Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 14-10-2013, 15:42   #301
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
So congrats Greg for winning the group, and winning in both Zágreb and Beograd. I would have never thought it. But I don't rate Belgium team that high as others, I would say Italia is surely better than you, Netherlands and France (hated by their own supporters) as well, Russia and Portugal maybe.
I think Belgium is being overrated as well now. People are looking at talents like Hazard, Fellaini and Lukaku, but they forget that all these players are still very young and inexperienced, and also the fact that our wingbacks are pretty problematic. That's a very serious weak spot.

I completely disagree about France though. We've been clearly superior to them twice in the past two years, when we played them, both home and away. I think Italy is indeed still better than us. The Netherlands is about the same level. They've got some very problematic positions that can certainly be taken advantage of. Which we already did in a friendly last year (4-2). It's just a friendly, but it does give you a good idea.

One thing that slightly bugs me though. When the draw was made, everyone was saying how tough group A was. Even here on the forum, everyone was saying it, just look back to the first page. And now, a year later, when Belgium has won the group with 25 points out of 27, winning all 5 away games (with a goal average of 10 to 1), suddenly people are saying how easy our group was... I think that's a little unfair. As you say, who would've thought this would have gone so well? The fact is that we didn't have any mini-country in our group. In other groups, the team from pot 6 is San Marino. In ours, the team from pot 6 has Gareth Bale in its starting eleven.

Anyway, we simply HAVE to get past the group stage now. After that, we'll see what happens. If you have to play Brazil in the 1/8 finals, it'll be more difficult to reach the quarters than when you face Switzerland instead, of course. There are plenty of teams stronger than Belgium, but I do believe we stand a reasonable chance against everyone. The group is still young. By 2018, I honestly believe our goal should be the semi-finals. Now, let's just enjoy the first big tournament we've been in since 2002

The funny thing is that Dutch people have always generally supported Belgium. That's certainly not the case the other way around though. But ever since Belgium has beaten them 4-2, and especially now that we're past them in the Fifa ranking, most Dutch people have actually turned against us For the first time in history, I'm kinda enjoying the jealousy On the other hand, I get the impression that Belgium will be a very popular team in the World Cup. The amount of French people supporting us is staggering, for example. I think we've become the official "main" underdog for the World Cup, which is nice It seems like a lot of neutral fans will be on our side.

Last edited by deporiginal : 14-10-2013 at 15:47.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 00:06   #302
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

I can't believe Uruguay lost against Ecuador..!!!!! they are currently number 5 which means they will play against us (Jordan) & the winner will go to Brazil.
i will try to be optimistic & say our chances is not more than 5% to win against a team like Uruguay
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 09:15   #303
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
It seems like a lot of neutral fans will be on our side.
not me of course! OK, against Germany and England you can count even with me on your side.

Your group was very tough really, with Wales from Pot 6, the thing is that Srbija and Hrvatska both under-achieved, or maybe reached their realistic level.

If someone is interested in the African continent:
Ivory Coast took the lead with an early penalty goal of Drogba, and an own-goal of Senegal, later Kalou scored as well, but in the injury time (96th min) Papiss Demba Cissé scored an important away goal: IC-Senegal 3-1

Ethiopia took the lead against Nigeria at home, but Emenike from Fener scored twice, the winner was an injury time penalty: Ethiopia-Nigeria 1-2

Tunisia-Cameroon 0-0 Eto'o is back to the NT

Burkina Faso took the lead twice (Pitroipa with a first half injury-time goal), Algeria equalised twiced (once Feghouli), but BF won with a late penalty: BF-Algeria 3-2. Still do-able for Algeria.

Today it is gonna be a tough Ghana-Egypt first leg, all the second legs to be played in mid Nov.

Honduras made a huge step towards the WC with beating Costa Rica, now they need a draw away at last placed Jamaica.

Well, Ahmad, you can still avoid Uru, as if they heavily beat Argentina at home, they can overtake the loser of Chile-Ecuador. But if the later match is a friendly 0-0, then it is Uruguay anyway.
Old 15-10-2013, 09:20   #304
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

meeting Uruguay is better at this time than meeting Chile and Ecuador. The last two teams play a better football these days.
Old 15-10-2013, 10:55   #305
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

I won't make it till tonight.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 11:27   #306
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read that some 10.000 Bosnians will travel...the stadium has a 6-7k capacity
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 11:33   #307
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Yeah, something like that. There were around 9000 of us in Zilina against Slovakia. More than a half of stadium was in blue-yellow. Skrtel said after the match that he was confused, did not know whether he was playing at home or an away stadium

I am reading that you are offering 50.000 Euros to each Lithuanian if they stop us.
Old 15-10-2013, 11:45   #308
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
I am reading that you are offering 50.000 Euros to each Lithuanian if they stop us.

May offer them 50M, they can't learn football within a day

Anw, if Greece gets the first spot at that group, that will be an insult to football, and of cource Bosnia should blame only themselves
Old 15-10-2013, 11:51   #309
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Agree with everything you said. We have had everything in our hands since the first group match.

Tell me, are people in Greece sick of your binary code results (100101010010101001010)?
Old 15-10-2013, 12:09   #310
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Tell me, are people in Greece sick of your binary code results (100101010010101001010)?

Sick of it?

Binary code produced a Euro cup at 2004
Old 15-10-2013, 13:54   #311
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
meeting Uruguay is better at this time than meeting Chile and Ecuador. The last two teams play a better football these days.

to be honest i don't think we have a chance against any of them, but lets see what will happen tonight.
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 15:35   #312
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Do Chile and Ecuador need to draw for them both to go to WC? I might have a bet on that result so...
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 16:10   #313
Norde

Norde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Sick of it?

Binary code produced a Euro cup at 2004

I personally am sick of binary! I am so sick of it, that I posted after 2 years of absence, just to declare my sickness

(Hello gents, it's been a long time!)
Old 15-10-2013, 18:09   #314
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norde
I personally am sick of binary! I am so sick of it, that I posted after 2 years of absence, just to declare my sickness

(Hello gents, it's been a long time!)
You guys win a European Cup and you're still complaining!

Poor Philip is probably dying of stress right now, with Greece 1-0 up ( ), and Bosnia still 0-0.

Last edited by deporiginal : 15-10-2013 at 18:22.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 18:33   #315
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norde
Hello gents, it's been a long time!

Hey mate!!! good to see you around