other) or whatever.

From the other post of yours it was already obvious that we disagreed, I thought I should add another, make myself clearer perhaps, in reference to the “convoluted theories” you used. I thought it was an interesting discussion. Perhaps I was wrong. Anyway, that’s where it stays for me, nothing further to add.
Old 11-03-2011, 17:23   #288
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

George, no offence taken by me to your first post. In fact, I was genuinely intrigued at how you came to the conclusion that Liverpool are over-physical, that's all. You've responded and although I don't necessarily agree with your point of view, I think we can agree to disagree!!

Much has been said on this Forum and others about the over-physical nature of British football and I'm not going to revisit that argument. Suffice to say that Liverpool are hardly a Bolton or a Stoke - and even that's doing those teams some injustice. The critical point we agree on was that Carragher's tackle was a shocker and has no place in football.
Old 11-03-2011, 21:58   #289
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mitsou
Facts are the series of results / performances I’m referring to

Sure, and it's speculative to make that inferrence following a game that saw United adhere to form, rather than one that was an exception to the rule, the "rule" being that United's away form thus far has been woeful in general.
Old 24-03-2011, 10:26   #290
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...oduce-standing

Chris, Rack, Feli, Rik?!
I think the proposal is refused once again anyway...

Chris, we were talking about something similar after the MUFC-OM match. I forgot to ask, what is the opinion of players like Giggs, Scholes and mainly Gary Neville? Cannot they be involved in this problem?
Old 24-03-2011, 11:41   #291
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion is that there should be an area allocated behind one of the goals for standing. It would definitely add to the atmosphere and boost attendances imo.

Whilst I can understand the worries and concerns after Hillsborough, I think a big reason for the injuries and deaths were because of those cage like fences seperating the pitch from the stands and they're gone now. If there were such a problem again, it would be far easier to get onto the pitch rather then get crushed against the fence. To be honest, with seating I think it could make more of a problem in such incidents.

I guess the downside would be the extra money for policing/stewarding, because you'd need more of them covering that area to ensure there aren't any non-emergency trips onto the pitch by the fans.

From my experience at english games, it gets bloody annoying, especially when you're sat with young kids (ie short); when a whole bunch of idiots stand up in front of you and start singing "Stand up, if you love the "insert team nicknames/colours"" Would be good to give them an area to stand where they don't spoil the occasion for others.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:13   #292
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

I think a better athmosphere would give the kids a speechless experience. Not the one, that 20 drunken idiots were standing in front of us, but the 2000 die-hard fans were standing (how shocking?) and singing all match long in the behind the goal sectors, and finally we just sang with them.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:18   #293
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
From my experience at english games, it gets bloody annoying, especially when you're sat with young kids (ie short); when a whole bunch of idiots stand up in front of you and start singing "Stand up, if you love the "insert team nicknames/colours"" Would be good to give them an area to stand where they don't spoil the occasion for others.

Well said!!
There are people who like to sit, and people who like to stand. It isn't nice to force any of them watching the game otherwise.
Old 26-03-2011, 15:03   #294
Chris

Premier League officials don't want it. It doesn't make financial sense, which is the issue central to all discussions about the future of the Premier League. The police don't want it either. Despite Hillsborough having happened over 20 years ago, the criticism that they received made them irrevocably paranoid about any such proposals. Reasoning with them is useless. Terracing itself didn't kill all of those people, safe standing is a proven success on the continent, England's grounds have the infrastructure in place to implement it successfully. None of it matters.

Standing won't be reintroduced. What fans want is irrelevant. It's as simple as that.
Old 28-03-2011, 12:43   #295
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

bad world, Chris.

Van Persie, one of the few Dutch players (beside Bommel, and De Jong, not Siem, the Ajax player, or Luuk from Twente, but Nigel from City) I don't like too much, made a very correct, unselfish goal-assist to mate Dirk Kuyt against Hun. The Arsenal man was one-on-one against the Hun goalie, but has chosen the even more sure version and assisted Kuyt. It was a team-mate like gesture, what is suprising for me from him
Old 29-03-2011, 12:07   #296
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli caught throwing darts at youth-team players...!!!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...wing-darts-at-
Old 04-04-2011, 16:04   #297
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

Sunderland Sunderland Sunderland... What has happened to them? Last 7 matches - 6 losses and 1 draw. They're looking at relegation if they don't sort themselves out.
Old 05-04-2011, 22:40   #298
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney faces two-game ban for swearing...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ooney-swearing.

here is the way he celebrated..!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdvR9XwXbWs
Old 07-04-2011, 14:43   #299
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

I am not sure whether he is the best English midfielder, but in the later sentences, he is very probably right.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...856794,00.html
Old 07-04-2011, 15:55   #300
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

He's got a point about not getting picked.

That bit at the end sounds a bit like Mike Bassett.
Closed Thread