Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > The Fan Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Fan Forum The perfect place to arrange match meet-ups, post your photos, videos, wallpaper designs, animations and other stuff related to Deportivo La Coruña.

Old 12-04-2013, 15:47   #766
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
the boys need my individual support on away matches much more, than in the fully packed Riazor. realisticly because of the travel-costs and possibilities between Madrid and A Coruna . Otherwise, if you are able to go to an away match to Madrid or mainly to Barcelona, the local penas of Deportivo are un-imaginably good. From George I heard, that hundreds from the Pena Deportivista de Barcelona are going for the Levante game this week-end.
Four peñas are traveling to Levante, including the one of Barcelona, the four of them decided to be together at the stadium
Old 12-04-2013, 16:36   #767
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Four peñas are traveling to Levante, including the one of Barcelona, the four of them decided to be together at the stadium
brilliant
Old 17-04-2013, 18:52   #768
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just discovered that every two days, there's a bus that drives from Brussels straight to A Coruña. Still 240 Euros, and it of course takes a much longer time than by going by airplane (it's a 28 hour bus ride), but it's still a hell of a lot cheaper. The cheapest plane tickets I've found to and from A Coruña, are around 500 Euros. It's ridiculous. I can lower that amount to around 300 euros if I fly to Vigo, Santiago or even Porto, but then of course you still need to pay for a bus or train to A Coruña, which easily adds around 100 Euros anyway, and it's a lot of extra hassle.

The day I finally go to A Coruña, I'm taking the damn bus
Old 17-04-2013, 19:01   #769
Martin
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Photo from my phone after the 0-4 win at Levante

Next match last match of the season

for a look at our shirt evolution / new site uploaded
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 07:52   #770
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice you were there Martin, also nice to seeing you around
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 10:57   #771
lottery loverat
Occasional Member

lottery loverat is on a distinguished road

After four away games (Arsenal, Real Madrid, Valencia, West Ham) Im finally going to La Coruna!. Unfortunately its going to be in mid July

Going on a hugely reduced price cruise holiday which pops in on the way from England to the Western Mediterranean. So a few questions need to be asked:

1/ Do the cruise ships berth very far from the Riazor?
2/ Will the club shop be open?
3/ Do the club do tours of the Riazor?

Ill ask some more questions later about places to go and things to see and bars to visit and restaurants to eat in but the important stuff needs to be attended to first
lottery loverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 16:32   #772
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
...but then of course you still need to pay for a bus or train to A Coruña, which easily adds around 100 Euros anyway, and it's a lot of extra hassle...

Greg, I always fly into Santiago. On the rare occasions when our good friends from A Coruna aren't available to pick us up at the airport and drive us to directly to the Riazor Hotel, we get a bus into train station in Santiago and then it's 45 minutes to A Coruna from there and the trains leave every hour. The full cost of getting to A Coruna from Santiago airport comes to less than €20 as far as I can recall. The train fare is about €7.50Euro and it's a really nice, comfortable journey. So no excuses, as soon as the calendar is published for next season, book that flight!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 16:51   #773
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottery loverat
1/ Do the cruise ships berth very far from the Riazor?
2/ Will the club shop be open?
3/ Do the club do tours of the Riazor?...

Do the cruise ships berth very far from the Riazor?
I’d guess that it’s about a 3.5km walk from the port to the Riazor stadium. You could try to walk through the Old Town to get there, but my advice would be to either get a taxi (probably about €6 euro) or better still, get the old-style tram all the way around the headland from the port to the stadium (starting point is the port area and the end point is right outside the Riazor) The tram should be running in mid-July and costs €2-3 euros.

Will the club shop be open?
Not sure if Deportienda will be open then, but pre-season starts around that time (mid-July), so it might be open with the new merchandise. Beware though, it’s pricey in there! Maybe Xose could help with this?

Do the club do tours of the Riazor?
You might have to contact the Club Offices directly to find out if there are tours on the date you arrive. My guess is that because it’s the off-season and if you are there at the weekend, there’s little chance of it. But you may just get to sneak in at one of the gates. Make sure to wear your Depor shirt to have any chance! Again though, maybe Xose would have more info than me.

EDIT: What date(s) will you be in A Coruna?

Last edited by Rack : 23-04-2013 at 16:56.
Old 24-04-2013, 13:28   #774
Blue_Nation
Veteran
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

3.5 km, Kevin? A Coruña is not that big, 3.5 km in any direction and you are out of the city.

Do the cruise ships berth very far from the Riazor?
It's not very far, about 1.5 km, a mile from there, just a 15 minutes walk. In this link you can locate the stadium, the port is on the right.
http://www.canaldeportivo.com/club/e...situacion.html

Btw, the old style tram that Kevin said is also a fantastic idea, and you'll enjoy a longer but more comfortable travel along the coast with beatiful views.

Will the club shop be open?
About Deportienda, it's open mondays to saturdays from 10.30 to 14.00 and from 17.00 to 20.30. Not sure if they change it in summer, but I guess it should be open the same, as it's usually the time of more activity, with the sales of the new shirts for next season.

Do the club do tours of the Riazor?
Individual visits are on saturdays, 13:00 h, at gate 27 (over the Deportienda, image in the link), 4 euros/person. For more information, doubts, to show your interest or confirm the visit, you can contact them on phone number(mobile): +34 608 084 705 or e-mail: deporcultura@canaldeportivo.com

http://www.canaldeportivo.com/club/e...isita_ndv.html
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 16:13   #775
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
3.5 km, Kevin? A Coruña is not that big, 3.5 km in any direction and you are out of the city. ..

Of course you're right - it's not as far as 3.5km if you walk through the Old Town. I'd still think it's closer to 2km though, Xose!

When I said 3.5km, I was thinking of the walk all around the promenade (along the path of the tram I mentioned earlier) from the Riazor to the Port area (passing by the Tower of Hercules) and I forgot to change the calculation! I've done that walk a few times and it's a killer after a night on the Estrellas and Havana Clubs! Come to think of it now, it must be closer to 3.5 miles than 3.5kms...
Old 24-04-2013, 22:57   #776
lottery loverat
Occasional Member

lottery loverat is on a distinguished road

Ill be there on July 15th. Itll probably be too hot for my wooly Depor hat bought outside the Bernabau.
I think the adidas Depor collarless Feiraco shirt will be the one taken on holiday.
Cant wait.
lottery loverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:21   #777
Riazor
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Riazor is on a distinguished road

Actually, wouldn't it be a great idea to bundle all the very useful information found in this thread, in a single post which is easily found/accessible for visitors?
Riazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47   #778
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor
Actually, wouldn't it be a great idea to bundle all the very useful information found in this thread, in a single post which is easily found/accessible for visitors?

Good idea Riazor! How long do you think it will take for you to get it done?

30/Apr/2013: 14h12: Deportivo: La Liga has released the dates for matchday 35 at Primera División: Depor will visit Real Valladolid on Saturday, May 11 (18h00 CET). Valladolid will give 1,500 tickets to Deportivo, but at leat 3,000 fans are planning to make the trip for the game.

I've heard that even more fans will travel to this game than the one against Sporting a couple of years ago. Hopefully not with the same outcome! A road trip to die for and anyone who has a chance should definitely fly to A Coruna and travel with the fans to this match.
Old 01-05-2013, 13:48   #779
Riazor
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Riazor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Good idea Riazor! How long do you think it will take for you to get it done?

Probably as long as it takes Depor to become debt-free
But, who knows... I may try and help out
Riazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 20:12   #780
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I might make an appearance for the first home game of the season.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote