Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:30   #961
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

Last free kick of sniejder during extra time reflected the arm of Spain player...but it wouldn't be corner kick?? and after that Spain scored!

If the dutch could have the corner, thing may not turn out like this

T-T
Old 12-07-2010, 05:28   #962
Riki

Riki is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Spain on World Cup win‎..spain have their best team ever now. so it's good they have won it.for them it was now or never..but tonight the luck was on spain's side...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:36   #963
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

happy to see Spain prevailing in the end of an ugly match.. disappointed to see two teams with such gud offensive forces playing bad football.. in the end the better team (or the least ugly of the two) won the match.. at least they didnt try to break anybody's ankles, knees or heart.. referee chose to ignore so many fouls or dirty tackles like the one by Sneijder or Busquets or a yellow on Puyol for trying to stop Robben.. no wonder even a serene guy like Iniesta shouldering Van Bommel onto the ground.. he was soo hard on Iniesta that anyone cud loose their cool.. anyway, i'm happy to see something new coming out of a WC.. too tired to see Brazil, Italy, France etc again and again.. congrats Spain and I got three predictions correct..
Old 12-07-2010, 08:21   #964
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Modern football.......
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40   #965
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

funny to read that Sneijder blame the bad referee crazy man!!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:34   #966
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think a world cup final should be consindered by the ref, as an ordinary league game, and start giving red cards, in every incindent that could be interpeted as a red card.
Webb was just fine, he showed enough yellow cards from the beginning, but the players didn't help him at all.
If everyone that could have been given a red card was off, the game would have been suspended.
The only one, that i think Webb was wrong, was the one of De Jong, that should definitely have been a red one.
If the players act like being in the kindergarten, kicking each other all over the place, the ref couldn't do miracles.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:03   #967
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

"Dear friends.

Well I've had a great time over the last few weeks. I managed to get myself an all expenses paid holiday to the South African World Cup.

So I took the opportunity to chill out, relax and just watch some guys play football...

Best of all though, at the end of it they even gave me a medal.

Chat soon.

F. Torres."
Old 12-07-2010, 10:19   #968
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

he is not fully fit and when he is, he is a very gud player (may be overrated, i dont know or care).. he showed a lot of gud things in the Euro 2008.. there are many characteristics which makes him a favourite to be hated, but we cant ignore his skills and shots..
Old 12-07-2010, 10:21   #969
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

relax, it's only a joke
Old 12-07-2010, 10:38   #970
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to spoil the party for the people who supported the Spanish team. Overall they did more in this match than the Dutch team to win it and had a more positive attitude.

And it's kind of difficult to have discussions between Dutch people and people who support from Spain from the heart, because people always tend to see things from a positive aspect from their side.

The funniest thing remains the frustration of Belgians here: it's a poor and sad attitude. I wish your team all the best and hopefully you make it into a tournament one day (it'll be difficult with Turkey and Germany), but you guys certainly never played attractive football ... ... Even N-Korea, Honduras and N-Zealand can make it! It remains just a game. And it's never good the be jealous.

So I say it again: the Dutch were pretty lucky with referees and ugly goals to reach the final. Van Bommel and De Jong could/should have been sent off for rough play. Now Rik calls it 'smart' when Iniesta dives and provokes a red card, as the Spanish were diving all final, like players as Robben have done all tournament. Again, it depends on the glasses you wear.

This tournament will go down into history because of the referee incidents and countries like Netherlands, Brazil and Spain who stepped down their offensive game. There's not a team in the world which plays attacking football anymore. Neither Germany, they invented a magnificent counterattacking system. Maybe Chile...

Spain were the luckiest with crucial decisions, with the Villa-incident against Honduras, the curious match against Paraguay, the offside goal against Portugal, the dubious decision with Iniesta's goal. But hey, that's football nowadays.

My point remains that this final got the referee it deserved: a very poor one who couldn't control the teams. And I'm not saying he was against the Dutch. He simply wasn't prepared for it... 14 yellow cards means you can't handle it.

Maybe it had to do with our friend Villar, who also didn't want to suspend Villa in the group phase for slapping an opponent??? It remains a dirty and dictorial organization, FIFA.

Last edited by Leon : 12-07-2010 at 10:49.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:01   #971
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Now Rik calls it 'smart' when Iniesta dives and provokes a red card, as the Spanish were diving all final, like players as Robben have done all tournament. Again, it depends on the glasses you wear.

It must depend on the glasses you wear Leon and I think you need to check your perscription lenses because I certainly never wrote anything like that.

As for diving, we must have a completely different understanding of that word. A dive for me, is when a player goes to the floor trying to gain an advantage when there is no contact/foul. A dive IS NOT when a player is fouled and makes the most of the situation, going down (sometimes annoyingly and embarrisingly theatrically) to try and attempt to get the CORRECT decision from a wavering ref.

