Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:16   #31
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE!

rcdlc.com/forum members outside the rcdlc.com headquarters after realising the site/forum might get closed in May

https://images.wsj.net/im-121083?width=620&size=1.5

keep the site/forum alive
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 13:02   #32
Diligent
Veteran

Peņa Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm quite prepared to donate to keep the site/forum going in the short term. However, I'm a realist and see a younger generation using alternative platforms. So, maybe we can use this next 6-12 months to keep this site going in conjunction with a transition to various platforms Reddit, Instagram etc, etc to be available for everyone, so that people can choose their preferred choice when we move on. For me, as I'm not on Twitter/Facebook or Instagram, so I'm more than likely go move to Reddit. Huge thanks to Carlos for your dedication over years, it's been much appreciated.

Last edited by Diligent : 14-05-2021 at 13:32.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 09:20   #33
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I would/could donate my 1 day salary, throughout the years, I earn a bit better
Old 15-05-2021, 16:22   #34
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

So, the end has come...
Is it official?

Are we going to make some private FB group as I suggested the last time?
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 17:37   #35
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Very very sad news
I have witnessed every single detail of this website and club in the last 20 years
Iam really sad
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 19:27   #36
Tjorni
Almost Regular

Tjorni is on a distinguished road

It's very sad, but at the same time it's super understandable.

Thank you for your hard work for all these years. It's truly a human-made miracle that this site lasted for so long. I hope that the community will not split up too much, see you guys on reddit.
And again, best wishes for Carlos and site team.
Tjorni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2021, 19:43   #37
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road
Default If it is really goodbye.....

Gentlemen (and ladies),
If this is really goodbye, it has been a pleasure. Although I haven’t posted as much as others, DepLaCor has been a daily check-in since before I was officially registered. This “Goodbye” article this morning had me reminiscing about Deportivo memories. Going to Riazor with my father, watching the games either on TV, or on the computer. I will never forget watching Xisco score the game winner to keep us out of relegation on the last day of the season. Screaming “Gol! Gol! Xisco Gol!!!”, tears streaming down my face, thankful that my wife and kids weren’t home to see my obsessive, crazy fan behavior.

I have also loved participating in the DepLaCor fantasy Premier League with everyone else that was involved.

So if this is indeed goodbye, thank you Carlos for running this great site for as long as you did. Thank you to everyone that has ever posted and contributed to this great site.

Forza Depor!

Juan

PS - if donations can still help to keep this site afloat put me down for $20, small price to pay for what we get in return

Last edited by Xanuco : 15-05-2021 at 19:45.
Xanuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 01:28   #38
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peņa Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

I still remember how excited I was to get my #44 Pena card in the mail.
Going to miss you guys all.

DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 17:41   #39
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peņa Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Very sad news for me & an end of an era. As a Depor fan growing up in Jordan where I never met anyone else who support Depor this site was the only place where I read news and chat with other international fans. It’s part of my daily routine for at least 15 years to read the news, zapping, and visit the forum.

I remember this site helped me significantly to improve my English as it was the only way to communicate with other Depor fans. I had the pleasure to share this platform with you guys over the years and was fortunate to meet some of you in Poland, Hungary, Jordan, and Ireland. I also remember how helpful you guys been when I was planning my first match trip helping me with tickets, hotels and transportation ��

Thanks to all of you who stayed supporting Depor through this performance decline & I guess this is a goodbye to many of you ☹️ Happy to join on any social media to continue being in touch. Special thanks to Carlos, Leon and everyone contributed to maintain the site.

Lastly if there is still a chance to save this site and forum, I’m happy to donate on annual basis to maintain this site that means a lot to me, I saw many people on this thread and FB offering to donate as well so I really hope not to see this place disappears.
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2021, 08:00   #40
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Well, as my last comment here, it is time to say goodbye. It was a pleasure to meet all of you guys.
I'll badly miss to check the daily news, reading your forum comments and managing the prediciton games. For the admins, I would like to thank the magnificent work and effort to keep us continuously informed. It meant a lot to me.
Take care and most importantly Forza DEPOR!
Marci
Old 17-05-2021, 19:23   #41
babydepor
Almost Regular

babydepor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to babydepor Send a message via Yahoo to babydepor

Guys, i know it’s not easy to lose the platform that used to connect us for many years , but let’s just not make it as a final goodbye.
we have to keep our community alive, because we all know deep inside it hurts to say that Depor is not a club that attracts new generations anymore internationally (for now at least) and hopefully the better days are yet to come, for me the people Here in this forum feel like we’re survivors from the golden era ... we have supported our club no matter what and which division we’re playing , so let’s just do our best and keep the same community alive on different platforms.
but I’m still not sure which platform we’re going to use as a forum like this moving forward.
I am on Facebook and Instagram as “Zaven Kondjaian” please add me or let me join the group if we have any , and if we’re going to use a different platform let me know guys.
Forza Depor
babydepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 17:15   #42
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked, and it's been almost 6 years since my last post. That's just crazy. It's pure coincidence that I visited the website today, just in time to learn that it's ending.

Me "leaving" the forum wasn't even intentional. The forum had been down for a few weeks/months back in 2014, if I remember correctly. And one day, a few days after my last post in 2015, I couldn't enter the website anymore, it just said the page couldn't be found or something. I thought the same thing had happened again, as the site seemed to be down for quite a long time. Many months later, I bought a new laptop, and I was able to reach the website just fine. So I realised that the website had actually been accessible all along, there was just something wrong with my laptop or browser. Then I wasn't able to log in as I forgot my password, and since I had been absent for so long anyway, I basically left it at that.

A year or two later, I went to the website and remembered my old password without even having to think about it, somehow. But I didn't get around to post, unfortunately. Kinda feel bad about that now.

I have a lot of great memories of this place, but it seems like it went south really fast after our second relegation. Out of curiosity, just now I was looking up members like Michal, Barkoty, Fabian, Penguin, Benn, The DK Blanquiazul,... Some of them haven't logged in for ten years at this point. I can't help but wonder how all of them are doing, and if they're still supporting Depor, now that we're down in the gutter.

I actually speak Spanish quite fluently these days, so I've followed the news on riazor.org for years now. I don't have an active account there either, but I'm still as big of a fan of Depor as I was 15 years ago. I even bought two completely useless shares a few months ago, during the capital increase. About 0.0001% of the club is all mine now

I still watch our games every weekend, whenever I can. It's actually quite funny how easy it is to watch Segunda B games online. I remember dealing with countless atrocious streams from JustinTV and rojadirecta back in the day. Now I can watch Spanish third division in HD for free, no issues whatsoever.

I don't have any social media accounts, but I might just create a Reddit account to join the rest of you there. I think the forum also suffered simply due to the rise of platforms such as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter,... Also the fact that a lot of our more active members got older and ended up leaving to do other stuff, including me. When I was 16, I probably made around 20 posts per day here. And finally, I'm pretty sure Depor hasn't attracted a new foreign supporter in ten years or so... We're a dying breed.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you, and thank you for all the memories. I wouldn't be the fanatic Depor fan I am today if it hadn't been for this website, this forum and the fantastic people in here (even Filip and DepHun! ).
Old 18-05-2021, 21:00   #43
heidern
Administrator
Peņa Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you folks feel about discord?
I haven’t used it much but it seems like a lot of communities use it. (It’s free)

I don’t want to stop anyone from using FB but I just don’t use it because it doesn’t align with my values. If you want to give Discord a chance, I created a server you can join on https://discord.gg/DWe722hzcd

I have no idea if I will like it myself but I’m happy to try!
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2021, 08:12   #44
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Just checked, and it's been almost 6 years since my last post. That's just crazy. It's pure coincidence that I visited the website today, just in time to learn that it's ending.

Me "leaving" the forum wasn't even intentional. The forum had been down for a few weeks/months back in 2014, if I remember correctly. And one day, a few days after my last post in 2015, I couldn't enter the website anymore, it just said the page couldn't be found or something. I thought the same thing had happened again, as the site seemed to be down for quite a long time. Many months later, I bought a new laptop, and I was able to reach the website just fine. So I realised that the website had actually been accessible all along, there was just something wrong with my laptop or browser. Then I wasn't able to log in as I forgot my password, and since I had been absent for so long anyway, I basically left it at that.

A year or two later, I went to the website and remembered my old password without even having to think about it, somehow. But I didn't get around to post, unfortunately. Kinda feel bad about that now.

I have a lot of great memories of this place, but it seems like it went south really fast after our second relegation. Out of curiosity, just now I was looking up members like Michal, Barkoty, Fabian, Penguin, Benn, The DK Blanquiazul,... Some of them haven't logged in for ten years at this point. I can't help but wonder how all of them are doing, and if they're still supporting Depor, now that we're down in the gutter.

