Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 16-07-2003, 12:28   #241
Lendoiro

Lendoiro is off the scale

AS.com is a very good source for Madrid news, and no doubt that Chelsea's new owner WILL show us the money.
Lendoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 12:54   #242
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Makaay is relatively cheap when reviewing the previous Chelsea offers of 50 million Euro for Vieri or Henry...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 13:12   #243
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW

El Ideal Gallego also talks about Chelsea's interest in Makaay...

So there are 2 sources
Old 16-07-2003, 14:35   #244
zOrg

zOrg is off the scale

but there are no english sources
i think this was a fake ...
Chelsea have a new striker with duff.
Chelsea have enough good striker...
Old 16-07-2003, 14:43   #245
erliminator
Beginner

erliminator is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to erliminator

i also think that chelsae isn't interested in Makaay!Newspapers only wrote about it,but nobody from Chelsea said sth. about MAkaay!They bought Duff!
the newspapers write that Chelsae wants every good player!
I think and hope that BAyern buys MAkaay!And I hope they buy him fast!
erliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 14:47   #246
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Duff is not a center forward like Maakay. BUT I agree Chelski are linked with everyone.
Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 14:58   #247
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont understand their policy.. they are offering 50 millions for unavailable players/strikers and everybody knows makaay is for sale for 25 mil. Euros.......

Or is Makaay a B player compared to Vieri, Kluivert, Henry??
Old 16-07-2003, 15:00   #248
erliminator
Beginner

erliminator is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to erliminator

but makaay isn't such a star like Henry or Kluivert!Es doesn't have the character!He is a great player and a star,but no SUPERSTAR
erliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 15:09   #249
chriskloss
Beginner

chriskloss is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably just another try to raise the price for Makaay ...
Old 16-07-2003, 15:53   #250
Tyrem
Beginner

Tyrem is off the scale
Default My opionion...

Hello friends of Depor, hello football-lovers!

First I should intruduce myself: I am a 32 year old football-fan from Germany. My club is (of course) Bayern.

I am pretty amazed by how objective and fair the discussion is going in this open forum. This place is a pretty cool one to hang around and you can be proud of how everything turnes out to be here.

Now to my view of the current situation: I am not sure if Chelsea really is into the race for Roy. It sounds reasonable because of the "crazy Russian" but they were linked to pretty much every good player on the market so far. If it is true then I would be happy for the money your team will get... but I would be sad for Roy. It did not happen very often in the past that a player was not happy with Bayern so I am sure that he would feel very comfortable over here. He also would have a pretty safe position in the team, although competition would be still strong. Besides that he also has a 100%-chance to play each and every year in the Champions League as long as he is in the Bayern-Team. There really is not much competition for our boys in Germany at the moment.

The price-issue is also a very interesting point. You guys know how good Makkay plays. The question remains: Is this worth 21 to 25 Mio. Euro? I donīt think so and thatīs why I support our club-policy. I also doubt that the merchandise with Roy will work as it would work with Beckham for example. Nowadays a striker not only has to score goals but also sell merchandise. We Germans have our little problems with the dutch soccer. So I guess some fans would refuse to buy that stuff. Sounds stupid... and IT IS STUPID INDEED.

Bayern would probably be the best place for Makkay at this very moment. Somehow I feel bad thinking about a russian businessman bying his own team for fun. It has not much to do with sports in my eyes.

Anyway: You guys seem to be quite a cool bunch of soccer fans.. and even if we donīt get Roy we still did learn a little bit about the mentality of the other. So next time you come over to kick our ass (hehe) we can have a good german beer together.

Take care and all the best for your future!
Tyrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 16:55   #251
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We Germans have our little problems with the dutch soccer. So I guess some fans would refuse to buy that stuff. Sounds stupid... and IT IS STUPID INDEED.

No it's funny.... ..... there should always be some rivalry bewteen Dutch and German soccer!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 16:59   #252
Tyrem
Beginner

Tyrem is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
No it's funny.... ..... there should always be some rivalry bewteen Dutch and German soccer!

Trust me... there is!
Tyrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 17:32   #253
anuroc

anuroc is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to anuroc

It seems Chelsea made a stunning €100m offer for Raul, that Russian guy must have a bottomless wallet. Real Madrid are going to say no thanks because next year there will be elections and Florentino would lose if he sells Raul now.
I guess the guy wants to be in the front pages and there are bigger names than the Golden Boot. Someone said Makaay is not a star and that's exactly what this crazy Russian wants, so I'm not very high on this option
Old 16-07-2003, 18:55   #254
Sloburn

Sloburn is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Sloburn

tyrem i have to say that you are pretty right, chelseas transfer-politics have nothing to do with football at the moment. what a pitty that guys like this "crazy russian" are able to buy whole teams and do whatever they want. up to now there are no concrete hints that chelsea is really after roy. and i do hope that the whole story is a fake.

i guess there are two opportunities left, makaay stays at depor or he signs a contract with bayern. other teams wonīt make the deal, because which team has enough money and needs a striker? all the teams which could afford to buy makaay have indeed a number of good strikers ( for example: ManU, Madrid...)

the deal must be done by bayern,because i think we need roy, especially for the next year when elber is leaving us!
Sloburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 19:10   #255
stef
Beginner

stef is off the scale

It is really a shame that this Russian guy was able to buy Chelsea. I verily hope that something like this wont happen to other clubs. I think even if the rumours about Makaay and Chelsea are true, it wouldn't be a good choice for Roy. In Chelsea there is no real background. And what will happen if their plan doesn't work out ? There are enough examples that only buying stars is not enough, because you need a team (look at Internazionale Milano). Maybe at some stage this Russian will sell the club again.
It's a sad story anyway so I really hope Makaay will be wise enough not to go to Chelsea.
stef is offline   Reply With Quote