Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 28-10-2009, 11:14   #1
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football teams you're watching live

There are threads about teams that we like, or dislike in various ligas, but what about a thread talking on football we're watching live (besides Deportivo for the privileged )

So post here, which teams you're following regularly, or once in while, how is the situation in the stadium (atmopshere, fans, facilities, etc) no matter how good, or crappy the liga or the team is.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 12:41   #2
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

u mean on TV/Internet right?
mostly only deportivo (even that if i can get a low 250-300kbps stream).. sometime Wigan, and also any game if the opponent is manutd, Liverpool , chelsea, RM and occassionally Barca only when they are loosing..
I like games of Wigan and Villarreal also and watch them if they are showing on TV..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 13:07   #3
ggeorg

Peña Member

Sorry, Hari, maybe i didn't explain this right.
I'm not talking about TV, internet etc, i'm talking about watching football in real, inside a stadium

Btw, for those who post here, pictures of how the stadium-games, look like, would be highly appreciated

Last edited by ggeorg : 28-10-2009 at 13:09.
Old 28-10-2009, 13:58   #4
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very bad in watching football live. I'm blind as a moll for long distance and watch better on TV. Plus as i drink many beers, i need a wc each 15 minutes
And besides that, the tickets are very overpriced.
I do watch a lot of games on screen, but live very very little.

I did when i still lived in Belgium, each week! I went to KVM, Anderlecht, Standard, Bruges and never had to pay Had very good high contacts in Belgium football and was once on the edge of becoming an agent (not any longer so)
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 14:04   #5
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Live in the stadiums: ETO FC Győr playing in the Hun primera liga. I have been to cca. 15-20 matches a year for 15 years now, but I have given it up after this summer cup final losing. There is approx 3000 spectators per match, but against Budapest clubs like Ferencváros, Újpest, and regional arch-rival Videoton, it is sometimes as high as 15-25,000. I have a feeling, that away we have a better supporter group.
Here is a link about the stadium:

http://www.eto.hu/index.php?op=content&sel=43

Since 1983 the club has not won anything, since 1986 not even on podium, so...

Gyirmót FC and ETO 2nd (youth, Fabril) team: Hun segunda, should I tell more things? the level is not very good, but the feeling is more friendly.

Here is a segunda pitch from the reachest part of Hungary, a really feared fortress
http://www.gyirmotse.hu/gyirmotse/in...15&Itemi d=32

Hun (inter)national team: 4-6 matches per year, recently with a growing 40.000 attendance. I have not ever seen that team winning against a stronger side than Georgia. (what was a very strong side back then, with Kecbaja, Kobiashvili, Arveladze, Demetradze). I have a home-record like 8 winnings, 15 draws and 20 loses. I don't like when we play against Romania, firstly, as we always lose, secondly, as the whole thing is not about football, but politics. Similar to Srbija, Hrvatska, and mainly Slovakia.
I have seen Sweden winning in Budapest 3 times already, with very sportsmen-like away crowd, and wonderful blondie-girls contingents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTh64_GtzU

Good topic George! What about your Iraklis-addiction?
I hope we can see good videos/photos from by our North African mates.

Last edited by DepHun : 28-10-2009 at 14:14.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 14:31   #6
ggeorg

Peña Member

Thanx Kalman

This is what i was really looking for, and i guess many will find it interesting as well. Links, pics etc, from non-European members would be great, as football in Asia, or Africa, doesn't get much of publicity. I'll post my experiences later.

You forgot to mention Debreceni champions league games

Filip, what are the ticket prices in Prague?
Old 28-10-2009, 15:35   #7
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Filip, what are the ticket prices in Prague?

starting cheap, 5 euro for worst places for normal competition games.
But when i said 'expensive', I didnt mean over here, but in a more interesting league or competition

Prague CL tickets are too expensive (for me) cause you need buy the whole bunch of games even if you want to watch just one. The czech teams are not that interesting to me, only the national team.
Old 28-10-2009, 15:44   #8
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

I took a picture at the Manchester derby.

Yeah, I know. Atrocious quality. It was in an attempt to get a picture of this, which was a response to this. In terms of experience it was one of the best you can ask for as a football fan. Shame about the Liverpool game being one of the worst.

On a regular visit to Old Trafford the atmosphere could be better. A lack of it seems to be emphasised by the size of the stadium. You only get a decent atmosphere from the East and West stands.

A lot of the fans think they know better than Fergie. I recently felt ashamed for a large section of our fans when they booed our players at half-time. Spoilt buggers. A good number also leave 5-10 minutes early. Gotta beat the rush.

Good facilities, rip-off prices.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 15:45   #9
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I know Sparta is quite regular in CL, not like the Hun champ, so you can call it as an outstanding chance for me, Filip, but still I traveled 250 km to watch the opponents: Lyon and Fiorentina. Are not you intetested in such kind of teams? I would defenetely go out for such matches, players in my living-city even if I don't care about the home team. Actually I do this
Old 28-10-2009, 15:54   #10
ggeorg

Peña Member

Nice welcomings Chris
Old 28-10-2009, 15:55   #11
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I was in Budapest (Puskas Ferenc Stadium), when Fiorentina has beaten Debrecen 4:3. It was a fantastic game to watch as both teams were playing in attacking mentality + the crowd was very active, too (both sides). I'm considering to go to the Liverpool game as well - hopefully I will get there.

Here is a pic about the stadium:

http://www.football-pictures.net/dat...skas-stade.png

Last edited by istike : 28-10-2009 at 16:03.
istike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 16:24   #12
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

The last game I went to was Rangers 1 - Sevilla 4
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 17:20   #13
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

I've been to a few Toronto FC games. The team is improving by the year (DeGuzman has been a brilliant addition!). The fans are insanely loud for such a small stadium every game sells out and tickets are still reasonably priced if you manage to get them through regular channels.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 18:27   #14
ggeorg

Peña Member

I'm watching once in a while 2 teams. The first division club Iraklis Thessaloniki and my neighborhood team, Agrotikos Asteras, currently at the second division.

Football level is close to crap, in both cases, but i'm a sucker of watching football live, so i keep following them. Depending on the weather and the timetable, i'm going in around 10-20 games per season.

At Iraklis, things are like at ETO Gyor, as Dephun said...approx 3-4.000 spectators per game, while in derbies this could be 7-10.000. The stadium is quite big, around 25.000, so it always look almost empty
Iraklis hasn't won anything since 1976, so it's like Gyor once again

At Agrotikos Asteras, things are amateur to the bone, which is what i really like
While the level of football is acceptable, the home stadium is the smaller in the league (around 2.000 capacity), while the crowd is around 400-700 people.
Quite a family atmosphere, and the most welcoming stadium for away fans, which is an advantage as well.
Here's a pic i got earlier this season (There are stands from the 2 sides, while from the other 2 there's wall 3m from the line )

Last edited by ggeorg : 28-10-2009 at 18:33.
Old 28-10-2009, 18:49   #15
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

well, if you can count amateur teams as well, than i have seen about 10 games last season of my neighborhood team. There's usually around 100-200 people