Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 13-03-2015, 11:46   #226
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in favour stadiums being child/family friendly and a safe place to go.
But if the LFP carries on with these measures, the stadiums in Spain are gonna become like the Bernabeau and the Emirates, where the atmosphere is muted.
Having an intimidating stadium for the big clubs to visit used to be and still is one of our strengths.
Old 13-03-2015, 13:37   #227
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

The LFP are an absolute joke. Basically their tarring everyone with the same brush, of course you'll get the odd idiot among the differing ultra groups but remove them and you'll be left with soulless stadiums. I've been among them on a few occasions and I find the LFP's stance on this as ridiculous. Atletico's fans were the guilty ones here.........so everyone gets punished.....
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 14:57   #228
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg

LFP measures affect to many fan groups of Primera and Segunda teams, another thing is that sickening La Voz focus only in RB... As I said before in this forum, they still in a crusade against RB and manipulate the information according to their interest, as usual.

El Pais titled: "Forbidden to go with umbrella to stadiums"
http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...31_921780.html

A Praza titled: "LFP forbids political, social and reivindicative messages at football stadiums"
http://praza.gal/deportes/9001/a-lfp...pos-de-futbol/

La Voz just preferred to titled: "La Liga make illegal Riazor Blues"

What happened is Tebas' LFP approved new measures against ultras groups in the stadiums. Those groups not registered officially by the clubs in a list won't be allowed to enter in the stadiums. And neither scarves, shirts or anything with the name of those groups. Even sing that name/s at the stadiums is now forbidden, or any song containing that word/s in some part.

Also, no political, social or reivindicative messages allowed at the stadiums. The only cheers and chants allowed are to support the club. Also, if any "legal" Peña wants to show a banner in the stadium must ask permission to the club, then the club communicate with a security coordinator, and if LFP ask for any information, it must be submitted at least 48 hours before its "exhibition".

Among other measures, now you can not enter in a LFP stadium with things like: of course, not drums, megaphones, etc... but neither with a classic umbrella , a roll of toilet paper, a tennis ball, a golf ball... (Only folding umbrellas allowed, which in a windy and rainy town like A Coruña can be a joke)

Those are some of the pathetic measures approved by Tebas, a well known fascist, who also has said that, if it depended on him, the Copa Final (Barcelona v Athletic) would be suspended if the King or the Spanish anthem were whistled by the fans at the stadium... Fortunately Copa is organized by FEF, not LFP, so Tebas can't do nothing, and specially when Villar, president of the FEF, doesn't like Tebas very much.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 15:45   #229
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

While, as Kalman had said in some previous post, such measures are destined to fail at countries with shit football (like Hungary) where ultras groups are huge part of the people going to stadiums, where football is financially a huge product, such measures can be proved successful (financially speaking).

The English example is well known to everyone, i just point out the PSG example, where at a league that there is not a massive invasion of all those modern football techniques (party keeps going on nice at home games of Racing Lens and AS Saint Etienne for example) a sole club (PSG) decided to change identity within a very short period and succeeded, so now they play all home games sold out with more expensive tickets (and a different audience to follows them)

La Liga in most of the cases have the luxury to do this.
Atletico and Valencia, can kick out their fans and fill their stadium with tourists at double price, i think.
Why not doing that?

Deportivo is another case, thanx to the size of city and geographical limitation (its not next to Madrid for example). On the other hand i don't know if the current monthly salary at the city of Coruna is 3.000e per month (is it?) to support the increase of ticket prices that follows the improvement of the product (football).
So i don't know whether this "modernization" of the game can succeed at Coruna, but i'm afraid it can.

Last edited by ggeorg : 13-03-2015 at 15:48.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 19:06   #230
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

nothing new for me in this. as a supporter I grew-up in this. we can't take umbrellas to stadiums, Yorgos very much experienced this 4 years ago. I was asking here on forum before my first trip to Depor games, that I can really take in any kind of banners to stadiums, before I presented it to Tebas or precessedor in Madrid, the police, the fire-fighters, the Royal Army and the local mayor at the away game. And local security guards. So guys no more forum banners then... (In sabadell the catalan police did not let me to put it out back in 2012 Feb). Of course I am gonna put it out next time and never go again for a game.

