Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 16-02-2014, 20:48   #76
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Watford had Adam Johnson on loan for half a season the year we got relegated from EPL, we were second in the league when he left and we went downhill, he was excellent for Watford, then he sat in the stands for Middlesboro no idea why they wanted him back, still that was a long time ago.
His problem is that he isn't as good as he can be on a regular basis, he will have a good month and then disappear, I wait to see what he does this season, maybe the possibility of getting a WC call up might help.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 18:23   #77
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted By DepHun
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-ticket-prices

a sport for the rich.
anyway you have to pay the price, if you want a Spanish left-back, a Spanish team-captain and a 2 times European Champion in your team. Sultan, Rahim?

Don't expect me to come here defend everything done in England It will add nothing to the notice of people if I say that, nowadays, we are mostly choosing the least bad, not necessarily the best..

About your post, the most important thing you are forgetting is that people who go there, go to watch their beloved team no matter the players, especially when those players are not more than Monreal, Arteta and Cazorla (with all respect)

Last edited by dj-origenal : 19-02-2014 at 18:25.
dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 15:41   #78
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

http://www.urban75.org/blog/goodbye-...lower-leagues/

My source: George
Old 25-02-2014, 17:39   #79
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun

Maybe more proper to the "Modern Football is Rubbish" thread......?

All I'll say is that your passion for football begins to decrease in your late 30's and early 40's. Maybe it's not so much that football changes, but that we change.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 23:13   #80
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
All I'll say is that your passion for football begins to decrease in your late 30's and early 40's. Maybe it's not so much that football changes, but that we change.

wow, that would make a nice topic....well, not for us, but for the older

To not get into detail, i disagree on that, for various reasons. For sure, there is nth like the excitement of a kid when starts watching football at 6-10 age, but i don't see much difference in the 20's, 30's, 40's (and from people i meet inside stadiums at 50's, 60's and so on). When lots of thing in life are becoming a borefest, football is there to keep us connected with the sense of game, enough reason to keep the joy and passion
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 11:37   #81
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
really? I sadly feel something like that. Maybe not for football, but for my clubs.
I hope it is just a crisis, that I can overcome soon
Old 27-02-2014, 13:09   #82
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Luis Suarez will wear the world's first ever KNITTED boots............against Man Utd
Killing them softly!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html
Old 18-03-2014, 14:13   #83
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

Rack, what did you think about the game on Sunday? Tactics, players, etc. Furthermore, did it reflect United's decline, Liverpool's ascension, or both?

On Moyes, do you think he's good enough for United? (Good for Liverpool fans, but you know what I mean) If not, who would you replace him with?
Old 18-03-2014, 18:04   #84
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

I was in the pub having lunch with family so I didn’t get to see and hear enough of the game to comment on the tactics, players, etc, with any authority. But most certainly it reflects the contrasting fortunes of both clubs over the last 6 months. Last season, you might have expected 3-0 for Utd in the same fixture.

The real question is “is it a lasting reflection of where these two clubs will be for the next few years?” That’s harder to answer. I see startling similarities in MU’s current downward spiral with Liverpool’s plummet in the early 1990’s. And I did predict this last season, if you remember. Of all the trophies he won over the years, history will record that his last EPL win will rank as one of the greatest. But I don’t think the points/position difference this year is entirely down to the Fergie effect. For whatever reason, this squad has not rowed in behind Moyes (I think Depor are going through something similar with Vasquez). No matter how good a manager you are, if the players rebel, the results will suffer. I think the Utd players have downed tools.

Is Moyes good enough? IMO, no. He’s consistently punched above his weight with Everton, fair enough. But he won nothing there. A team finishing between 4th and 8th place every year should realistically be looking at minimum one trophy over the length of time that Moyes was at Everton. But he never even got within sniffing distance of a final. His decision not to bring either Seamus Coleman and/or Leighton Baines with him was incredible. Did he think that Rafael and Evra are better players than those two? And the worst thing he did was get rid of all of Fergie’s back room staff, thus ripping out tens of years of history and experience from the heart of the club. Moyes was blinded by the bright lights of one of the world’s biggest club’s and failed to see the drastic surgery that was needed to overhaul the squad. Mata was his only good buy and he’s playing him in too advanced a position on the field – close enough to the CB’s where he gets easily knocked off the ball. Having said all that, I’d keep him until at least the summer. You simply must appoint a manager who has a proven track record in winning titles. The problem is there aren’t many of those in England because of Fergie’s dominance over the last 20 years. Wenger – no. Mourinho – you had your chance last year and Fergie advised against him. Fergie came from a very successful early managerial career with Aberdeen. Is Neil Lennon up to the job - who knows? Personally, I wouldn’t chance him. So that leaves a foreign manager. There’s only one star stand-out candidate for me and this will really blow your mind (and David Beckham’s) – Diego Simeone. He wrings every last drop of sweat and blood from his ATM team. If he could reproduce that energy and enthusiasm he has for ATM at MU, then you’d be back in the driving seat in a couple of seasons

