Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 18:04   #586
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

rajacasa is off the scale

i thnik holland,brazil,argentina and england are the favourite

ivory coast will be the surprise of the wc like hippy said!
Old 10-10-2005, 18:06   #587
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
Following on from who can win it, can anyone tell me if they think anyone NOT on the list below has any chance of winning it???
Brazil
Argentina
England
Germany
France
Italy
Spain
Portugal

My answer to your question would have to be YES. I think Football has proved over the last few years that it's possible for unfancied teams to win things with Greece winning Euro2004 and Porto and Liverpool winning succesive Champions Leagues.
However, if you were asking which countries I'd put my own money on, I wouldn't bet outside Argentina,Brazil,Germany or Holland.

England have some great individuals but as a team, they are too inconsistant. Totally over rated in my opinion
Spain are exactly the same as England and they aren't even assured of being there.
France aren't the same team as they were and although they are are capable of turning in the odd very good performance, they lack the consistancy that they once had.
Italy are possibilities because like Germany, they always seem to improve as a tournament goes on. Probably have a better chance than the 3 above but I still wouldn't put money on them unless the odds were really good.
Portugal have a decent team but I think they're likely to choke if they get far. (a bit like Spain and England)

I don't rate the Americans or Mexicans too highly but one team who may cause a few surprises are the Ukraine. I don't think they'll win it but I wouldn't be surprised if they got through the group stages.

Whatever happens, I hope to see a few of you in the World Cup Fantasy Football Competition
Old 10-10-2005, 18:11   #588
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

It's remarkable how many of you rate Germany as a frontliner. They haven't impressed so far and I don't consider their playermaterial to anywhere near the likes of Brazil, Holland, France, Argentina etc. Naturally they have home advantage but I don't think it would be sufficient.
Personally I think on of the Balkan teams - Serbia/Montenegro or Croatia is capable of going very far. And, off course, Ivoru coast. Will be great to see Ettien!
Old 10-10-2005, 18:37   #589
freakyy

Peña Member

freakyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to freakyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyy
How you mean "known all around only because he plays for man U.?" he was absoluty fantastic with PSV and with Holland he scores 1 on 2, great stats. And yes, most of his goals are tap ins, BUT he makes them. If it was that easy, why is he one of the few strikers that score's so easily and so much.

Makaay is a more complete striker for sure, but he doens't fit in the Dutch team. Although I really don't agree he is left outside the squad...
sorry, i dont have anywhere near knowledge as u have abt football... i already agreed that he shows great fighting spirit, and he is a good striker... as u said, when he was scoring for PSV, most of the people havent even heard abt him... now he is known everywhere, 'cos he is scoring for manutd... anyway, i'm not on for an argument....

Haha ok mate, I understand what ur saying

Funny how many people see Holland as 1 of the main favorites. Here in Holland many people are sceptical about the team and van Basten. Cause he doesn't count on Seedorf, Davids, van Bommel ect. Only they have almost zero arguments, because the team played very well and Holland had never such a easy ticket for a World Championship.

I rate Brazil and Argentina higher than Holland but young players like Robben, van Persie, Maduro, vd Vaart, Babel and Vlaar can only get better in the coming year, in potential Holland have fantastic team with vd Sar as real leader. For me he is the best keeper around at the moment.
Old 10-10-2005, 19:40   #590
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

Nobody will bet on Poland? But Im not surprisied of it It's better to my national team
Old 10-10-2005, 19:55   #591
secret
Almost Regular

secret is off the scale

My Favourites for the WC:

Top 3:

Brazil
Argentina
Germany

good chances:

Holland
Italy
Spain
England
Old 10-10-2005, 20:51   #592
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
It's remarkable how many of you rate Germany as a frontliner. They haven't impressed so far and I don't consider their playermaterial to anywhere near the likes of Brazil, Holland, France, Argentina etc. Naturally they have home advantage but I don't think it would be sufficient.
Personally I think on of the Balkan teams - Serbia/Montenegro or Croatia is capable of going very far. And, off course, Ivoru coast. Will be great to see Ettien!
essien plays for ghana
Old 10-10-2005, 21:28   #593
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are some of the Ivory Coast players...

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Gerard Gnanhouan (Montpellier, France), Jean-Jacques Tizie (Esperance, Tunisia)

Defenders: Arthur Boka (Racing Strasbourg, France), Cyril Domoraud (Creteil, France), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Blaise Koffi Kouassi (Troyes, France), Abdoulaye Meite (Olympique Marseille, France), Kolo Toure (Arsenal, England), Marc Kpolo Zoro (Messina, Italy)

Midfielders: Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Emerse Fae (Nantes, France), Bonaventure Kalou (Paris St Germain, France), Arouna Kone (PSV Eindhoven, Holland), Siaka Tiene, Didier Zokora (both St Etienne, France)

Forwards: Kanga Akale (AJ Auxerre, France), Aruna Dindane (Racing Lens, France), Didier Drogba (Chelsea, England), Bakari Kone (Nice, France), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Nantes, France).
Old 10-10-2005, 21:40   #594
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippykid
Here are some of the Ivory Coast players...

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Gerard Gnanhouan (Montpellier, France), Jean-Jacques Tizie (Esperance, Tunisia)

Defenders: Arthur Boka (Racing Strasbourg, France), Cyril Domoraud (Creteil, France), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Blaise Koffi Kouassi (Troyes, France), Abdoulaye Meite (Olympique Marseille, France), Kolo Toure (Arsenal, England), Marc Kpolo Zoro (Messina, Italy)

Midfielders: Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Emerse Fae (Nantes, France), Bonaventure Kalou (Paris St Germain, France), Arouna Kone (PSV Eindhoven, Holland), Siaka Tiene, Didier Zokora (both St Etienne, France)

Forwards: Kanga Akale (AJ Auxerre, France), Aruna Dindane (Racing Lens, France), Didier Drogba (Chelsea, England), Bakari Kone (Nice, France), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Nantes, France).
they don't have a good gk!this is their problem
Old 10-10-2005, 21:57   #595
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Brasil is the main favourite..
Their attack is scary

I wouldn't consider the dutch on the same level as Brasil / Argentina.. I'm(and the rest of holland) still figuring out if Van Basten has been very lucky so far or it's just his magic touch that has lead to these results..

I just can't imagine them to beat the big countries with this unexperienced squad, although they do have potential. But IMO they would have to rely on the creativity of Van de Vaart and Robben to do great things at the WC.

Spain, I really don't know what to think about them.. great individuals, but apparently not enough to form a strong team. But who knows, maybe when we don't expect it all talent explodes :P
Old 11-10-2005, 00:06   #596
Fabian
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacasa
Quote:
essien plays for ghana

I meant (and wrote) ETTIEN, the beautiful winger of Levante.

Who I don't find in Hippys list! Why?
Old 11-10-2005, 00:23   #597
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacasa
Quote:
essien plays for ghana

I meant (and wrote) ETTIEN, the beautiful winger of Levante.

Who I don't find in Hippys list! Why?
he doesn't play for ivory coast! i know him but never seen him with ivory coast!
Old 11-10-2005, 00:30   #598
Fabian
Peña Member

That is odd, he was magnificent last season - never seen such a fast player. I hope he comes in as a dark horse - very entertaining player!
Old 11-10-2005, 00:36   #599
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
That is odd, he was magnificent last season - never seen such a fast player. I hope he comes in as a dark horse - very entertaining player!
you are right!i saw him too and he impressed me with his rapidity
Old 11-10-2005, 01:33   #600
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Felix Ettien is a quality player. He is quick, full of stamina and can play as a (QUICK) winger or as wing back....!

Closed Thread