I can once again speak from the experience I have: the FA and business-mentality club-presis don't give a damn about local audiance and ticket-prices and even ticket-incomes. the only thing counts the TV fees. If Depor loses 5000 people per season from the stands it is 1,5-2 million EUR maybe? The TV income of 18-20 million compensates that. Monaco play in an empty stadium, and they don't care.
Old 15-03-2015, 09:45   #231
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Madrid and Atltico are excluded from the new rules, same goes for Basque teams and Barcelona
Old 22-03-2015, 15:21   #232
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

where were those loud and ethusiastic people today early afternoon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
That's precisely where I think you're wrong. What made our atmosphere so great in recent years, especially the first Segunda season under Oltra and the Primera campaign after that, was that the whole stadium was loud and supporting the team. You could see everyone on these "tourist" seats jumping up and down, applauding, singing. THAT is what made the difference in terms of atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
No, they are not the club, they're a small minority group of people who are either violent or condone violence and pretty much claim ownership of the whole club. So now that they're thrown out they're willing to pull down the club with them, dividing the fanbase with the help of the federation of peñas, sending their chanting friends into the stadium in order to get Tino out of office and themselves back into the stadium. The fact that we're most likely going to get relegated because of it doesn't stop them. If they actually gave a shit about this club they'd backed down at least for now, but like most ultras they're more about self glorification than actual support.

Simply disgusting. And it pains me to see that no one here except Deporiginal sees them for what the filth they really are. If we cease to exist in three years time it's just because a couple of morons wanted to keep playing war.

EDIT: Thanks Carlos for being a voice of reason once again.
welcome Aldo in the world without the Riazor Blues. how have you enjoyed the athmo?
Old 23-03-2015, 20:40   #233
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course the stadium will be quiet if you suddenly completey take out the stand where the "noisy" people are, leaving it empty.

If the Riazor Blues were to disappear, the tickets for the stand behind the goal would go to other people next season, and the atmosphere would improve again.

In any case, I found their absence amusing. I was mainly focused on what happened on the pitch, something these "die-hard" fans don't really care about.
Old 23-03-2015, 23:24   #234
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I neither like the spoiled RB, but I think yesterday they did the right thing.

The club was going to allow them to go in and display their banners, I even heard in a radio that the club was open to pay the fine for allowing this, but the police (ordered by the higher council of sports and the LFP) didn’t allow the banners, so they decided to stay out.

I think it’s ridiculous to ban a simple signboard or scarf saying “Riazor Blues” or even “Vigo No”
Just as ridiculous as to ban an umbrella, so does my grandma should get wet in the rain because the police fear she could attack Riera the next time he misses an open goal?
Nobody has died inside a stadium and they are acting like it’s a war zone.
Old 24-03-2015, 16:53   #235
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
I neither like the spoiled RB, but I think yesterday they did the right thing.

The club was going to allow them to go in and display their banners, I even heard in a radio that the club was open to pay the fine for allowing this, but the police (ordered by the higher council of sports and the LFP) didn’t allow the banners, so they decided to stay out.

I think it’s ridiculous to ban a simple signboard or scarf saying “Riazor Blues” or even “Vigo No”
Just as ridiculous as to ban an umbrella, so does my grandma should get wet in the rain because the police fear she could attack Riera the next time he misses an open goal?
Nobody has died inside a stadium and they are acting like it’s a war zone.

bottles, cans and glass makes very sense. but and umbrella ! should at least be allowed for children and geezers.

our stands need the Riazor blues like it or don't. how can you motivate the team without a pena. Seriously !
Old 25-03-2015, 19:23   #236
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
If the Riazor Blues were to disappear, the tickets for the stand behind the goal would go to other people next season, and the atmosphere would improve again.
I have to repeat myself: where were those loud and passionate people, who would step in the place of RB, during the match against Espanyol? From where would they grow-out suddenly?

For the umbrella: I don't think they are gonna change the rule back. Here it is the same for a decade.

