Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 26-04-2013, 15:36   #571
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

I think that everyone who followed Depor closely as we did, watching most of games doesn't need to read any post to know in what position play our players. Then, none here said that Riki is a pure striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-origenal
Riki was never a "9" yes..

If you were saying that he's not a pure striker to justify his numbers I would tell you that neither his performances were convincing. IMO it was generally disappointing, annoying at times to frustrating at others, acceptable to not bad in the last two years although, for me, the credit should be less for the Segunda compain.

If his staying here after the relegation (which was the original post of Kalman that I replied) is what made him a hero while the others traitors..If that is included in the commitment you're talking about then I repeat that Riki has not any other choice since he was under contract firstly and secondly there were no crazy/idiot ready to pay a penny for him at the time (remember his last match)

Quote:
Originally Posted By DepHun
..You can't change the feelings of "most of the fans". If they have something against Guardado, then they have, if Riki-Riki has his own supporting chants from the audiance, then he has. If Colotto/Coloccini/Capdevila is a legend, and Lopo is a traitor, still the players can live with it.

I am not trying to change people feelings, I wouldn't have mentioned them nor criticising their attitude but you seemed to count their feeling as an argument that Riki has done great for deportivo and the others are not because the fans see them traitors..

I don't want the fans to hate Riki or to whistle him, of course, more than that, I will be the first here to defend him if he becomes a traitor in the eyes of the same fans when he leave (although all people here know I was never a fan of his..)

Quote:
Originally Posted By Blue_Nation
You say some strange things there that I'never heard.

Anyone who's here reading the reports of Carlos through the years wouldn't find any word I wrote strange. Kalman can tell you?

In the end, all what I said here -could be true or not- is only my honest opinion.

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 00:07   #572
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-origenal
In the end, all what I said here -could be true or not- is only my honest opinion.
Which is always very welcome, dj

You are right, if Riki, instead Lopo or JR, ended contract the year of relegation, he probably would have gone, and now Riki would be a "traitor" for some people and Lopo and JR heros, that's true. About the poor performance of Lopo and JR the last 6 months of 2011, as you perfectly said before, accused doesn't mean necessarily guilty. I didnt mean they acted bad, only tried to explain why many people consider them "traitors", although I personally dont think that they played bad on purpose, no way.

Btw, Riki won the heart of many people because he was maybe the 1st player to say that he will continue in Segunda yes or yes, and he did it on the pitch, crying, just after the match vs Valencia. Maybe because, as you said, he felt guilty for all the goals he missed, but it was a good detail by him, because at that moment, we all thought that surely a lot of players would leave.
So until 2011, Riki never had been a favourite for the fans, and his performance with us had been in general poor. But this last 2 seasons his performance has been much better, and was very important for us, so that changed the feelings of many people towards Riki. Surely he will leave this summer, but I think that nobody will call him traitor for that.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 07:43   #573
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Btw, Riki won the heart of many people because he was maybe the 1st player to say that he will continue in Segunda yes or yes, and he did it on the pitch, crying, just after the match vs Valencia. Maybe because, as you said, he felt guilty for all the goals he missed, but it was a good detail by him, because at that moment, we all thought that surely a lot of players would leave.
So until 2011, Riki never had been a favourite for the fans, and his performance with us had been in general poor. But this last 2 seasons his performance has been much better, and was very important for us, so that changed the feelings of many people towards Riki. Surely he will leave this summer, but I think that nobody will call him traitor for that.

I think you are spot on, that is the moment that brought Riki to the "good side"
Old 29-04-2013, 12:59   #574
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Well, Riki wasn't the only one who choked yesterday.
The fact remains that it's noticeable that Depor means quite a lot to Riki. The way he celebrates his goals by pointing to the emblem on his shirt is an example of that. The look on his face after missing those chances yesterday said more than a thousand words ever could. And finally, his words after the game were admirable too.
To dj: for sure I take the opinion of the fans (who pay the tickets, attend the stadiums, support ("yes, we can") the team live in the most financial and sportingly troubled times (for both the club and the fans themselves). This can be a demagog, anti-modernista saying, but football is not for the 11-23 30 years old "youngster" who can play their childhood dream game and even earn huge money with it, it is neither for the president, nor for the media and business, but FOR THE FANS. I can't imagine who other's opinion should I take as an arguement point, than the fans (including you and me)?