I actually speak Spanish quite fluently these days, so I've followed the news on riazor.org for years now. I don't have an active account there either, but I'm still as big of a fan of Depor as I was 15 years ago. I even bought two completely useless shares a few months ago, during the capital increase. About 0.0001% of the club is all mine now

I still watch our games every weekend, whenever I can. It's actually quite funny how easy it is to watch Segunda B games online. I remember dealing with countless atrocious streams from JustinTV and rojadirecta back in the day. Now I can watch Spanish third division in HD for free, no issues whatsoever.

I don't have any social media accounts, but I might just create a Reddit account to join the rest of you there. I think the forum also suffered simply due to the rise of platforms such as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter,... Also the fact that a lot of our more active members got older and ended up leaving to do other stuff, including me. When I was 16, I probably made around 20 posts per day here. And finally, I'm pretty sure Depor hasn't attracted a new foreign supporter in ten years or so... We're a dying breed.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you, and thank you for all the memories. I wouldn't be the fanatic Depor fan I am today if it hadn't been for this website, this forum and the fantastic people in here (even Filip and DepHun! ).

jajaja, nice to see you back
so see you back again, in 10 years or so

well, let's hope we can have some of the sparkle of the forum back in the new platforms, maybe yes, maybe not
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2021, 04:32   #45
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peņa Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

The website for me was always a start into the day, my home, it is like Instagram for my web browser I have always to check all the news first when I wake up, even though I'm quite lazy and didnīt write too much and didnīt sign in always, but yeah it became my life as a Depor fan.

Back in the days when there was not so much streaming and news from other Countries' football it was the best information on my side besides my English was never that good one. Actually, I will miss it a lot cause Iīm more a follower and reader than a writer. Once I opened a thread where I uploaded all Riazor.org Highlights they were uploading from Depor. I was obsessed to make my Depor Bibliothek. I uploaded them on a site to download and on youtube to watch, was an ******* work I had done. And back in the days, I didn't know that Youtube is for making money so time by the time they deleted my Videos from Youtube. Only one stayed it was the red card of Karpin against us. The video has more than 100k clicks and I still get sometimes a message from youtube that I should delete that Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJrPICp8c24 Crazy all I wanted to do is to save the videos like a legacy of Depor and not to make money.

Back in the days when I was young, I was addicted to football I was following every Top League in Europe, but Depor was always special. Even though all my friends choose a strong team in Fifa I always have chosen Depor and as they humiliated us sometimes, sometimes I achieved huge wins with, my great skills, when you know how to play Fifa doesn't matter the Team you choose

Years were passing as Depor was getting into trouble more and when you realize that football isn't anything in Life I stopped with the addiction from Football. Even in my own country Germany. I live for 3 years in an addicted country also with Argentina and Buenos Aires the Capital of Football in Southamerica but what really all matters is Depor... people ask me always River or Boca?? I tell them always none of them and that my real football club se fue a la mierda boludo. And if they are interested in continue they ask me and we end up talking about Lux, Duscher, Scaloni, and the Uruguayan Football cracks of Depor past.

It is hard to see Depor falling down, and for sure I got a lot of grey hairs because of them, but it is passion. I saw them 3 times in my life playing in front of me. The great friendly game 2011 in Berlin, around 2013/14 in Getafe a boring 0:0, and the strangest entertainment I had was walking back into the district of Madrid that was on every corner full of prostitutes and burning wood as it was winter they had to warm up themselves.... yeah but really strange...

Then my first game in Riazor and the 2:6 loss against Real Madrid. As a huge fan of German Lux, well Tyton made my day
I didn't even sit down and in the first minute, Luisinho made the mistake and Real scored. I would have gone to more games in my life, but yeah you canīt always choose where to live. Nowadays I could give it a try cause my Spanish now is even better than my English.
Maybe some old of you remember I once opened a thread in the off-topic forum. It was about a girl which I fall in love with and she rejected me.
Was quite entertaining for all of us and I shared my private things with all of us. However, things never run well and I deleted the Thread and lied that my mother died, and the girl was going at the end with me. Damn 15 Years later I feel still super ashamed. I remember I didnīt log in for one year and was a ghost reader, a crazy thing my password on this site is still in relation to this girl Wish I could turn back that one year and hang it on the end of 2022. But well all good things come to an end. Thanks to everybody for being a part of this amazing forum!!!!!

DEPORTIVO OLEEEEEEE

DEPORTIVO OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DEPORTIVO OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(without Grammarly this post wouldn't be possible...)

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR

Last edited by Diego Tristan : 20-05-2021 at 04:45.
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote