Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera Divisiķn, Segunda Divisiķn A, Segunda Divisiķn B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 15-06-2016, 15:40   #31
Diligent
Veteran

Peņa Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
He has a short memory. Greece weren't exactly a free flowing attacking force but they managed to beat Portugal, not once but TWICE on their way to winning the Euros IN PORTUGAL !!!

Iceland has a population of approximately 300,000, while that idiot has 43 million followers on Twitter.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 22:25   #32
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Ukraine became the first team eliminated from these Euros after Germany and Poland drew 0-0 tonight.

Ukraine can catch N.Ireland if they beat Poland and Germany beat N.Ireland but Irish win today would mean they have the better head to head record anyway.
Old 16-06-2016, 22:56   #33
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peņa Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
Iceland has a population of approximately 300,000

And about 27,000 of them are in France following their team, which means the 8% of the population. Amazing!

It's being a quite strange and unexpected Euro so far (though I'm enjoying it). Lot of surprises, games highly disputed, very close results, few goals and most of them in the last minutes.

Some statistics I've been looking about the players taking part in this Euro to find out in which top league/country they play:

Players from French Ligue One: 17
Players from Spanish La Liga: 35
Players from Italian Serie A: 57
Players from German Bundesliga: 65
Players from English Premier League: 138

In this Euro, 25% of the players are from EPL, showing clearly which is the most important and attractive league in the world right now.

Probably DepHun will reply soon refuting this and defending that La Liga still being the best...
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 13:42   #34
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Probably DepHun will reply soon refuting this and defending that La Liga still being the best...
I just opened the site and then this I did not see any of the EPL players in the most recent CL finals. Some Beatles-folks showed-up in the EL final, but Biris Norte destroyed them easily.

For your nrs (and this is gonna be tough for you): if Galiza, Catalunya and Pais Vasco could represent itself with a national team beside Spain, Primera Liga would easily equal that EPL nr.
Old 17-06-2016, 14:04   #35
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

If you take out Barca and R.Madrid, you could argue that no-one else has the same financial clout that the EPL clubs have.

The biggest draw to players in the EPL is in my opinion; MONEY.
Old 17-06-2016, 23:08   #36
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peņa Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I just opened the site and then this I did not see any of the EPL players in the most recent CL finals. Some Beatles-folks showed-up in the EL final, but Biris Norte destroyed them easily.

For your nrs (and this is gonna be tough for you): if Galiza, Catalunya and Pais Vasco could represent itself with a national team beside Spain, Primera Liga would easily equal that EPL nr.

Oh, that would be great, and the numbers would be much better!

Anyway I was just kidding. Don't ask me why but I thought in you immediately when I read the article: http://eplindex.com/76798/a-quarter-...m-the-epl.html

The reason is obvious, the best players go where the MONEY is, like it's always been (since modern football) and will always be. In the late 80's and first 90's the money in football was in Italy, and Serie A was the most important league. Since the mid 90's until the mid 00's the money in football was in Spain, and La Liga became the most important league. Nowadays (and since a few years ago) the money is in England, so the best players go there and it's only a matter of time that EPL becomes the most important league in the world (if it isn't already).

By the way, and back to the Euro competition, I'm really happy that the Mighty Magyars are back, and I've just bought Balázs Dzsudzsák for my Fantasy team in the RCDLCcom league. I didn't know him, but I read somewhere in this forum that he's able to score from free kicks even from Mars, so I signed him this week and will be tomorrow cheering for Hungary and hoping Dzsudzsák can bring me some good points. A clean sheet, a goal and an assist would be very kind of him.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 17-06-2016 at 23:10.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 17:31   #37
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
By the way, and back to the Euro competition, I'm really happy that the Mighty Magyars are back, and I've just bought Balázs Dzsudzsák for my Fantasy team in the RCDLCcom league. I didn't know him, but I read somewhere in this forum that he's able to score from free kicks even from Mars, so I signed him this week and will be tomorrow cheering for Hungary and hoping Dzsudzsák can bring me some good points. A clean sheet, a goal and an assist would be very kind of him.
around the time, when Guardado left us, Dzsudzsi was linked to us (I mean Depor). I said huge noooooooooo of course. absolute off-topic: has someone seen crazy Guardado's more crazy faults against Chile?
poor you, nothing from him. Easily Adam Nagy is the best in the Hun team, the Hun youngster might go to Benfica (or to Braga). Btw his price is 1,5M EUR, if Tino reads us.

back to Nrs: as Northern Ireland and Wales is there at this tournament I donno after how many years, and just like Rep Ireland's all players, their full squads play in the English league system, of course EPL gives the most players to this tournament.

just for kidding: I heard, that Konoplyanka said, that if he was 2 meters tall and could not play the game, he would have surely gone to EPL. this way he chose La Liga. a legend for me.

I read nasty comments in English tabloid papers on Hun hooligans.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ds-stands.html
I would never deny the facts, I would like just to add, that maybe not all the 20.000 Hun people out there are like this. But nazio, sorry , nationalism is a huge problem here, and as I wrote it several times, it is very much inside in sports.
Old 20-06-2016, 18:39   #38
vink
Peņa Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.theguardian.com/football...o-2016-chelsea

I'll bet Lucas, among others, would have been happy to be there no matter what.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 17:22   #39
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

A thunderbolt from Zolton Gera puts Hungary in front.. It will be exciting to see them finish at the top of the group..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 19:01   #40
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

Best game of the tournament so far until the last 5-10 minutes. Ronaldo finally found his shooting boots but Hungary have really been the surprise team of this tournament.
Old 23-06-2016, 03:23   #41
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

https://twitter.com/rvkgrapevine

Not sure if this is Icelands Federations official twitter but its hilarious.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 09:49   #42
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

http://index.hu/sport/futball/2016/e...ak_golja_utan/

video
Old 25-06-2016, 16:02   #43
hari

Peņa Member

An amazing goal from shaqiri takes the game to the extra time.. That must be the goal of the tournament..
Old 25-06-2016, 16:32   #44
hari

Peņa Member

It is going to be penalties.. I hope Switzerland can pull this off based on their second half and extra time performance.. But Fabianski.. I have no idea why Arsenal let him go so easily..

Last edited by hari : 25-06-2016 at 16:35.
Old 25-06-2016, 21:50   #45
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Portugal is like Deportivo with all these draws
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote