Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 26-08-2007, 20:05   #16
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Really don't got many comments to this - and even though we were playing like rotten shit - let's look at it next week, when we hopefully have new players.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:06   #17
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

And away I go

1) Everyone saying we should've been playing friendlies against bigger teams has no idea what he's talking about. There's no point in that.

2) Here's what used to happen with Caparros. He ordered our players to use long balls. Our players lacked passion. We know the result of this combination. Lotina made Depor play in a very different way than Caparros, which seemed to work in friendlies, even against Madrid. Yet, in our first official game of the season, our players are completely unorganised. I don't think Lotina said to them before the match to play like this. So what the hell is causing this? Nerves? All our players looked motivated before the game, but from the moment they get on the pitch, it all falls apart. The same happened during Jabo's last year at the club, and during Capa's reign of terror. What did they do about it? Little to nothing. I can only hope Lotina has the balls to kick Sergio out of the team now. When they go on the pitch, they should be thinking: wow, I'm playing in f*cking Primera Division here. Just like Almeria's players were thinking. We have all of those youngsters in our team, and I can't imagine youngsters not being motivated for games like this. So it's time to punish the veterans. Starting with Sergio. These players need some serious team building.

I was planning to say a lot more, but I seemed to forgot everything. Well, I'll come back to you later
Old 26-08-2007, 20:21   #18
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not saying play against barca or teams like that, but maybe weak premiera and some segunda teams. Not teams from the fifth division.
We need to drop some players and stop trying to bring their values up. That was the biggest mistake of the last years of humiliation and dissapointement.
I fear we will all develop some heavy mental issues if things dont turn for the better for soon.
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:23   #19
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

I don't have much to say as I haven't seen the game but 3:0 loss at home against nearly promoted team, with (IMO) one of the worst squads in Primera is a shame. Now I see my friends (barca and real fans) laughing at me. Great start of ****in 07/08 season!
Old 26-08-2007, 20:23   #20
Penguin66
Veteran

Penguin66 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek
I don't have much to say as I haven't seen the game but 3:0 loss at home against nearly promoted team, with (IMO) one of the worst squads in Primera is a shame. Now I see my friends (barca and real fans) laughing at me. Great start of ****in 07/08 season!

And that hurts the most ,that's why we're all pissed off
Old 26-08-2007, 20:29   #21
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
i am not saying play against barca or teams like that, but maybe weak premiera and some segunda teams. Not teams from the fifth division.

There's a reason why almost every team doesn't do that, you know. Take it from me.
Old 26-08-2007, 20:37   #22
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, what can I say? An extremely disappointing result of course. And even more disappointing to see that we even didn't make an effort between the two posts during 90 mins against a newly promoted side.

Positive things now are that things only can get better and that there will be more urgency to sign one or two above-average Primera players.

Our starting eleven is simply good enough to finish between 7 and 13th spot in Primera.

Losing the first match at home doesn't always need ringing alarm bells: in 2002 we lost 2-4 against Betis but in May of that season we even were Liga leaders.

It's just three points now, but alsoa huge warning. Let's focus on next week.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:43   #23
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

I was "lucky" to see the match.
There's no way IMO to rush into declarations about what will happen during the season so I'm gonna give marks to the players:

Dudu 6 He didn't have much to do during the whole match since they scored from the few occasions they got. Still, I think he was very unlucky in the second goal.

Rodri 3 If I were more subjective I would give him a 0 tottaly absent in defense and attack. He was very slow picking passes and didn't know what to do with the ball each time he gets it.

Lopo 5 I think it was the worst match I've seen on him. Very slow and he lost a lot duels.

Colocini 8 if we would have won. I would give him a 10. and I can understand why he would prefer to go to Zaragozza. Sure they won't finish far above us but their players can play football.

Manuel Pablo 6 He made a decent match but it was obvious he suffered on some situations where he needed his left foot. IMO, it would have been better to play him on the right and Rodri on the left. At least we would have a decent full back.

Cristian 5.5 It wasn't his best day.

De Guzman 6.5 He was making his best efforts but anyone could notice he was doing Sergio's job in addition to his.

Sergio 4.5 For me, the only reason why he wasn't substitued is that Lotina still has hope in him and didn't want to sub him sending a message that he trusts him. However it's not a good reason. He was whistled at the end of the game by the fans in Riazor

Guardado 8 If there's a player in our squad that can play football it's him. He had troubles with MP since this last one couldn't handle all the situations on the left flank. a 10 if we had won.

Adrian 5 Completely absent from the match.

Riki 6 He didn't dive us much as he used to and this position seems to suit him. I'm sure he can do better in the future.

Lafita didn't have enough time to make an impact on the game but he looked to me a little selfish.

Verdu not enough time

Taborda barely touched the ball. all he could do was to sprint after it pressuring alone.

Other than the loss, the players still have this longballs in their mentality but it's changing. I have to blame lotina for a part of his tactics since De Guzman and Sergio went to ask for the ball in the full back position and a lot of times at the same time and that left the entire central midfield at the mercy of the rival.

Having seen the match, I have to say that Almeria weren't just lucky to win but they deserved it. If they play like this in every match, they will be much more dangerous than Recre last season.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:50   #24
Martin
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

If this continues the trips will be hard to face.

Never mind it is only the start and we have to keep our chins up.

for a look at our shirt evolution / new site uploaded
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:53   #25
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW, any information on the attendance? I'm sure it's a lot more than last season.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 21:04   #26
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets hope guardado can work some magic in the next game to keep the attendances high. Don't really wanna comment the game, everything has already been said. Maybe now Leindoro see's the urgent need for a left defender and a playmaker? :/
Old 26-08-2007, 21:05   #27
superdeportivo

superdeportivo is on a distinguished road

really glad that Colloccini, Riki and Guardado played good in the match. Hope this was just a exception when we lose against a team like Almeira. The only thing I can say negative about this game is the preparation for it. How can we start the season with out an left back? Play either Filipe or buy a decent left back!!!! Forza depor hopes we can do better in the next match.
superdeportivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 21:19   #28
Sooty
Beginner

Sooty is on a distinguished road

I was at the match and there was a decent attendance probably because the weather was nice.

I couldn't agree more with Deporiginal, Sergio is a lump of s**t, actually that's giving lumps of s**t a bad name. I don't think he actually attempted one forward pass all match apart from set pieces (which he should not be taking) He's meant to be our playmaker for god's sake.

Also M. Pablo was a complete liability and along with Rodri were lost. They only began to get forward when we were 3 -0 down. The transition from defence to attack was at a snail's pace. We need a quick thinking midfielder.
How else are we going to get the most out of strikers like Riki and Adrian who aren't target men but are fast as hell.

There was a great reaction from the crowd when Lotina substituted De Guzman and not Sergio. Nobody played well but Guardado did try a lot and you can see he is a cut above the rest.

Bring on Valladolid, and execute Sergio and M. Pablo.
Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 21:46   #29
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Dissapoiting result.... I diden't see the game,but the result talks . Loosing 0-3 against a new comer to primera is a shame....

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 21:51   #30
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal

1) Everyone saying we should've been playing friendlies against bigger teams has no idea what he's talking about. There's no point in that.

I'd love to take thata disucussion with you tomorrow, mate