Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 04-11-2017, 18:58   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Nov-04-2017 | matchday 11 | 16h15 | Depor 0 - Atlético 1 | post-match thread

Another wasted game for not having a proper keeper
Old 04-11-2017, 20:46   #2
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- What a joke of a goal, and a goalie!
2- Great defensive work from everybody
3- Great game by Guilherme if you watched him closely
4- Borges is hurting the fluidity of our game. He is good in the air, but lacks football with his feet
5- Cartabia was once again our best player
6- Bakkali needs to pass the ball a little more, especially in a chance where he could have left Lucas alone in front of Oblak
7- Lucas can't be blamed today for not creating football.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 21:21   #3
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

We should have scored, so don't blame only the keeper. Benching the best striker and the playmaker wasn't a smart decision.
Old 04-11-2017, 23:12   #4
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

In general this was a solid performance against a top team.
Unfortunately you can't save the ball just by looking at it you need to jump, stretch your hand or something like that. Final minutes where total concentration is an absolutely must and then you get a play like that, sorry just not acceptable this time. Whywe got rid of Lux when we did not bring something better - I'd call it another silly move by the board.
I like Lucas a lot, but Andone also deserves to be in the starting eleven..Lucas comes and Andone gets dropped off after been putting so much hard work in, just not fair. Parallo has to work it out.
There's improvement, but we've got to catch up without wasting time, otherwise another suffiring is awaiting us.

Last edited by tonideportivoBG : 04-11-2017 at 23:24.
tonideportivoBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 00:57   #5
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand a new trainer 'needs time', but he's from the club and should know the club and the team.
There's no time for games, he should get his stuff together. I get it to give the keeper a new chance, i would have done so as well, but both games he let silly goals in. Francis should re-appear.
Another thing is Lucas - Andone. As all of you, i agree Andone should play. So should Lucas, but he should be used correctly!
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:09   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
I understand a new trainer 'needs time', but he's from the club and should know the club and the team.
There's no time for games, he should get his stuff together. I get it to give the keeper a new chance, i would have done so as well, but both games he let silly goals in. Francis should re-appear.
Another thing is Lucas - Andone. As all of you, i agree Andone should play. So should Lucas, but he should be used correctly!

and How would you use him correctly?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:48   #7
Laci92
Occasional Member

Laci92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor

Put him to the left, or behind Andone as a secondary striker
Old 05-11-2017, 10:32   #8
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laci92
Put him to the left, or behind Andone as a secondary striker

I think that it is difficult to play with both Lucas and Andone at the same time because both play perfectly in exactly the same area (pure strikers), playing with Andone as left winger will not add any value as Andone is weak in dribbling compared to Bakkali, I believe that yesterday we started the game with the best 11 players, Valverde has proven that he is better than colak and Lucas is better than Andone, maybe the coach can try Francis again although I don't blame Panti for the goal yesterday as the shot was close and strong and also our players covered the ball.

I feel very bad that we played a great game and lost at the end
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 13:33   #9
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant believe my eyes when i saw the highlights. not even a dive or raise a hand at the ball

wish i could have seen the match to see how we played with Cristobal in charge. shame to lose it so easy at the last minute. i cant call that luck thats just embarrassing
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 13:51   #10
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

For me it was probably our best game this season. Of course its a pity not to get at least a point, but we play much better than with Mel as a coach. If we keep playing like this, we ill be safe. I also liked the last game against Las Palmas. I hope its not only a temporary "new coach effect".
Old 05-11-2017, 20:34   #11
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
I think that it is difficult to play with both Lucas and Andone at the same time because both play perfectly in exactly the same area (pure strikers), playing with Andone as left winger will not add any value as Andone is weak in dribbling compared to Bakkali, I believe that yesterday we started the game with the best 11 players, Valverde has proven that he is better than colak and Lucas is better than Andone, maybe the coach can try Francis again although I don't blame Panti for the goal yesterday as the shot was close and strong and also our players covered the ball.

I feel very bad that we played a great game and lost at the end

Colak is much better than Valverde, maybe I'm the only one who don't understand why the coaches prefer him than Colak. Same goes to Andone.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:43   #12
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek
I hope its not only a temporary "new coach effect".
Of course it is. How else do you think we beat Barcelona last season I am just glad we didnt get humiliated!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:31   #13
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor

he's not a deep forward but makes his goals using his speed coming from far, from the edge of off-side play. And he needs a partner to link him up.
Andone has no place in that picture, but since we shouldnt rely on Lucas only, we could use Andone as well in his natural position. He would have a hard time in the beginning with Lucas in that role, but he could adapt and then both will be a burden for any defence.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:35   #14
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marci 14
Colak is much better than Valverde, maybe I'm the only one who don't understand why the coaches prefer him than Colak.

They're very different but Colak didnt show too much this season. Valverde however neither, but he needs to play according his contract. If both pick up their game, and coach settles Andone in with Lucas as well, we can see nice things. Bakkala (or what's his name) will be the biggest victim, what i dont like, cause i think he has a very good potential as well. But we need to give priority to our own players, not loanies.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:54   #15
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
But we need to give priority to our own players, not loanies.

no body does this, this season we will lose HUGE value from Andone and Colak, last season we got offer for 20M for Andone but at the end of this season we won't be able to sell him for even half of that .
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote