Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 03-10-2008, 13:29   #91
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

What the heck are you talking about Tristan ? Those are the pots, not groups
Old 03-10-2008, 13:33   #92
Baudolino

Baudolino is off the scale

Hmm.. I don't think Depor is going to play against Brugge... They are in the same pot, so they will be in different groups... I think...

I just can't belive Depor really overcame the 2-0 from the first leg... Not after seeing the first leg and the way Brann seemed to play... But the players really rose up to the occasion, and they totally deserve this win. This is such a great win for Deportivo.
Baudolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 13:52   #93
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baudolino
Hmm.. I don't think Depor is going to play against Brugge... They are in the same pot, so they will be in different groups... I think...
Yeah, but we can still draw Standard Liege from pot 5 (they're Belgian champions). The annoying thing here is that Standard (pot 5) is a lot stronger than Brugge (pot 2). I'd really rather not draw Standard, cause Liege is entirely the other side of Belgium for me, ánd without wanting to sound too patriotic, they're by far the best team from pot 5. I'd prefer one of those Dutch teams from pot 5 A crap team would be good too Hertha, I could go and watch if we face them away on a date where I'm not busy.

My dreamgroup would be: Milan, Slavia Prague, Hertha, Zilina.
Old 03-10-2008, 13:59   #94
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
maybe other thought it is not a crucial match
hmm.. it seems so..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 14:01   #95
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Football always has the possibility to cause surprises and, despite the statute of the club, this survival of Deportivo has surprised many! Form wasn't exactly great lately.

We were 30 mins with 11 vs 11, 90 mins with 10 vs 11 and managed to score 2 goals AND to keep a clean sheet AND to win on penalties. Without a doubt a HEROIC PERFORMANCE!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 14:47   #96
nlkonneh

nlkonneh is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to nlkonneh Send a message via Yahoo to nlkonneh Send a message via Skype™ to nlkonneh

I was working, and when i got home i even forgot depor had a game in the afternoon co's i was so tire. When i remembered, i lunged for my laptop to check what the score was because i was so so so so nervous that depor may not have the will to score 3 goals to win, but i was not disappointed at all.
Good win, to the group stages we go...
Old 03-10-2008, 14:59   #97
CFD
Beginner

CFD is on a distinguished road

Congratulations everyone Im from Bergen,Norway and i watched the 2-0 game in Bergen just 3meters from the benches and must say that depor must have under underestimated Brann.

Im from another part of Norway and I despise Brann, but the thought of watching top European teams in Bergen was tempting, but nonteless I was hoping for Deportivo. (My team (Lillestrøm) played 1-1 against brann last week after having 60-65% possession)

Deportivo did a good game, but i think many people dont realize how bad Brann really played at Riazor yesterday. How many attacks did they have? How many successful passes did they make? Depor made them look really terrible, but the players lacked enthusiasm and the will to win. Azar Karardas was close at the end, but its the end result that counts.

PS: Only around 30% of the supporters of Brann belived in going through to the uefa cup even after the game in Bergen.

I would say that the referee was a quite fair to both teams. No penalties should have been awarded and depor could easily have gotten a few yellow cards for falling to easily. I still believe that depor could have held the 2-0 score with 9 men on the pitch as Brann really sucked last night.

PS: Offsides , what where some players thinking? Brann had a flat 4-4-2 (changed to 4-5-1 in the 2.nd half) and by holding the line they managed to prevent several goals in the game. I wonder why nobody of the players / coaches pick up on that and adjust their tactics.

Again , Congratulations for making it into the UEFA-cup this year You really deserved it.

Cheers!
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 15:13   #98
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Game review, good quality.

http://www.brann.no/tv/

I think Colotto's first goal was actually an own-goal

Wow, that was ... emotional, amazing, fantastic!!
Old 03-10-2008, 15:28   #99
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

The dream group for me would be:
Milan, Depor, Slavia, Dinamo, Lech

OK, now, one day after the game when I calmed down I can say a few words about it. First of all it was (is) fully deserved win for us. We completely deleted Brann, Depor showed that what we expected from a team that was behind. Brann didn't create any danger and to be honest I'm sure if Riki wasn't sent off we wouldn't need extra time and penalties. It could have end with 4:0 or even higher, but referee really wanted to see Norwegians in group stage. Fortunately Depor was strong enough to beat Brann and ref.

Who deserved more to advance? I have no idea, but surely Brann hadn't played as good is first leg as we played in second. We managed to win comfortably despite playing with one man less, that means something.

