Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 03-09-2003, 07:47   #1
Hollanda
Beginner

Hollanda is off the scale
Default PSV Eindhoven

hello everybody,
I am Dutch and PSV-supporter and was invited to come and visit you here!

In Holland the group of PSV is considered to be composed of 4 teams that are of practically the same quality, Depor being the strongest and possibly AEK the weakest, but certainly not by far.

How do you think it is? What do you think of the chances of both Depor and PSV to go through? Do you know PSV at all, and if so, what players do you know?

Furthermore, I noticed there are also some Dutchies around. Do you hope for PSV to fail in this group or do you want us to go to phase two together with Depor?

Good luck!
Hollanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:19   #2
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Im one of those 'Dutchies' although my parents are Spanish.

Psv seems to be strong again this year in the national league, but it's hard to say how strong they are in Europe.. but it should be possible for them to progress this year into the next round. I can live with
1. Depor
2. Psv

Ofcourse I know all the players psv have.. and IMO Depor should be aware of the pace on both wings.. Rommedahl is speedmachine and Robben a little bit less, but he is much better player. Also Kezman is starting to make nice goals instead of typical striker goals..

Still I think Depor is stronger in overall, but it's true that the differences are not that big.
javientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:46   #3
Hollanda
Beginner

Hollanda is off the scale
Default PSV

Hello,
Can you tell me something more about the players and standard line up of Depor? I know the majority of the players, but not their exact qualities and weaknesses...

BTW, where are you from? And which Ducth team (if any) do you support?
Hollanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:16   #4
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

I answered almost the same question once for a Rosenborg fan. So I'll copy and paste that piece

Goal: Molina - He has recovered well from his cancer and also his form is back. One of Spain's best goalies.

Rightback: Hector - Has conquered this place because of his great form lately. Normally Manuel Pablo(International) plays here.

Central Defender: Naybet - He is a very solid, experienced defender on which we can rely. Has been a starter for about 5/6 years now.

Central Defender: Andrade - Fast, strong and young player.. if he keeps developing he will be the new Naybet for Depor.

Left Back: Romero - Also very experienced and International.. Capdevilla(International too) also plays on this place and will be a regular starter soon.

Defensive Midfield - Mauro Silva is our engine on midfield..he gives the midfield balance and is one of the best controlers of the game I know..

Defensive Midfield - Sergio is still developing and will be more and more important on midfield. He is quite complete player.

Rightwing: Victor - He has on of the best crosses in Spain and so he is important for the assists. He can be creative on the wing.

Attacking midfield:Valeron is our best player without a doubt..(IMO). Especially when Depor attacks he can bring so much creative ideas.

Left wing: Fran is a master in reading the game.. he knows exactly when to speed up or slow down the game and besides he has an excellent cross. Luque (depor's biggest talent) is taking over his place. He is very fast, has good technique and knows how to score.

Striker - Tristan is a classy finisher.. everything he does is on technique, but momently he is out of form and Pandiani gets more minutes.. He is more hard working striker.. strong, speedy.

On the bench we have players like:

Cesar, Dusher, Scaloni, Jaime, Djalminha, Manuel Pablo.
javientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:17   #5
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome!

Well, Javi seems to have are most of your questions. And being a Dutchman too I would prefer having both teams to qualify for the next round.

I expect (and hope) that on 10 December (the day of PSV - Depor) the Spanish team is already qualified. If not it will be a very tense match...

gr
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 12:04   #6
Bagsie
Peña Member

Bagsie is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to Bagsie Send a message via MSN to Bagsie

I like dutch football, but not as much as Spanish. Specially La Corunian football... So me being here is quite a good tip of which team I would prefer to continue. I would like PSV to be the other one of our four.
Old 03-09-2003, 14:22   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Hello and welcome
I like PSV because they have Mateja Kezman, for me is one of the better strikers in Europe at this moment.

It seems that this will be your team to CL:

Keepers: Wateroice , van Dijk (both dutch)

defenders: Lee (South korea),Faber(dutch),Hofland(dutch),Bouma(dutch),Bo gelund(denmark),Ooijer(dutch)

midfield: v Bommel(dutch), vd Schaaf(dutch),Park(south korea),Lucius(dutch),Leandro(brazil),Vogel(switzer land), De jong(dutch)

strikers: Robben(dutch),Kezman(serbia),Vennegoor (dutch), Rommedahl(denmark), Vonlanthen(switzerland),Hoogstrate(dutch)
Old 03-09-2003, 15:14   #8
pebinho
Occasional Member
Peña Member

pebinho is off the scale

PSV is one of my favorite teams. There are many players i like. Hofland is good central defender, although injurys has stopped his development. Mark van Bommel playing regulary in Holland national squad, that prove that he is a world class player. I wonder why big clubs haven´t buy him. Robben is a wonder kid, Rommedahl is one of my favorite players. I think ManU mede a big mistake, when they not buy him in summer, He was just as made for ManU playingsystem. Kezman is rather good forward, but got too big ego, that´s why big clubs doesn´t buy him.

Javientes, is that list of Depor players just your opinion. If it wasn´t i wonder what is happen to Scaloni. Great player, i think
pebinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 17:59   #9
anuroc

anuroc is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to anuroc

I remember the team that won the European title back in the 80's, I saw them live in a Teresa Herrera with Bayern, Steaua Bucarest and Real Madrid and they played the best and brilliant team game I can remember. As a team, only Dynamo Kiev played that good in the early-middle 80's.
Besides I'm sure everybody knows PSV was the club who brought Romario and Ronaldo from Brazil to Europe
Old 03-09-2003, 19:08   #10
QueSalsaLuque
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

QueSalsaLuque is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to QueSalsaLuque

iám from Denmark.. and we should be aware of Rommedahl.... He is a very good player... and one of the fastest player in Europe!!!

A proud Depor fan since 1998
QueSalsaLuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 01:27   #11
Depor_Chile
Seasoned Member

Depor_Chile is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Depor_Chile

welcome to al PSV fans and good luck in the CL but depor will be the first then PSV
Old 04-09-2003, 06:53   #12
freakyy

Peña Member

freakyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to freakyy

hey i'm from holland too! i don't like psv, but i respect them.... they have a good squad... kezman, robben, rommedahl! i think depor will be first, and then psv or monaco... but i hope psv!
freakyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 23:15   #13
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

It seems Depor are in form when PSV will visit Riazor... I wonder whether the defence of PSV is strong enough for the Champions League... debate?
Old 05-09-2003, 23:33   #14
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

NO

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 23:36   #15
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Clear!

Their strength seems to be above all in midfield and attack, with Van Bommel, Kezman, Rommedahl and Robben...