Riki has won the battle for hearts and minds with his (marketing-wise, and financially not bad) staying in 2011, and also with his performance in the last 2 years. Lopo and JuanRo lost it, receive now a few bad comments, but I don't think they have dreamless nights. On the other hand I really hope they (mainly JuanRo) can remember better, that they played for us, as I have even a slight problem with it.
Old 04-05-2013, 13:29   #575
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To dj: for sure I take the opinion of the fans (who pay the tickets, attend the stadiums, support ("yes, we can") the team live in the most financial and sportingly troubled times (for both the club and the fans themselves). This can be a demagog, anti-modernista saying, but football is not for the 11-23 30 years old "youngster" who can play their childhood dream game and even earn huge money with it, it is neither for the president, nor for the media and business, but FOR THE FANS. I can't imagine who other's opinion should I take as an arguement point, than the fans (including you and me)?

Btw, that quote is another argument?

Someone like you, here for years following the details of everyone at this club does not need to look at anyone's opinion to build up his, not even the fans Just the facts and your knowledge

Quote:
Riki has won the battle for hearts and minds with his (marketing-wise, and financially not bad) staying in 2011, and also with his performance in the last 2 years. Lopo and JuanRo lost it, receive now a few bad comments, but I don't think they have dreamless nights. On the other hand I really hope they (mainly JuanRo) can remember better, that they played for us, as I have even a slight problem with it.

Me not!! I remember how these two did fairly good at Deportivo, better than Riki, even if all the world think otherwise!! Best whishes to both of them

Last edited by dj-origenal : 04-05-2013 at 13:33.
dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:08   #576
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

I think, I can earn extra knowledge from the opinion of the local fans, who might attend the trainings, who hear and know the everyday rumours, who is going to the disco every day, and who is the king of the trainings, etc. Watching the matches only is not enough to gain enough info to have a 100% realistic opinion.

Both Lopo and JuanRo was as much involved in our relegation as Riki-Riki. None of them were fairly good, maximum acceptable. Still, Riki-Riki is close to be a legend, and the other two are forgotten.
Old 03-06-2013, 14:27   #577
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

all the best to Riki! I think no-other player has presented the downfall of Depor better in the last 7 (?) years than Riki: the missed chances

Last edited by DepHun : 03-06-2013 at 14:32.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:13   #578
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
all the best to Riki! I think no-other player has presented the downfall of Depor better in the last 7 (?) years than Riki: the missed chances
Do we have a confirmation that he is leaving?
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 19:39   #579
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Riki could quickly lose his "legend"-status, as there are rumours coming in he might be going to... Zaragoza

If that's really true, expect many people to call him a traitor.
Old 03-06-2013, 20:21   #580
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

his contract runs out this summer to bad he dont bring any money in.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 21:20   #581
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Thank God he's gone! Finally!
Old 03-06-2013, 23:24   #582
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

This is his time to leave Depor ... Thanks for everything despite the heart attack he made for us ...
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28   #583
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

If he goes to Primera, like Getafe, he will stay well written in my book. If he goes for Segunda team I will call him a traitor.
Although I would still like him to stay, and at least some effort should be made in trying to do that.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:14   #584
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

He has just confirmed it: He's leaving
Old 04-06-2013, 11:52   #585
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

I saw that he said the last three years have been a "mental burden" for him. Had he not missed so many one on ones with the keepers these last three seasons, maybe they wouldn't have been so bad. Still wish him the best though. Two years ago he was the first one to say he was staying. That loyalty is still worth something in my book.