Btw: CR7 is also critisized for laughable things by the Liga and/or FA.
Old 25-03-2015, 21:10   #237
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine Deportivo without RB i thought its only about time to see them back. this fans were always one of the best groups in Spain always loud and after the team.
I remember when i visited the Riazor last year with my wife she said i liked the atmosphere & the singing. now after RB this will disappear
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 03:18   #238
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peña Member

Statement from the Federation of Peñas published this wednesday: http://www.riazor.org/comunicado-de-...del-deportivo/

"In these hard moments, we the Federation of Peñas can be proud to be one of the most united groups without a doubt, and in our last meeting we noticed among the Peñas an unanimous feeling of union and strength without any kind of discrepancy. Hoping that the brave messengers respect the decision of the collective.

We the Peñas want to express our indignation with the social fracture created by the Board of Directors of Deportivo, after the fateful day November 30th. Neither the Peñas or any deportivista have to pay the consequences of that tragic event.

We the Peñas think the Board of Directors failed and didn't rise the occasion, and also contributed with their silence, and sometimes with their lies, to put the focus on our people.

We think that once and for all, the President of RCD Constantino Fernández Pico, must defend loud and clear deportivismo in Madrid. Our fans have been awarded by LFP and Fans Association in 2 from the last 3 years as the best fans of Spain, being this recognition an achievement accomplished by all of us: Peñas, Blues, socios, shareholders, fans in general.. we all form Deportivo.

In life, not everything is acceptable, and more important than football are the persons, we think the union involves/requires respect, including also to Jimmy.

We the Peñas conclude the meeting manifesting that: we must act with responsability and feeling of unity, the deportivista labour made by Riazor Blues must be valued and the Board of Directors must act with humility, must come out to show their faces, the great managers/presidents are to show/appear in the bad times, to be of the winners is too easy...

We hope this week stopping in La Liga to be useful to all of us to think for the benefit of our beloved Club, and from next week each and everyone of us give it all for DEPOR, knowing that the beginning of everything goes through RESPECT and thus,

FORZA DEPOR."
Old 28-03-2015, 21:39   #239
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

There's also a statement from RB, but once again its a jpeg, so can't use Google translate.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 23:35   #240
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
There's also a statement from RB, but once again its a jpeg, so can't use Google translate.
Here's the translation:

Riazor Blues want to make public to all members, sympathizers and deportivistas in general, what happened in the surroundings of Riazor this last sunday March 22nd:

1. Before the beginning of the match R.C. Deportivo vs Espanyol, in the streets surrounding Riazor there were 3 banners with the following theme: "Tebas No, Ultras Sí" and "Tebas No, Fútbol Sí", which the police proceeded to withdraw. We don't know what law were infringing those banners to make the public officials bother to do that. Furthermore, it was also taken away from the hands of a member of our group another banner with the same theme, saying the public officials to this person the following words: "give me the banner or you'll be fined".

2. When we wanted to get into the stadium, the people who carried the banner "Riazor Blues" and another one in memory of our murdered friend Jimmy, with the slogan "Jimmy Vive", were cornered by the police, while asking them for their identity documents. It's in this moment when one of the policemen said: "Now you're going to tell me what happened in Madrid. What happened in Madrid?...", in ironic and mocking tone, looking for provocation.

After some minutes, they authorize the entry, not without multiple problems, of the banner with the name of the group, but prohibit the one that had written "Jimmy Vive". It's in this moment when the group decide to leave the stand and get out of the stadium. No members of the group stayed in the stadium, we all went out. We clarify this because of some interested info reflected in some media, that are able to say that only a minor part of people joined the protest. You only have to watch the pictures to see the evidence. Meanwhile, other media also affirmed that we had stayed in the corners of Marathon Inferior singing against the board of directors of the club, something totally false because none of us stayed inside the stadium. Not all the people there in Marathon Inferior are Riazor Blues members, and of course, not all people who shout against the board of directors are members of the group.

