Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 29-12-2008, 21:52   #1
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk
Default La Liga de Filiales

Roughly translated the Reserves league.
As from next September in Spain there will be a reserves league for the top 2 divisions.
The players must be between 16 and 23 years old and you can have a maximum of 5 foreign players and only 5 over 21 players.
I must point out that NO official confirmation has been given to the exact format, but it points to the following
3 groups of 14 teams based on geographical closeness
this phase will consist of only 1 game and the top 5 plus best 6th team going forward to the next phase.
This phase 'superliga' will consist of 16 teams that will play home and away to decide the league winner.
The losing teams from the 1st phase will play their own league where the top 8 teams will play with the top 8 teams of the 'superliga' for the cup.

Right after saying all the above (Translated from riazor.org) it turns out that Villar the league president has said that there are no plans for the reserve league, so we shall wait and see what really happens!!!!

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 21:57   #2
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the fabril teams?? This seems too confusing. If you Feli understood, or anyone else, could pls give a brief example, what a reserve deportivo team could be constituted of?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 22:00   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I didn't want to open an issue or to publish any news in the news section because things are confussing right now.

The original idea is to have the same case than in England: a league for reserves in which the injured players of the first squad could return to gain form, our squad would be composed by players between 16 and 23, and would compete with other Primera and Segunda squads (B squads).

But nothing is official yet, the big question is what will happen with all the promotions and relegations between Segunda, Segunda B and Tercera.
Old 29-12-2008, 22:39   #4
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

This makes sense to me!!

Having the likes the Sevilla B in the segunda playing proper teams such as Real Zaragoza and Cadiz is pointless. Having a reserves league I feel will benefit the younger players who will be up against guys who they will likely face in years to come.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2008, 23:06   #5
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile_Dundee
This makes sense to me!!

Having the likes the Sevilla B in the segunda playing proper teams such as Real Zaragoza and Cadiz is pointless. Having a reserves league I feel will benefit the younger players who will be up against guys who they will likely face in years to come.

I feel quite the opposite. Having those fabril players to play in a "real" league, like the segunda, or segunda b, against players of various quality and experience benefits them a lot. It would be good to have a statistic, whether in la liga or in EPL, more Fabril players get promoted in the first teams. I think it's in la liga.

Anw, this liga de filiales, as far as i understood, doesn't mean that the fabril teams won't play any longer in the divisions that they play atm.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 16:33   #6
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

It could be a good chance of the youth to play more, beside playing for Fabril.
Old 02-01-2009, 16:40   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Yes, but it will be a mess for other professional clubs at Segunda B and Tercera. I don't think it will be resolved before the start of next season.
Old 02-01-2009, 16:59   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile_Dundee
This makes sense to me!!

I agree with ggeorg. Leagues like that often lead to 10-0 defeats. There are big differences between the B-squads of big teams and the B-squads of little teams.

Sevilla B for example are where they deserve to be. And they'll get a lot more experience by playing Zaragoza and Cadiz than by playing Numancia B or something. Those B-leagues are leagues no one frankly cares about. Playing in the real second or third division feels real, and a lot less useless. It's a better motivation.