Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:04   #16
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
no body does this, this season we will lose HUGE value from Andone and Colak, last season we got offer for 20M for Andone but at the end of this season we won't be able to sell him for even half of that .
I don't think the coach would not give a chance to his best players, if they are really the best. Also Tino would react, if Andone shined on the training and still did not play on the games.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:47   #17
Laci92
Occasional Member

Laci92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I don't think the coach would not give a chance to his best players, if they are really the best. Also Tino would react, if Andone shined on the training and still did not play on the games.

Francis is our best keeper, but Parallo use the "trees"

Last edited by Laci92 : 06-11-2017 at 10:50.
Laci92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:45   #18
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Francis is a good prospect and Cristobal knows that more than anyone.. he needs to play with Fabril regularly before putting him under too much pressure.. right now, when Ruben is fit to be called up, I would use him as the first GK..
I completely agree about playing Lucas and Andone together, but the team showed great fight in the last match which was largely down to our three midfielders.. Bakkali is growing steadily and Cartabia is our best player at the moment.. so who can be replaced from the current lineup?
I would trust Parralo as long as we are moving in the right direction as a team..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:03   #19
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

OK we finally survived the first 15min and actualy the entire half without being a goal down. We actualy didn't even suffer at all which is a new feeling and something that Mel couldn't do.

Cristobal made an important change to strenghten the middle of the park - Valverde together with Borges and Guilherme. If aid is needed at the side, one of the center midfielders assist and Valverde takes his spot. Bakkalli and especially Cartabia aren't good in defense so the aid to the sides is needed, also this gives the duo more chance to foucus on attack. Also Luisinho and Juanfran need assistance, so one move changed the basic outlook of our team.

The team is starting to gel defensivly -also with a high sometimes 5 man pressing (only Guilherme stays behind) - so we finally have a clear idea how to defend. And we defended well - 1 or two chances from Atletico and a goal allowed only from standard situation shows that Cristobal is on the right path.

Emre and Andone will have their chances, when we play more openly (home games against poorer opposition) or if we are in need of a goal during a game. I am worried that Cartabia and Bakkali don't have any real replacment on the bench (maybe Gil and Adrian when they are back fit) and clearly Cristobal doesn't trust in Gama and Valle. Playing Lucas or Andone on the side is an option but I wouldn't prefer to start in such a formation - Bakkali is a natural winger -not flawless - but a decent player to utilize right now. The front trio is creative and with Borges and Valverde joining in the center + the wingbacks we have a well balanced team.

I like the outlook of the Cristobal Depor - I see us lowering the goals allowed collum rapidly and 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-0 scorlines on the horizon.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:52   #20
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this was one of our best performances of the season, where we deserved at least a draw. we looked a lot more solid as a team, but unfortunately lacked a cutting edge up front.
Going forward, I would only make a couple of tweeks to the starting 11. I would have Lucas on the left instead of Bakkali, Andone up front and would drop Pantilimon for Tyton. I know they are both bad, but I think Tyton has better reaction speed than the Romanian.

Am really looking forward to having Ruben, Gil and Adrian back, they will give us some extra quality.
Old 06-11-2017, 19:18   #21
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Very frustrating but I see some positives. Hoping that Cristobal can find a way of getting Colak and Andone into the starting lineup. As we miss Emre's creativity and Florin's sheer aggression and physicality, you can tell defenders hate coming up against him.

Such a pity that Alves decided to head home to and keep goal for Flamengo.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 23:34   #22
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

For the way Cristobal is playing, I would like to see Guilherme joined by Valverde and Colak (that's where he played with Galatasaray remember).

I would continue playing with the same trio upfront (Bakkali, Lucas, Cartabia), and Andone coming out from the bench if we are losing, or need to give Lucas a break.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 00:57   #23
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think that it is difficult to play with both Lucas and Andone at the same time because both play perfectly in exactly the same area (pure strikers), playing with Andone as left winger will not add any value as Andone is weak in dribbling compared to Bakkali, I believe that yesterday we started the game with the best 11 players, Valverde has proven that he is better than colak and Lucas is better than Andone, maybe the coach can try Francis again although I don't blame Panti for the goal yesterday as the shot was close and strong and also our players covered the ball.

I feel very bad that we played a great game and lost at the end

Lucas isnt a center forward though he plays like a winger.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:37   #24
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucas can be utilized as a striker, one of two forwards and on the side. Victor used his ability brilliantly, maybe Cristobal will do that aswell.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:07   #25
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

What a heartbreaker, especially after having played much better than Atletico the entire match. I think the goal came down to 2 issues:

-The wall doesn't react quickly enough after the first touch is made. They should have ran up on Thomas quicker.
-Pantilimon did his best impersonation of a statue. He honestly just needed to raise his left arm to stop it.

It looks like Ruben will likely be ready for the game at Malaga, depending on how he responds to pain with the shots he receives in practice in the coming weeks. We can only hope he comes back, he's our only decent keeper.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:34   #26
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carril
What a heartbreaker, especially after having played much better than Atletico the entire match. I think the goal came down to 2 issues:

-The wall doesn't react quickly enough after the first touch is made. They should have ran up on Thomas quicker.
-Pantilimon did his best impersonation of a statue. He honestly just needed to raise his left arm to stop it.

It looks like Ruben will likely be ready for the game at Malaga, depending on how he responds to pain with the shots he receives in practice in the coming weeks. We can only hope he comes back, he's our only decent keeper.

we cant judge Ruben for only 2 games, I believe that Panti is our best keeper and Atletico goal was difficult to catch, the shot needs jumping not only moving his hand and because it was very close and strong and also covered by Cartabia it was not easy at all.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 16:09   #27
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
we cant judge Ruben for only 2 games, I believe that Panti is our best keeper and Atletico goal was difficult to catch, the shot needs jumping not only moving his hand and because it was very close and strong and also covered by Cartabia it was not easy at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Z2mkun49Y
start from 3:07 - 3:27sec.
Cheers!
Old 07-11-2017, 16:12   #28
Laci92
Occasional Member

Laci92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I saw him a couple of times last year, he was brilliant. If Panti is good than Rubén is a world class keeper
Old 07-11-2017, 16:33   #29
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Not saying that Ruben is a star, but when fit, he is the pick of the bunch.
We definitely need to strengthen in this position asap.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:10   #30
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

one mistake from Ruben and you will all call him a statue!
our keepers are good but needs confidence, they all played well before joining Depor, it is just a mental issue.
Panti is the best option and the time will prove it.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote