Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 21:22   #916
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Nice game . Exciting until the end with Forlan hitting the bar at the last second.
Old 10-07-2010, 21:40   #917
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

yes.. very gud game.. both teams have plenty to look forward.. congrats Germany..
Old 10-07-2010, 23:25   #918
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope Spain will have their passing game ready tomorrow. If they can pass it around for about two minutes, I'm sure Van Bommel will get annoyed and try to break someone's legs again I really expect him to get a red tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45   #919
hari

Peña Member

yes a red and a loong ban too...
Old 11-07-2010, 10:14   #920
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, Hari, my friend… I might have missed something, but I haven’t heard you about Felipe Melo in the Brazil vs Netherlands match. He was such a disgrace, that he had to enter Brazil separated from the other players. Dunga admitted that with that irrational behavior (and he knew about it), he was wrong to field him.

How about Dennis Aogo last night. He’s on your black list now? I don’t hear you about him.

I think you’re being very selective.

It’s funny there’s a debate here about an octopus being Nostradamus! LOL
Sorry to spoil your day Rik, but in 2008 the octopus predicted 2 of the 6 matches of Germany wrong (that's 1/3). Guess what? He got it wrong in the final!

Quote:
Nice line, Leon. I'm a neutral for this match, but I'd have to say that I'd hate to see a team/country win the WC Final just because the scales of justice need rebalancing.
I can’t escape the feeling that Ireland celebrated something when France were kicked out in such a disgraceful style! LOL… Justice was done.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:37   #921
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Spain have won 32 out of their 34 latest matches. Guess in which country they lost those 2 matches?

Spain are the fourth team to reach the final after having started with a loss. None of those teams won the final...

The Dutch and Spanish team haven't met each other on a European Championship or World Cup tournament. They only played three friendlies in the past 27 years, resulting in two Dutch wins and one draw.

This final match will be the first without Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Italy in it.

Here's former Dutch captain Ruud Gullit singing about South Africa in 1988: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDHiJqsQas

Quote:
ter so many occasions you have still not learnt the FIFA rules: small countries like Hun, Czechs, Holland, Portugal cannot win the WC.

It might be the rules of FIFA, but UEFA doesn't still have them. The Dutch team won the Euro 1988 tournament, and won against hosting nation Germany in the semi-finals. It led to the biggest fest in The Netherlands since 1945: http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=11236942

Last edited by Leon : 11-07-2010 at 11:48.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49   #922
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Well, Hari, my friend… I might have missed something, but I haven’t heard you about Felipe Melo in the Brazil vs Netherlands match. He was such a disgrace, that he had to enter Brazil separated from the other players. Dunga admitted that with that irrational behavior (and he knew about it), he was wrong to field him.

How about Dennis Aogo last night. He’s on your black list now? I don’t hear you about him.

I think you’re being very selective.
Leon, u might have noticed that there were many instances so far where i've not expressed my opinion thru the posts here.. many such incidents occurred in domestic leagues (EPL mostly) where i've chose to be silent.. that doesnt mean that i'm conveniently ignore them.. i dont like anybody doing that, cheating, diving, bone breaking tackles again and again.. dont know if u have seen my opinion on Riki for his diving for which there were few replies..

whether it is Aogo, Melo or Van Bommel its not football and i firmly believe it.. I've started disliking Van Bommel from his days with Barca itself.. u can go back to our past years' La Liga threads if you want, to know the same .. also u might have forgot one or two more names i wrote with Van Bommel which were not even Europeans..
btw, i've not blacklisted Aogo yet, i need to see more of him if possible to know his attitude while playing football.. nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes but when it is repeating its not hard to understand what he is trying on the pitch..
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49   #923
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Your game approach is great, Hari. I respect that. And I'm not going to defend Van Bommel's attitude. He'll be the first oponnents will dislike.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...land-world-cup

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...rk-van-bommel1

Quote of this author: Many English dislike him. But it's part of the game. The truth is dat in Engeland we'd commit a murder for such a player

Last edited by Leon : 11-07-2010 at 12:54.
Old 11-07-2010, 13:56   #924
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I am with Hari on this Leon, Van Bommel doesn't deserve to play this final and is a disgrace for the people that like to watch good football. And I can't believe you are defending him arguing that there were other dirty players on this World Cup. Of course there were other "rude" guys, but those rude guys were punished, even Dennis Aogo, who was booked last night though was deserving a red card.

And Van Bommel? he has crashed legs all over the place and not a single yellow for him! that's unnaceptable.

About the final, I really don't have a favourite team, but will love to see The Netherlands giving the surprise.
Old 11-07-2010, 15:26   #925
hari

Peña Member

oh, i desperately needed someone to support me to argue against the mighty Leon, thanks Carlos
Old 11-07-2010, 16:36   #926
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Now, Vamos Espana!!!

Old 11-07-2010, 17:01   #927
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

I never said that Van Bommel didn't deserve a card or anything! He deserved several of them. So if that's the point, than I'm completely with you guys. My point is that, overall, he's not the only player who played rude this tournament. And legbreaking efforts like Aogo and Melo, although it may have been 'incidents', don't get attention here. Anyway, that's it for now.

Who's going to support David Villa tonight, eternal enemy of Depor?

In 1628 Dutch pirates conquered the Spanish silver fleet. Now they will return the silver!

Last edited by Leon : 11-07-2010 at 17:08.
Old 11-07-2010, 17:15   #928
hari

Peña Member

Vamos Spain!! Vamos Villa.. i hope he'll finish as the topscorer..
Old 11-07-2010, 17:45   #929
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Who's going to support David Villa tonight, eternal enemy of Depor?

Not me
Hup Holland hup!!
Old 11-07-2010, 19:16   #930
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Vamos España