Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:57   #541
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
under the new investor (and the new coach) Racing won 3 matches and a draw, when they met RMCF. money solved their problem.

I looked upwards the table, but didn't manage to find them
Old 08-03-2011, 11:15   #542
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Racing are in a good streak 5 matches 2 win 2 draws 1 lost, very good presentation of this team, but they are 14th.We are 13th, also with good streak 5 matches without lost, next match if we beat Espanyol, the thing will become wonderful.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:48   #543
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
I looked upwards the table, but didn't manage to find them
OK, but from where (how low) are they coming? of course the new investor arrived late to contract too much or any new player at Santander...
Old 13-03-2011, 04:21   #544
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Not the team we knew the moment Aguirre arrived some months ago (November 2010). He’s good but not great. I mean he’s not highly talented, he’s highly experienced –and a fighter. Zaragoza’s situation was anything but promising at that moment, a totally demoralized squad (suffering for years due to their administration’s incompetence). Conscious his team would struggle for a while, Aguirre would be content with the narrowest possible wins in the beginning, hoping his work will deliver in time. He has been lucky to escape with a couple of 1-0 wins in his first days which helped Zaragoza keep close to surviving positions on the table. Also helping the team eventually restore its confidence as proved in matches they responded coming from behind. At the same time, Aguirre kept calm and patient on the bench. While Zaragoza was suffering on the pitch playing below their potential, players received the impression of a coach seeming in control of the situation. Not losing his temper, not pushing them. Understanding the pressure they’re dealing with, respecting them, willing to wait. Basically trusting in them…

Tonight the team fulfilled Aguirre’s trust, responding to his well constructed game plan. Deliberately conceding possession to the rival (Valencia reached 68%) but allowing just 3 shots (1 on goal) throughout the match. With Ponzio providing depth in midfield, Gabi, defensively assisted by Herrera, in front of him, picking up Valencia’s playmakers. While Jarosik had been given specific orders to keep close to Soldado, an effective SC with quick decisions when connecting with teammates, the moment the latter entered the area of his responsibility. Disciplined and well organized defensively, good covering of spaces, highly concentrated, stealing balls, intercepting etc. While the impressive part was their clear ideas when getting in possession of the ball. Several of their counter attacks tonight are worth to be taught in seminars (plays leading to 2nd and 4th goal among them), in others they missed accuracy in the final passing. Seriously, it’s not common watching Valencia being caught surprised in such kind of game… A Valencia obviously suffering the midweek Schalke impact. Even though Emery rested players, the depth in his bench gives him that luxury…

Provided that Aguirre has been working systematically on the above described patterns, there’s no doubt it’s a game plan that suits them. Playing against strong teams, playing away. It’s a question how it will adapt against direct rivals though, especially at home. Not to mention that several of his players need to respond in a more reliable manner in their marking responsibilities, others in their passing. In the process of improving the quality of their game, Zaragoza’s personality still needs serious testing, their fighting spirit, the way they can handle pressure. In any case, a direct rival of ours showing clear signs of improvement. A great night for them undoubtedly, Gods seem to be on Aguirre’s side: As I’ve already said, his first, anything but convincing wins were crucial, without them I doubt tonight’s performance could be possible…
Old 13-03-2011, 10:49   #545
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

zaragoza 4-0 valencia

i think the early goal of Jarosik helped alot in deciding the game,& as u said george Valencia still suffering schalke loss in CL

Last edited by Riazor warriors : 13-03-2011 at 10:57.
Old 13-03-2011, 21:11   #546
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

That was a ridiculous call on Busquets. Goal by Messi should surely have been allowed?

Old 13-03-2011, 23:10   #547
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

They have been extremely generous for weeks, handing gifts to Levante, us, Malaga, perhaps even Racing. So I guess tonight it was Sporting’s turn, right? Not to mention that Hercules has probably every right to issue a formal complaint, being the only relegation threatened club missing this “preferential treatment”…

It needed like 10 minutes from the ref’s first whistle for everybody to understand that it was Villareal’s shadow again out there tonight. With their typical “relaxed” attitude, as a member of this forum elegantly described it, in the minute - by - minute thread of our match against them, a month ago. Having played a demanding midweek game in the Europa League (with another ahead) can hardly provide an excuse. An ambitious, mature team is expected to effectively deal with this situation, control the match while saving energy. At least seriously try towards that direction. Which isn’t Villareal’s case. Yet. I’ve said it more than once, Garido has done much to change their fate (without damaging their philosophy and style) but it will take time to permanently influence their mentality…

It’s hard to describe what we witnessed in the Madrigal tonight. Where a 10-man (since 66’) hard working Sporting enjoyed the initiative throughout 2nd half, with the ball being played basically in Villareal’s half. With a goal behind (a gift from their GK to Rossi), naturally under pressure, they failed in their final moves, hitting the post in 78’. At the same time, Villareal seemed like an amateurish team, hardly recognizable, with concentration below zero. Unable to change the fate of the game, playing with fire for 90 minutes. Which is normal: It’s a statistical fact, when you enter the pitch with such a mindset, very rarely will you be able to correct things in the process. The break usually provides the last chance, once again Garido wasted it. Either he doesn’t understand the problem or (most likely?) “invests” long term. Being overprotective towards his players short term, expecting the team to eventually mature in time. Even so, his decisions made things worse. Clumsy Wakaso’s presence contributed to further confusion, guiding Valero out of the central midfield area led to a total loss of control. For which Villareal were punished in injury time, following a dubious penalty decision. At that moment, the visitors had 9 men on the pitch (after another -straight- red in 90’)…

A shameful performance (due to a totally unprofessional approach) leading to the worst possible scenario: For them, missing a clear opportunity to close the gap with Valencia. For us, with a direct rival saving a point against a better team away…
Old 14-03-2011, 01:49   #548
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mitsou
They have been extremely generous for weeks, handing gifts to Levante, us, Malaga, perhaps even Racing. So I guess tonight it was Sporting’s turn, right? Not to mention that Hercules has probably every right to issue a formal complaint, being the only relegation threatened club missing this “preferential treatment”…

It needed like 10 minutes from the ref’s first whistle for everybody to understand that it was Villareal’s shadow again out there tonight. With their typical “relaxed” attitude, as a member of this forum elegantly described it, in the minute - by - minute thread of our match against them, a month ago. Having played a demanding midweek game in the Europa League (with another ahead) can hardly provide an excuse. An ambitious, mature team is expected to effectively deal with this situation, control the match while saving energy. At least seriously try towards that direction. Which isn’t Villareal’s case. Yet. I’ve said it more than once, Garido has done much to change their fate (without damaging their philosophy and style) but it will take time to permanently influence their mentality…

It’s hard to describe what we witnessed in the Madrigal tonight. Where a 10-man (since 66’) hard working Sporting enjoyed the initiative throughout 2nd half, with the ball being played basically in Villareal’s half. With a goal behind (a gift from their GK to Rossi), naturally under pressure, they failed in their final moves, hitting the post in 78’. At the same time, Villareal seemed like an amateurish team, hardly recognizable, with concentration below zero. Unable to change the fate of the game, playing with fire for 90 minutes. Which is normal: It’s a statistical fact, when you enter the pitch with such a mindset, very rarely will you be able to correct things in the process. The break usually provides the last chance, once again Garido wasted it. Either he doesn’t understand the problem or (most likely?) “invests” long term. Being overprotective towards his players short term, expecting the team to eventually mature in time. Even so, his decisions made things worse. Clumsy Wakaso’s presence contributed to further confusion, guiding Valero out of the central midfield area led to a total loss of control. For which Villareal were punished in injury time, following a dubious penalty decision. At that moment, the visitors had 9 men on the pitch (after another -straight- red in 90’)…

A shameful performance (due to a totally unprofessional approach) leading to the worst possible scenario: For them, missing a clear opportunity to close the gap with Valencia. For us, with a direct rival saving a point against a better team away…

i watched the game & the ref after giving 2 red cards 2 Gijon,he gave sporting Gijon a gift & maybe a lesson to Villarreal that i was amazed with their performance in Europa League...
But u know wt's funny ? the home match in Gijon the opposite happened Castro scored 1st in 69 & Rossi equalized in loss time (same result,same scorers)

in the other match Sevilla played a great match especially in the 2nd half..they had many chances which is rare vs Barca... (1-1) 5 points different again
Old 14-03-2011, 12:33   #549
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

I was shocked by Sevilla's first half play. They were playing like.... us Then Kanoute changed everything, I don't know what is with him, why he does not play more, but when he is on, Sevilla is something similar that used to be.
Anyway that Messi free-kick goal disallowed could be a cause for war, or anything. I don't know an English word, what a bad judge it was...Perez Lasa was the referee on Gijon-Barca he is Filip's most favourite ref, for sure

Last edited by DepHun : 14-03-2011 at 12:35.
Old 15-03-2011, 20:38   #550
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
i watched the game & the ref after giving 2 red cards 2 Gijon,he gave sporting Gijon a gift & maybe a lesson to Villarreal that i was amazed with their performance in Europa League...
But u know wt's funny ? the home match in Gijon the opposite happened Castro scored 1st in 69 & Rossi equalized in loss time (same result,same scorers)

in the other match Sevilla played a great match especially in the 2nd half..they had many chances which is rare vs Barca... (1-1) 5 points different again

You're right. To be honest, I had the same impression as I was watching it live but didn't care to confirm it at the moment. Too pissed off, I didn't even watch the replays, just remember the commentator implying a dive. I mean I couldn't believe my eyes with those people, after the 2nd red card, I started thinking like "can you imagine now?" and moments later, playing 11 against 9, they were actually giving ref the opportunity to correct his decision regarding the 1st red card incident (2nd one was deserved). Unbelievable...

Anyway, you're right, not dubious, it's a dive (and a gift). But even if I really really hate referees doing "justice" in this manner, they probably deserved the punishment. This kind of performances ruins reputations. Will they learn? I doubt it, at least for the near future...

Last edited by George Mitsou : 15-03-2011 at 20:49.
Old 16-03-2011, 13:34   #551
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Eric Abidal has been diagnosed with liver tumor and will undergo a surgery on Friday, in Barcelona. All the best to him!
Old 16-03-2011, 15:05   #552
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

bad news! all the best to him!
Old 16-03-2011, 20:13   #553
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

That's awful , hopefully get better faster and rather return to the stadium.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:35   #554
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

This is just shocking , he's just 31

i feel really sad 4 him , i hope he'll recover from that & play again...

he's really a great player
Old 17-03-2011, 12:10   #555
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

what a great match in that pouring rain on Monday between Getafe and Bilbao. Manu del Morel scored 3 goals, little problem that the second into his own goal. His late third was a left (wrong)-footed rocket, one of the goals of March maybe. And in the last moment it seemed Iraizoz made an Aranzubia, but his mate (Urco?) headed the ball finally into the net after a corner-kick. That was really an open match to watch.