The most important thing to remember from Liverpool’s decline, and I can’t overemphasis this, is to stay away from former players as would-be managers (i.e. the Graeme Souness debacle). It rarely works at the very highest level (in England).
Old 18-03-2014, 18:59   #85
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
The most important thing to remember from Liverpool’s decline, and I can’t overemphasis this, is to stay away from former players as would-be managers (i.e. the Graeme Souness debacle). It rarely works at the very highest level (in England).
Sir, what about Mr. Kenny Dalglish?

Sorry, for interrupting your conversation, I would like to just add, as a non-expert of English football, that United misses quality. That is a mediocre team, with Rooney and Persie up-front. The quality of Scholes (firstly), destroyer Keane, and wingers Giggs and Beckham is not in the midfield. I have huge doubts about the defense as well. So that proves me the magic of Sir Alex, that he won the champs with this squad.

I like the fact that Moyes did not rob out Everton after leaving them. He tried it with the same squad, that Fergie left back. United is not a buyer club, Moyes kept the tradition. If he shows something in the next 2 monthes let's keep the Scot.

Just one more thing: there is a saying, that Translator Mou gets out 101% from his squads both mentally and physically, that is why, that after his departure his previous clubs used to fall back (not under Ancelotti). As Fergie left a team in 1986 for the last time, no-one knows that about him. Maybe Fergie took out 110% from this mediocre players and now they are in a recovery phase.
Old 19-03-2014, 08:33   #86
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite frankly I think Moyes is a very good manager.

If he really got rid of the old staff as Kevin says, then this action should be critized and I agree he was star struck. He had problems with the squad and paniced to solve them and that's never a good sign. It is seen that he is under immense pressure, which is probably very hard for him as he has never experienced that in his career. His decisions in games and probably in trainings as well are based toward instant success and not long term as he has been used to work and has to work.

I say: give him time and especially tone down the pressure. OK, this season is a waste, concentrate on the next. Let him plan the moves, get him the players he wants - I think he would really like Baines, just that he coudln't get him, he needs a few CB - maybe Lescott could be one of the alternatives. Fellaini will come around, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie. Just ease the pressure on him, let him work. Also if you remember Brendon Rodgers first season wasn't good as well, but he had less pressure I presume and he made things happen this year for Liverpool.

You simply need time and patience and I trust Moyes can bring out a lot from players, but taking the position after SAF wouldn't work perfectly for no manager, no matter how hard his skin is.
Old 19-03-2014, 10:10   #87
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
...what about Mr. Kenny Dalglish?...

He's on the "rarely" list, with George Graham (Arsenal) and Howard Kendall (Everton)

The "Graeme Souness" list is longer. Here's a few from the top of my head...

Terry McDermott & Mr. Dalglish (Newcastle)
Hoddle, Ardiles (Spurs)
George Burley (Ipswich)
Brian Little, John Gregory (Aston Villa)
Eddie Gray (Leeds)
Bryan Robson (W.B.A)
Ray Wilkins (Q.P.R.)
Old 19-03-2014, 10:38   #88
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Bryan Robson (W.B.A)
he was my favourite English player from the eigthies, but he was awful at WBA as a coach.

what about Guardiola, Irureta, Ancelotti, Jackie Charlton?
Old 19-03-2014, 18:17   #89
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
...what about Guardiola, Irureta, Ancelotti, Jackie Charlton?

Let's stick to the EPL here!!
Jack Charlton only ever played for Leeds, but didn't go back to destroy them as a manager
Old 20-03-2014, 12:08   #90
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Let's stick to the EPL here!!
Jack Charlton only ever played for Leeds, but didn't go back to destroy them as a manager
What about Mr. Kenny and NUFC? He has never played for US. (I left Spurs after their disgusting game against Dnipro.)