Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2004, 09:54   #1
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Varsh150783 is off the scale
Default Comparison between Man.United and Deportivo

I saw somewhere on this forum that many hate Man U...You know what they play some of the best soccer in England...All those who hate man u are arsenal or liverpool fans...

I dont even know why ppl support liverpool...They have won the most no of cups in england but thats it...now they play the most defensive soccer in the world....they are coached by the worst manager in the world...half the ppl werent even born when liverpool was doing well...

Arsenal its understandable-cos they have henry and now reyes and their manager is decent....

About drawing a similarity between Man U and Depor...both have been coached by two great coaches who both the team up through tough times into the limelight....

Man U a decade back were 14th...and first two seasons with ferguson they were 14th and 15th respectively....They werent a rich club then....Unlike barca liverpool and real madrid.....But fergusons luck combined with his tactical mind he brought them througha glorious era.....Now to the richest club in the world...I mean I can see no reason why one should hate them...The only difference between Man U and Depor is that they became rich cos they went public into the shares....Ferguson would have been sacked 15 years back if he didnt win the FA cup...but he did...

But to support liverpool urghhhh disgusts me...they hate man u cos they are liverpool supporters and they like liverpool cos they hate man u ...Brilliant reasons wouldnt you say.!!!!!
Old 31-01-2004, 11:04   #2
Mattias
Peņa Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't dislike Manchester Utd as a football team. They play nice technical football, have great individual talent, aren't defence oriented etc. But what I don't like is the attitude, like there's no other football club in the world besides them.

I'm not familiar with the Manchester Utd history so much but don't find a lot similar. Manchester is a big city with a lot of possibilities becoming the most popular club while Depor don't have that. If Manchester had had a Real Madrid in their league that time, it's unlikely that they'd dominate so much.
Old 31-01-2004, 11:40   #3
Ekholm
Veteran

Peņa Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

I don't dislike Man Utd as a team, I just hate Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. And that makes me want the whole team to fail.

Btw... I'm not an Arsenal-fan or a Liverpool-fan!

GO WOLVES!!
Old 31-01-2004, 16:30   #4
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

haha nice one Ekholm...actually apart from man u I like southampton..they are playing some decent soccer...

And about the roy keane and scholes I cant help but laugh cos they are the central midfield pair responsible for 10 or more titles...keane is a kaizer of man u defense...scholes is the wonderkid the fast and talented...of course you are welcome to say they are notorious by attitude but on the field and their soccer is brilliant....

Ne ways VIVA SUPERDEPOR.....welcome RUben Castro
Old 31-01-2004, 18:18   #5
alan partridge

alan partridge is off the scale

hmmmm sorry varsh, i'm going to have to rip you apart here

how dare you compare depor to manure. urgh, i need to spit.

the reason manure are so hated is because they are the most commercial of any football team in england. it is not down to their success. liverpool are a more succesful team than manure, but they were never as hated as manure are now. this is mostly due to the commercial activities of the club. this goes against how the majority of football fans in england think.

they are also hated because of the attitude of the first generation of ferguson's team, i.e. bruce, ince, keane etc. they were the worst bad losers. the second generation won some respect (particularly players like beckham, scholes, giggs etc) simply for being great footballers. however the original image of them as whiners will probably never go away, because, well they are!

and mattias says that if there had been a real madrid in the league at the time, its unlikely they would have dominated. much as it pains me to say this, manure have always been a massively well supported, big club. that is despite the fact they didn't win the league for, i can't remember, 27, 28? years. a long time anyway.

going back to varsh, you say you don't know why people like liverpool. well maybe you have never heard of kenny daglish, ian rush, john barnes, peter beardsley, terry mcdermott, alan hansen, graham souness etc etc you can't argue with 18 league titles and 4 european cups!

and going back to your comparison between manure and depor (errrr how could you?????) the only comparison you should be making is between depor and brighton and hove albion

blue and white stripes
seaside towns
250,000 populations
politically left leaning towns in traditonally right wing areas
the best places in england/spain
lots of seagull shit everywhere
Old 31-01-2004, 18:55   #6
Ivan
Almost Regular

Ivan is off the scale

Guys Deportivo La Coruna and Manchester United are my favourite teams.So don't compare them.I think both teams are great.I am very happy with that Manchester took Louis Saha.He did a great match today and I think that he was the man of the match.When Sir Alex Ferguson shouldn't subtituted him.And about this new guy at Deportivo Ruben.Does anyone watched any of his matches and is he good ?
Old 01-02-2004, 03:27   #7
alan partridge

alan partridge is off the scale

god i was drunk last night
Old 01-02-2004, 09:10   #8
Anonymous
Occasional Member

Anonymous is off the scale

u can't compare manu wiv depor

manu r the equivalent of real madrid

depor r the equivalent of leeds
Old 01-02-2004, 10:18   #9
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

i hate MANU .........because all the England based
TV channels always after them like dogs.........they behave as there is no way any team can play
like this stupid England teams......they are showing Real Madrid matches often because David Beckham
plays there..........

Infact........EPL is very bad leauge in sense of good
soccer.....
Spain is the best place for football........even teams
like Murcia can produce wonderful football......with almost no cash in hand compared to the rich EPL
teams.........

hate all the EPL teams...........
Old 01-02-2004, 10:57   #10
Navy

Navy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Navy

i dont like the way people play football in england
but i don't dislike them
i think it's normal for arsenal or liverpool fans to hate them
because MU is the obstacle to win the title
but i think MU is good
and also scholes is magnificent
Old 01-02-2004, 13:41   #11
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

There are different reasons why different people like different clubs. The dynamics of each league are different.

I do not think Depor has an "equivalent" in any other league, because we are in a class of our own.

My reasons for disliking ManU are similar to Alan Partridge's. Granted, they do have good players and achieve results. I tend to agree with Mattias that if the EPL had a Real Madrid in it, ManU wouldn't be who they are now.

The logic does not always work as varsh says. Not all ManU-dislikers are necessarily Arsenal or Liverpool fans. This invalid dichotomy is often a source of mistaken assumptions.
Old 01-02-2004, 14:13   #12
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Well mR. Patridge lemme ask you one thing...All the liverpool fans were not even born when liverpool at their top...You think when they started liking liverpool they went back and saw all those videos...and then went on to support liverpool.

You dont start supporting a team based on their very very early results.....You support them cos they are playing good soccer when you switch on the TV......

Man U were the best team around at the time I started following soccer...Liverpool were as weak as a college team.....And about the greats then I would be a supporter of Barcelona..they had the all time greats!!!! period...

Next about Publicity you have cash what do u do??

Buy players, buy their rights....You still have your Hard earned cash now what do yu do????
Put it in a bank and see the interest reach the peak of the bottle....Nooooo you dont!!...You use it in advertising...well guess what liverpool would have been great if they had done that I have no idea if they did....But looking at them now I assume they didnt....and Man U was clever....and one more thing Man U was the only team in prem league to achieve the treble....I think thats a very credible feat......
Its a well managed club...

Finally I agree depor is not the same class as man U since we are a league of our own...But sure enough the two teams that have achieved greta feats over the turn of last decade...I can only think of two!!! ---- Read up
Old 01-02-2004, 14:40   #13
Ekholm
Veteran

Peņa Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsh150783
haha nice one Ekholm...actually apart from man u I like southampton..they are playing some decent soccer...

And about the roy keane and scholes I cant help but laugh cos they are the central midfield pair responsible for 10 or more titles...keane is a kaizer of man u defense...scholes is the wonderkid the fast and talented...of course you are welcome to say they are notorious by attitude but on the field and their soccer is brilliant....

I don't like Keane and Scholes because of their brutal tackles.

When Keane wrote in his book that he ment to injure Alf Inge Haaland I lost all respect for him. He ment to destroy a footballers carreer and succeed. That's unbelievable... He should have been punished much harder!!
People who forgets to take a drugtest gets a 8-month suspension but a player who breaks legs and destroys lives on purpose don't get any suspension at all. Terrifying!!
Old 01-02-2004, 14:52   #14
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Haaland's one was some revenge....Then everybody should hate zizou you saw the foot on sergio's face it could have blinded him for life.....

There are so many factors in people and so many people you should hate....English football is rough...all they do is tackle...unlike spanish soccer which is pure skill....

zizou escaped without a yellow card...if he had blinded sergio you think they would have done ne thing....This is guy is so honest enough to actually admit it..Its revenge at a personal level. But I think all in all...Keane and scholes are one of the best midfield duo... I hate beckham..I have become a greater man u fan since beckham left..
Old 01-02-2004, 14:55   #15
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsh150783
Haaland's one was some revenge....Then everybody should hate zizou you saw the foot on sergio's face it could have blinded him for life.....

There are so many factors in people and so many people you should hate....English football is rough...all they do is tackle...unlike spanish soccer which is pure skill....

zizou escaped without a yellow card...if he had blinded sergio you think they would have done ne thing....This is guy is so honest enough to actually admit it..Its revenge at a personal level. But I think all in all...Keane and scholes are one of the best midfield duo... I hate beckham..I have become a greater man u fan since beckham left..
they are also hated because of the attitude of the first generation of ferguson's team, i.e. bruce, ince, keane etc. they were the worst bad losers. the second generation won some respect (particularly players like beckham, scholes, giggs etc) simply for being great footballers. however the original image of them as whiners will probably never go away, because, well they are ..

Well is ronaldo or zizou or figo or carlos without any publicity.. Everybody has it.....Real madrid always had publicity and advertising....half of it is even sponsored by the state....And when people like giggs get it its because they are soar losers??

Mind you alan but keane and scholes never had a huge image for their skill set.. Giggs and Beckham had the most..