Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2015, 15:06   #16
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Hopefully they will rest some of their key players, also read that they wont be given a seating allocation as fans will not be travelling from Madrid.
Meaning we make make the atmosphere even more intimidating for them.
Either way its gonna be a very tough game for us.

as if the Riazor will be full !!

hopefully they prove me wrong
Old 15-04-2015, 19:33   #17
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

Let us hope we can take someting from this game it whil be hard but we need the point's ore point if we want to stay in primera.
Old 16-04-2015, 10:05   #18
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

can the 'Jimmy Vive!' banners be taken in for this game?
Old 16-04-2015, 12:19   #19
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

As it was said before, it is likely that ATMA will play with their B team now, so there is a chance to get a good result. The likes of Greizmann, Mandzukic, Turan, Garcia and Gabi are going to be sidelined this time, I assume.
Old 16-04-2015, 13:44   #20
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Medunjanin: "For the first time this season we're training well. The new coach has a much more professional plan and it shows."

Ouch Harsh criticism towards VF. And this coming from a guy who, up until now, has always had the decency of being honest about his own poor performances.

The man should've been sacked a lot sooner. Also goes to show you that not many players were behind VF in the end. Honestly, I never saw them running up to VF or anything... Seemed like a cold relationship, with most players.

He also said the following, among other things: "Before we only played as individuals. If one of us managed to force something, we scored. If not, nothing happened. Now we have a plan, everyone has his role on the pitch and we all know what to do now. The team is well placed now, so we don't have to run as much."

He actually said plenty of other stuff. Especially that last part struck me as interesting. It's what's been frustrating me so much, and it's the main reason the team ends exhausted every game. We don't play as a unit, the lines are much too far apart, and as a result, the players had to run like crazy to close the gaps, and we end up exhausted in the second half. There was no plan, no strategy. I'm actually glad one of the players has the guts to say it.

Last edited by deporiginal : 16-04-2015 at 14:38.
Old 16-04-2015, 15:06   #21
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

nice approval for me, that Tino F. made a mistake (which he approved) when sacking FV in the summer for telling the truth
Old 16-04-2015, 19:10   #22
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
nice approval for me, that Tino F. made a mistake (which he approved) when sacking FV in the summer for telling the truth
Edit: I decided to delete the long rant I posted here and replace it with this shorter message.

Sigh. If I have to read DepHun's "FV was sacked for telling the truth" one more time, I'm gonna throw my computer through the window. It is one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum, and I'm pretty sure he's just saying it to piss me off.You have done nothing but babble on and on about the Riazor Blues the last year. I understand you prefer talking about trivial crap like that instead of the actual game of football itself, since you are absolutely clueless about tactics, but still. I recommend looking for another hobby if all you care about is public image and stupid fans. Perhaps Justin Bieber is more up your ally. And I mean that sincerely.

Last edited by deporiginal : 16-04-2015 at 21:09.
Old 16-04-2015, 19:35   #23
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Medunjanin: "For the first time this season we're training well. The new coach has a much more professional plan and it shows."

Ouch Harsh criticism towards VF. And this coming from a guy who, up until now, has always had the decency of being honest about his own poor performances.

The man should've been sacked a lot sooner. Also goes to show you that not many players were behind VF in the end. Honestly, I never saw them running up to VF or anything... Seemed like a cold relationship, with most players.

He also said the following, among other things: "Before we only played as individuals. If one of us managed to force something, we scored. If not, nothing happened. Now we have a plan, everyone has his role on the pitch and we all know what to do now. The team is well placed now, so we don't have to run as much."

He actually said plenty of other stuff. Especially that last part struck me as interesting. It's what's been frustrating me so much, and it's the main reason the team ends exhausted every game. We don't play as a unit, the lines are much too far apart, and as a result, the players had to run like crazy to close the gaps, and we end up exhausted in the second half. There was no plan, no strategy. I'm actually glad one of the players has the guts to say it.

VF is not a good tactical coach thats for sure, but you really can't base anything on him from one player's declaration.

professionally, although the declaration appear to be correct and accurate , it is wrong to declare them at such difficult moment.

another thing, you really don't know if gonna win one of the last 7 matches.

I would have declared that at least after a surprising win against Atltico
Old 16-04-2015, 21:13   #24
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
VF is not a good tactical coach thats for sure, but you really can't base anything on him from one player's declaration.

professionally, although the declaration appear to be correct and accurate , it is wrong to declare them at such difficult moment.

another thing, you really don't know if gonna win one of the last 7 matches.

I would have declared that at least after a surprising win against Atltico
Meh. Even if Mourinho himself took over right now, it's hard to correct the mess VF left with just a few games left. Morale pretty much couldn't be any lower at this point as well.

Haris was always critical of his own performance, something VF has never been. He shut his mouth the entire time VF was here. Now he's gone, so who cares, we don't know what happened exactly between them. He's just saying what everyone who has seen us play already knows. For me, it's a positive message. It shows the players intend to give their best, and it gives us hope that tactically, we'll be placed better.

Perhaps he wouldn't have said it if VF hadn't told the press he is leaving with his head held high, that he's proud of what he's done, and that he left when we were still out of the relegation zone. He deserves to be knocked down a peg or two.
Old 16-04-2015, 22:10   #25
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Ok, so I guess as one of the very few defenders of VF in his time here I shouldn't chicken out of this discussion

I have praised him a lot, especially at the beginning of the year when we were starting to play better than I had seen from Depor in a long, long time. I still stand by all of those things. In those games we played pretty much as well as a team of our quality can do with a passing/possession/pressure based game. Of course it was never a pure possession game as the top teams do it (not even them a lot of the time though) which I would think is pretty much impossible with our players, especially the CBs we have. Just remind yourselves, I wasn't the only one who praised at that time, even the harshest critics at least liked what we did there.

So considering that, I don't think it's fair to interpret Haris' statement to mean that everything was just horrible before, as he did in fact clarify, kind of. A lot of the things we did in ALL of our games and especially the ones during our best spell simply CANNOT be done with the kind of coach you all imagine him to be. I really don't feel like going through tactical examples again but there have been many positive statements from players towards VF as well, especially in the pre-season and then later on by MP, Alex and a couple of others too. Every coach in a critical situation has his supporters and 'enemies' in a squad of 25.

Now, I agree that Haris has always seemed like a genuine guy and if he says these things, I'm sure he has a reason to feel that way. It is impossible for any of us to know better than the players what goes on in training, and I am not saying that VF doesn't have all kind of other defects that we as fans can't know about or that VSdA isn't better tactically (that remains to be seen though). The truth is that at some point our good development stopped, although even in our worst games the tactical base was still there, we just didn't manage to execute it well enough anymore to be successful. Is that because of VF's capabilities as a coach? Could be, I don't know.

What I do know plays a part in it is that our environment dramatically deteriorated again, and I don't think most of you give recognition to just how hard it is to perform under such circumstances. Teams with environments like this and a squad like ours usually end last by a long shot. So let's at least have the decency to respect him for leaving us outside the relegation zone and not simply laugh this off. I for one was happy to have a coach who was MUCH better than FV, MUCH better than Oltra, and to me certainly better than Lotina and Caparrós. If teams don't have a plan when having the ball, it looks like us under Vázquez. I know plenty of these outdated coaches like FV from the past 15 years in Germany, I know what that looks like when absolutely basic things are simply not trained. At all. With VF this was not the case. Let's not act like it's all the same when there is quite simply a huge difference.

Haris only has the comparison of VF to VSdA. Players like Álex, Laure, JD have played their entire careers under the likes of FV, Oltra and Lotina. For them VF was their first actual teacher of how to play football and it showed at least in the case of Álex.
Old 17-04-2015, 01:56   #26
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

You give the example of Alex, but Juando and Insua (voted our best players last season) have completely vanished from the line-up, and when they díd play, they were awful.

Yes, there were a few hopeful games. But let's take a look at our wins. In Eibar, we were very lucky to score the first and only goal. Aside from that, we did nothing. At home against Eibar, it was a certain 0-0 until their keeper and defender commited ridiculous mistakes. Bilbao was another typical 0-0, but we managed to break the deadlock with one play. Same thing against Elche. At Rayo we managed to win without hardly creating a chance.

Against Valencia, they were slightly better until we scored a very lucky goal from a corner. After that, the players seemed to be very riled up, grew in the game, and Valencia just disappeared. Our second goal came from a lucky goal kick. Our last one came when Valencia was attacking. And we were quite lucky their 2-1 was cancelled.

In every game we got the three points, we had luck at our side. We've played against some very poor rivals, and still we were never flat-out the better team. Almeria has outplayed Granada last weekend, from the start. We never put in such a performance this year (aside from maybe Valencia). Yes, we had a string of games where we improved, but suddenly VF started to swap our wingers again and boom, it was over.

Tactically, this was a disaster. Another kind of disaster compared to FV, but a disaster nonetheless. The way our three lines are so unbelievably far apart... I just don't get that. You say FV was stuck in the 90s. I disagree. FV's tactics probably would've been as suicidal back then as they are now. VF, on the other hand, is a true dinosaur. His tactics would've been much more suitable in the older days than right now.

There is no doubt in my mind that we would've gotten relegated had VF completed the season. I'm certain of that. Against Cordoba we saw a broken team that was looking clueless. A team that left dozens of meters between lines at times, a team that didn't move as a unit, a team where wingers were making desperate runs without anyone filling the gaps,... Quite simply, a team without a strategy. The league this season is very poor. There are several other teams out there like us. We stringed together lucky wins against Rayo and Eibar, and confidence suddenly seemed high, we even put up a good fight against an atrocious Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. But when that short-lived positive atmosphere died down, we returned to being the exact same broken team as in the beginning of the season. No progress, no nothing.

VF managed to make our team look pretty decent (a rare occurrence, but it happened), but that pretty much only happened against teams that left us with acres of space themselves.

Finally, to get back to Alex. Yes, at this point, he's the only alternative we have for that position. But even a terrific Alex is still a mediocre Primera player. When Alex is poor, he's pretty much at a Tercera level. It's dramatic. Just because he gives a nice looking through pass now and then these days, doesn't mean he's a good player. What about all the times his through balls end up in the feet of an opponent allowing them to launch dangerous counter attacks? He's unbelievably slow with the ball in his feet as well. And you really need to take in mind that our opponents give Alex space. Really, next time we play, you should really pay attention to that. Borges has the ball, 2 players immediately close him down. Alex has the ball, and his rivals usually back up and let him come, because they know he won't do much with it, especially if they close down his passing options instead of himself. A few months ago he was able to surprise them by actually giving a half-decent pass a few times, but now, even that is disappearing. Even in his better games, Alex is still a liability. Even in the games in which I've rated him our best player. Which should tell you something about the other players.

Last edited by deporiginal : 17-04-2015 at 01:59.
Old 17-04-2015, 08:57   #27
Tjorni
Almost Regular

Tjorni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haris only has the comparison of VF to VSdA
And to van Gaal too, for example, from his AZ stage. He is undoubtful member of national team that played last year in the world cup and I think that he can know smth about managers.
I want to believe Haris, I hope that he tell us about whole team mood. They had show a will to fight against Sociedad and now they will have a much tough exam for them - a champion.

About FV and VF - they were two different types of coaches. FV was very emotional and narcissistic, VF was cold. The first one usually tell dumb things as "my players are not the first choice", second one was very cautious and sometimes coward. But I'm sure that nor FV (remember his changes last season) nor VF could not save us from Segunda. Maybe Victor can. He seems to be open-minded and will give all to save us.
Old 17-04-2015, 10:58   #28
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjorni
And to van Gaal too, for example, from his AZ stage. He is undoubtful member of national team that played last year in the world cup and I think that he can know smth about managers.
I want to believe Haris, I hope that he tell us about whole team mood. They had show a will to fight against Sociedad and now they will have a much tough exam for them - a champion.

About FV and VF - they were two different types of coaches. FV was very emotional and narcissistic, VF was cold. The first one usually tell dumb things as "my players are not the first choice", second one was very cautious and sometimes coward. But I'm sure that nor FV (remember his changes last season) nor VF could not save us from Segunda. Maybe Victor can. He seems to be open-minded and will give all to save us.
I agree here. We don't know anything about Victor's skills yet, true. But I prefer a debuting young coach, who knows how the game is played nowadays, with fresh new ideas, over an old past-his-prime coach any day of the week.
Old 17-04-2015, 11:43   #29
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I am not VF biggest fan, I dont think he did so badly considering the amount of injuries, young loan players, under performing players in the squad, incidents in madrid and fans unrest with Tino.
That is a lot of factors to deal with for a manager in his 1st year at a newly promoted club.
Some may say that he could of been a better motivator, but at the same time the players also need to man up. Yes Alex B is not the greatest of midfielders that we have had, but if players such as JuanDo, Medunjanin, Insua, Cuenca and Farina had his work rate, we would be sitting in a higher position in the table, no doubts.
Medunjanin, Cuenca and Farina have featured in many games this season where they have painfully underperformed, the manager cannot be blamed for all of those woeful performances. If we managed to win one of those many games that we had drawn, VF would probably still be in charge.
FV had a very good group of players to work with and did not get the best out of them. So although there was an emotional attachment to the guy, IMO he deserved to go, regardless of his comments about transfers.
I am very happy with the change in morale since VSDA has come in, and I like all of us am really hoping we can win 2 or 3 more games from the remaining 7. But looking at the bigger picture, I think that we need to learn that having to bring in 10 loan players every season is that the correct way to run a football club. Securing players like Fabricio, Saul, Cardoso, Lucas, JuanDo, Lucas etc on long term deals is vital for next season.
We need stabillity and real leaders in the dressing room who will demand that everyone gives their all week in, week out.
Old 17-04-2015, 11:59   #30
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Perhaps Justin Bieber is more up your ally. And I mean that sincerely.
I am very good in speaking this way, maybe not in English, but I think I can improve to this level. Still now, a little more open, I just call the attention of the moderators, that Greg has been constantly insulting for 5 months Xosé, for calling his friends criminals.