Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2007, 20:24   #61
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

guys

do you think lotina will be harsh a bit with some players after the defeat
Old 29-08-2007, 23:52   #62
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planespotting
Come on bro, we had a better team last season.

Old 30-08-2007, 00:16   #63
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
guys

do you think lotina will be harsh a bit with some players after the defeat
I didn't comment this before, but in Depor Sport there's an article saying that Lotina was furious and that his main reclamations were made to two specific players: "Were you on the pitch today? becuase I didn't see you! Why did we worked so hard in the trainings if later we don't accomplish what we plan?"

No names were given.
Old 30-08-2007, 00:20   #64
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

No wonder one of them is Sergio
Old 30-08-2007, 00:25   #65
romero forever
Super-Seasoned

romero forever is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to romero forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal

He is right
Old 30-08-2007, 00:29   #66
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by romero forever
He is right

Yes, we have a worse team than last year so that's why we lost 0-3 at Almeria. Of course, we will now lose with about the same result at Valladolid. No doubt about that! We will lose all our games and relegate this season.

You guys don't make any sense. I made a quite nicely sized post, and all I got as reply was "come on we have a worse squad than last season". What the hell is that supposed to mean? That I have to say we're gonna lose cause we supposedely have a worse squad than last year?

Last edited by deporiginal : 30-08-2007 at 00:31.
Old 30-08-2007, 00:39   #67
romero forever
Super-Seasoned

romero forever is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to romero forever

Quote:
Yes, we have a worse team than last year so that's why we lost 0-3 at Almeria. Of course, we will now lose with about the same result at Valladolid. No doubt about that! We will lose all our games and relegate this season.

You guys don't make any sense. I made a quite nicely sized post, and all I got as reply was "come on we have a worse squad than last season". What the hell is that supposed to mean? That I have to say we're gonna lose cause we supposedely have a worse squad than last year?

I don't stop repeating that we had a better team last year since Andrade , Duscher and Capdevila left ...
Old 30-08-2007, 01:16   #68
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I'm sorry if my reply irritated you, I'm really sorry. I'm not talking about the defeat particularly ..I agree with your previous post that I commented on completely. Still I am pessmistic about the whole season because we're not being realistic. We think Lotina and Guardado are gonna save us even though we had better players .. Arizmendi is great and so is Capdevilla, Duscher ..Andrade ..Arbeloa...ect

And the looks of things is the players are a little bit lost shifting from Caparros long balls to Lotina short passes .. So a team that did as great as achieving a below mid-table position last year without inforcements .. what do we expect from that team really?

The only thing we're praying for is that the players themselves would improve .. me and you are hoping that Lotina would work some magic with these guys who played last season .. We have hopes the players are not injured ... basically we both want luck for this team ..So my pessimism is not because of this game but I have to be honest and say this game woke me up .. I want a victory at the next game more than you .. I am hoping for it but an away game like this one and without a season formation yet .. Lotina is still trying the players .. so we need luck ..beginners luck!
Old 30-08-2007, 08:07   #69
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

My wish:

-----------------------Aouate----------------------
M.Pablo/Barragan*-----Lopo------Coloccini------Filipe
-----------De Guzman---------Sergio**-------------
P.Alvarez/Lafita*---------------------------Guardado
--------------------Riki----Bodipo-------------------

* depending on current form (Lotina knows it better)
** Yes, it isn't a mistake. I'd give him another chance because J.Rodriguez is IMO an average player and Sergio can show something interesting from time to time. I don't see any other player there. Verdu is to weak in defence. Maybe Colo would fit but who will play with Lopo as a CB then?
Old 30-08-2007, 08:55   #70
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin66
Me neither,to be honest...because I imagine them playing like against Almeria...and with that kind of play,we can only lose 3-0 again...

But I do hope that something will change in our squad (and I don't mean on the formation or something like that!)

that really shocks me and enoys me, i dont understand how you cant see depor win... they lost one match that doesnt mean that they are going to loose every game! i wouldnt bet money on depor winning but i know they can win
Old 30-08-2007, 09:54   #71
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether you're an optimist or a pessimist, you're opinion is a valid one.

As an example, I can't see why Penguin's post would annoy you Jmyrvold. He quite clearly states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin
Me neither,to be honest...because I imagine them playing like against Almeria...and with that kind of play,we can only lose 3-0 again...

From my interpretation of that, all he's saying is that if we play at the same level we did against Almeria, we're likely to suffer another embarrassing defeat. Is he wrong? No-one knows but I'd say that it's fairly likely in that scenario.

All the speculative posts of our future this season make for some quite interesting debates etc but let's remember that none of us actually know what the future holds, so there's a small chance that the person on the other side of the argument could actually be right.

Personally, I'm hoping for a much improved performance on Sunday and I'll be fairly happy for us to take a point. If we play as badly as we did last weekend though and come away with nothing but bad press, the calmer side of me will be trying to convince myself that there's still 36 games to go, which means theres still plenty of time to climb the table and finish in a respectable position. However, the more pessimistic side of me will be hearing alarm bells and thinking, "Crap!!! We need to wake up and realise the pre-season is over and this is all for real now."
Old 30-08-2007, 09:55   #72
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

------Aouate----------
-----P.Alvarez*-----Lopo------Coloccini------Filipe----
-----De Guzman---------Sergio**-------
-----Lafita*---------------------------Guardado
--------------Riki----Bodipo----------
alvarez can play good football and net play with great strikers adrean and xisco future stikers
Old 30-08-2007, 11:08   #73
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have to say that by far our biggest lost from last season is the departure of arbeloa. Duscher and Andrade werent in top for for a few years. And we are heavily missing capdevilla just because we dont have anyone else for the spot. What can we expect from a veteran that is playing so so in his position, playing out oh his natural spot, and a very young defender.
Old 30-08-2007, 11:31   #74
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
So......

1. Whistling a player when he doesn't run and look hungry for the team is OK.
2. Whistling a player who isn't doing the job he is there to do is also OK.
3. When a player tries his best but nothing works out, we should offer him our support.

OK, I can see what Lotina means but come on. If I had to pick a scenario that describes Sergio's performances over the last few seasons, they would often fall into catagories 1 and 2 and hardly ever 3.

We all know that scenarios 1 or 2 suit for Sergio's performance (probably Lotina knows it as well). But i think Lotina is trying to protect the player, while being diplomat for the fans. Like saying that "i'm ok with sergio, he's trying his best, but if you fans, believe he's not trying enough, then you have the right to whistle at him".

In any case i respect Lotina's approach, trying to regenerate Sergio, because we have very few alternatives.
Old 30-08-2007, 11:56   #75
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Since I didn't watch the game against Almería I obviously can't say what I think needs to be changed.

Our attacks were apparantly harmless and pathetic, hence the very impressive record of 0 shots on goal during the 90 minutes at Riazor. It's possible that Lotina's new tactics takes some time for the team to get used to, but then I believe Lotina is making a mistake cause you can't change everything instantly. I mean, changing from Capa's intentionally careful game with long balls and a secure defence to Lotina's attacking game with short passes can't be done all at once, but has to be made step by step. It's like when moving to a new country; you don't feel at home instantly.

It's not that I disagree with Lotina's ambition to play an attacking game with short passes and control of the ball, - I don't! - I'm just saying the players need something they feel comfortable with, and then they can work on adding Lotina's visions to their game.

I'm optimistic though, and I believe we'll achieve a good result at Valladolid on Sunday. I'm sure our players want to prove themselves and show that what happened last week was an accident.
Closed Thread