Now we'll try to explain, according to law, the unjustice of what happened last sunday, and also to make people meditate about the "info" given to society by different local media, like press, radio and TV; maybe because of their ignorance, or maybe because they are told about what they have to say, this last is much more serious, but sadly true. Before any match, even more now, and even much more at Riazor, the police have a previous meeting with the security chief of the club, and among them they agree and talk what they are going to allow to pass and what not, so nothing of what happens later in the day of the match is left to chance, everything is talked and agreed, so everyone knows what's going to happen.

We also want to clarify that in one hand is the "Law for sport" and in other hand the letters/articles that LFP send to the clubs, in this case the famous article 20 of season 2014/15. We also clarify that the people responsible for ensuring compliance with the law are the public officials, and the people responsible for ensuring compliance with the letters/articles sent by LFP are the clubs. Law 19/2007 of July, in point 1 of article 28 "Effectiveness of legal obligations" states the following about it:

"To ensure compliance with legal obligations, organizers will provide staff and appropriate means to prevent the introduction or possession in the stadium of banners, symbols, emblems or slogans that involve incitement to violence, racism, xenophobia or intolerance". Neither our banner with the slogan "Riazor Blues", nor the other one with the slogan "Jimmy Vive", involve incitement to violence, racism, xenophobia or intolerance, so there is no reason why we can not enter them into the stadium.

The police officers in the stadium exceeded their functions, the police is to enforce the law, not to act like thugs under the protection of their public charge and to enforce internal regulations of private entities.
With all this, we have no other option than thinking that it's the club together with the police chief who gave the order to not allow to enter Jimmy's banner in the stadium. That banner did not violate any applicable laws, so it's not for the police to prohibit its access.

Under what interest or according to what orders they acted? It is very easy to wash their hands and hide behind that was only and exclusively the police the author of this decision, while cops are doing for them the dirty work previously agreed and they just look to other way. The silence that followed this event, and not show disagreement with this action, does nothing but confirm the foregoing. The board of directors of R.C. Deportivo have nothing to say when the police inside the stadium of Riazor, the home of all deportivistas, exceed their functions and does not allow the memory of a murdered fan happens.

In other stadiums in similar situations this does not happen. Real Sociedad and their fans have remembered Aitor Zabaleta during all these years, and logically everyone understand it and it seems normal, even necessary. Athletic Club fans have done the same with Iñigo Cabacas, Athletic fan who the police killed by a shot with a rubber ball (so far and after two years there is no blame/guilty, why is that....). In fact, there is a stand of animation that takes his name in the new San Mamés, and all days he is remembered and and paid tribute, including the last match. That is 2 clubs who defend their fans. Here that doesn't happen, moreover, some media and some deportivista (carried away by those media) defend the position that we have no right to remember a murdered deportivista, that we must dedicate ourselves to cheer Depor, that the 3 points against Espanyol are very important and that we must stop nonsense. Incredible, but sadly true.

It's because all this that we decided to leave the stadium. They can not forbid us to honor the memory of our murdered friend in the place we consider our home, where most of us knew him and where we shared many moments together. Our crime is to remember him and have him present in our memory, our offense is not forget him, nor want him to be forgotten and demand justice. We will not betray him, we will not abandon him to watch a football game while our rights are trampled. We are not bootlickers of "Madrid", we have dignity, pride and values that we will not ignore.

On the other hand, about to be completed four months of the murder of Jimmy, with the open secret summary and more than four thousand pages that collect everything that happened that morning, we are still waiting for the board of directors in full to step forward to apologize to all deportivistas that were involved in this event. A few hours after the incidents in the proximity of the Calderón, and without any proven information, and, of course, without communicate in any time with the deportivistas who were there, he judged us and condemned us; wandering around all media that came to pass, criminalizing us and blaming us for what happened there.

It's also completely false that Constantino Fernandez also has contacted Riazor Blues to approach postures and open the way to dialogue, as this guy had the face to say a few weeks ago. He has lied again. We thank the federation of peñas the support shown by the statement recently published, and we thank again the love and support shown by all those peñas and anonymous deportivistas that have not left us alone in these hard times, walking beside us this difficult path.

Only one force!

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 29-03-2015 at 02:26.