Now I'm not saying that no-one dived for Spain but to say Spain were diving all through the game is totally off the mark and to paint them even as equally as the villains in this pantomime is an absolute joke imo.

I'm obviously biased and aware of it and in big games like this, I sometimes go and read websites from neutral countries for a far more neutral point of view, which usually tells me if my viewpoints are valid or just fuelled from an overexhuberence of passion for my team. I'd suggest anyone complaining about the Dutch being hard done by does exactly that.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:50   #972
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Then we have a different opinion, because a dive IMO means going down on purpose whether there's physical contact or not... 8-)....

I wonder how you have come up with your definition that a player can provoke a "correct" decision by the referee with a dive. If Heitinga slightly puts a hand on Iniesta's shoulder and he drops down like his heart has stopped pumping, that's faking an not fair play IMO. And before the pro-Spanish writers explode: Yes, the Dutch have become masters of this trick too. The Germans were trying it several times against the Spanish, especially during the final 15 mins.

The Germans have their own word for it: Schwalbe, to go down like a dying Swan. With the slighest contact, a player goes down with a lot of theatre. Of course, a player going down and who doesn't have that intention won't fall down as players like Roben and Iniesta do. Rik, if you admit that the Spanish players were diving but in the same sentence, you downgrade it, it sums it up for me. You probably don't think it's worth mentioning.

The world must have been very disappointed with the final they saw. Oh yes, fortunately we can blame a team with villains here and glorify the heroes of the Spanish team....

Anyway, I've been too long at this Forum to think we can change each other opinions

I rest my case and repeat that IMO the best, or less worst, team in the World Cup has won. I could have glorified the Spanish team and because of it have made this a legendary final for the (Dutch) history books. But it was ugly and forgettable, as no one speaks of the 1990 or 1994 or 2002 finals anymore. In fact, World Cup finals have been very disappointing since 1986.

Last edited by Leon : 12-07-2010 at 11:57.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:04   #973
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

well, Leon, since 1988 I have been a Dutch-supporter. And it all went wrong in the Portugal-Holland WC match in 2006 for me. Can you remember? I don't like CRonaldo, but the killer Khalid Boulahrouz, who had some family tragedy back-then, kicked full of willingness CR in the calf or what , above his knee in 6th minute. That was a provocation, and it seemed he wanted to destroy his opponent. Playing style of Dutch? I thought, I don't support them any more. OF course the Lusitans went mad, and that match ended 4 red cards (2 by each side) if my memory serves me well. And I lost most of my nice feelings towards the Dutch. The Danes tried to play with an old and bad team on this tournament, it did not succeed, they got relegated, but even Poulsen did not play so dirty like Van Bommel. Confirm it or not, the fact is the Van Bommel is willingly makes brutal faults. And he is no-where near to be alone with that in the Duthc team. And he does it matches after matches tendenciously. Not like Felipe Melo, who lost his nerves for a moment. Van Bommel does this for years. this is his playing style, he does this with cool mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWCyZ...eature=related
Like Hari told, a team with Van Bommel cannot be loved, liked, not even appreciated.
But as I told you earlier, you could have played whatever nice, you would have lost, you are a small country, FIFA does not like us (small countries), so be calm.
Before the goal firstly Torres wanted to assist Iniesta, and at that moment the Catalan was on off-side... A deffender cleared the ball to Fabregas, but the lines-man should have waved, Webb should have whistled.

What I can say, that I wait for Van Bommel with cool mind in his style in Budapest for the EC qualifiers. And I am not alone

Carlos, that is Casillas's girl-friend.

Finally all this weak tournament is over, congrats to Spain, but now we are back to normal football, ETO goes to Kazahstan for EL qualifiers, that is the important..

Dive contra leg-breaking: As I told in other times, breaking a leg, or trying to break a leg is much more unsportmankind, than falling down...
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05   #974
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

De Jong and Van bommel should have been having a shower and watching the game from the stands at half time.
They are remaking the karate kid and De Jong has just been offered a part.
As for Van bommel he is a disgrace to any footballing team.
I am very,very disappointed with the Dutch and cannot believe that ANYONE who is dutch or supports Dutch football doesn't feel ashamed and horrified of the tactics and football they played yesterday.
To me Dutch football yesterday was no better than the dirty teams of south America of years gone by.
Saying all this if as a Dutch supporter you are happy with what you saw then fair enough.
Still the BEST team won, football won

Old 12-07-2010, 12:07   #975
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

world cup are more than just a final: it's a whole month vs 1 evening of football we must regard.
But yes i think this was by far the less appealing of all WC's. Forgettable the whole way. The only thing what brought a small shred of light on this WC was Maradona. It's the only what i will remember in 10 years after this grey WC. Just like Zidane's headbutt is the only thing i remember from 4 years ago...
Closed Thread