The thing that really pissed me off was attendance at Riazor. How on earth could 10,000 people celebrating our entering to European Cups on the pitch after last game of 2007/08 season and then don't care about matches? We really needed support, but the only sector that was full was RB end and still I believe it could have been much better. OK, I don't say I expect an atmosphere as it was in Poznań (Philip can confirm, magnificent, with only 27,000), I don't expect everyone to take his scarf, to wear the shirt, to sing during the game (even though it's not that hard, is it?) but they could at least come and support their club by sitting calmly. Seriously it's the thing that pisses me off much in supporting Depor - I can't believe how poor are fans in Spain. Believe me, if you come from country like Poland you won't ever understand how people can come to the game and watch it calmly, it's non-understandable. But every country is different...

Anyway, Europe - here we come!
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 15:39   #100
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess i understand that (of course not fully since i live in pea-sized Barbados with no professional league and one stadium)

for me im quite satisfied when we play at home to see a packed blues end. They are the ones to bring atmosphere to the game (as far as i can see from tv) and i love it when we attack that end, i just feel more confident that we are going to score.

I guess im just saying the attendance last night wasnt that disappointing to me. They were probably more flags than ppl at the blues end
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 16:53   #101
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

well, Michal, you should consider some facts. Poznan has a twice bigger population than A Coruna. Depor supporters used to big matches in the close past, so who cares about Brann (and maybe Uefa Cup)? For me La Liga is still much more important than UC. Also the weather was not perfect. And the combination ends up in a poor attendance.

But regularly Depor and Lech has the same amount of supporters 17-18,000 per liga matches.
Old 03-10-2008, 17:03   #102
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

As DepHun said, there are quite alot who don't really hold the Uefa Cup that highly and I'm sure there would have been quite a few who didn't go just because they didnt think we could go through.

Also, a lot of people don't finish work until 8 in the evening and the game was at 9. If you work in the city, then I guess you could just grab something to eat on the way to the stadium but if you work outside and need to go home and get changed, you're gonna be screwed because Coruna is geographically placed so that all the roads come from the south-south east, and they get really clogged up quickly and easily.

Of course, a real diehard fan would get there whatever the circumstances but these aren't the glory days and there just aren't as many diehards as there used to be.
Old 03-10-2008, 17:40   #103
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

Wow! I missed going to the gym coz i got home from work to see a 2-0 scoreline and extra time was imminent. There was just no way I was about to miss the way this turned out.
What can I say? This is the Depor I fell in love with, never say die attitude and rising to the occasion when the odds are against them. If I wasn't on-call this week, i'd have been pretty drunk after the match last night.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 19:06   #104
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
well, Michal, you should consider some facts. Poznan has a twice bigger population than A Coruna. Depor supporters used to big matches in the close past, so who cares about Brann (and maybe Uefa Cup)? For me La Liga is still much more important than UC. Also the weather was not perfect. And the combination ends up in a poor attendance.

But regularly Depor and Lech has the same amount of supporters 17-18,000 per liga matches.
Firstly - ok, Poznań has about 570 000 inhabitants, La Coruna about 270 000. That's big difference, but still:
- there were 27,000 people at Bułgarska, their stadium will be expanded to 46,000 (due to EURO) and I'm sure if it was that big yesterday it would be full too (Lech sold 11,000 tickets in one hour!)
- there were only 12,000 people at Riazor and we're talking about average Spanish team
- Lech was behind as well (they lost first game 1:2)
- both rivals were not that interesting (Brann - Austria Vienna)
- Match in Poznań started over 2 hours before ours game

These are just few arguments saying why Poznań publicity is much better. I know we used to play big European games, but it was 4 years ago and I think everyone is La Coruna know it won't happen that fast again, but still they don't care about UEFA Cup. I don't understand it.

And sorry Rik, but your arguments don't persuade me. Do you really believe that any of us that were here yesterday during the game would care about weather, traffic jams or any other meaningless circumstances like that? I'm sure not.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 19:14   #105
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

For Lech, it's incredible to be in Uefa. A lot of Depor fans were used to CL, so well, it's understandable. Also, there's a huge difference between losing the first leg 2-1 against a crap team (cause that's what Austria is nowadays), and 2-0 against a team that completely blowed us away in the first leg. When Zulte Waregem played Lokomotiv Moskva two years ago, we also more than doubled the usual amount of spectators, while Loko played in an almost empty stadium. Uefa for a little Belgian/Polish team is different.

I'm sure if we manage to get further in the tournament, we'll be playing for nearly a full house. If we reach the 1/16 finals, I'm certain it will be the case. Lech's chances of advancing are very little (unless they pull a Waregem and wind up in a group with two crapteams Unfortunately, the pots seem stronger than two years ago), so they should enjoy it while it lasts. Depor is aspiring to more than that.

And also, about the "traffic jam" stuff. Face it, we're young here. If you went to work all day and have to go through all that crap just to get into the stadium, while on top of that having to pay for expensive tickets against a small team that was very likely going to beat our asses out of the Uefa Cup, it's normal to think twice.

Last edited by deporiginal : 03-10-2008 at 19:17.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote