Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2010, 19:34   #631
AP
Veteran

Peña Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP

OK Vamos Chile! Unbelievable but supporting Brazil would look like a pure gloryhunting!
Old 28-06-2010, 20:42   #632
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

this is probably the weakest Brazil side (generation) i can remember watching...
Old 28-06-2010, 21:29   #633
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

So far, Brazil is way superior to anyone else! They are the only team to win quality rivals, like Ivory Coast and Chile with such an ease
Old 28-06-2010, 23:01   #634
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted By deporiginal
I never said they were playing like Switzerland or something, I just said they were playing very defensively for a team that actually needs to score two goals. Which I think is something you can't deny. And all I'm saying is that it was the logical thing for Algeria to do. The England game was an entirely different game and doesn't have anything to do with this. The fact that Algeria made a bunch of shots from the halfway line doesn't really matter all that much.

How many goals did Algeria score this World Cup? Zilch. So excuse me for thinking that a far from finished chance would have ended up in goal That happened after USA's cancelled goal as well, making it even less important.
So, Algeria missed the first big chance of the game... USA missed the next 5/6 or so big chances of the game. Each time they missed a chance, I could also start saying that would've changed the game. A missed chance is a missed chance, nothing more. And I still stand by my opinion that an Algerian goal wouldn't have changed that much to the game, compared to an American strike.

I simply disagree here. An early goal (I'm talking about the incorrectly cancelled goal here) would've given confidence to the USA, plus they wouldn't have had the stress of being forced to score anymore. Besides that, the game would've become a lot more open for them. Altidore's speed was a menace for Algeria during the entire game already. Of course they're not world class strikers, but surely an early strike for the USA could've meant that they would have banged in a few more as soon as Algeria ran out of hope. Look at North Korea, as soon as they conceded the second one, they collapsed. Yeah, that was against Portugal, but that doesn't quite matter much. I've seen small teams humiliating the big boys plenty of times. If USA takes the lead and is able to score another one before ht, anything's possible. This of course is totally irrelevant though, so let's just leave it at tha
t.

Even you can't say that just because Algeria didn't score any goal because if you followed Algeria matches, the problem was not a matter of finishing actions, it was a creation problem because we were attacking with less people than what is supposed to be, and if I understand the coach being cautious against a clearly superior side like England although they were bad..there was no excuses to not attack with a reasonable number of men the other two matches..

A goal for either side could have meant more confidence to the side leading, not only for USA and although one goal wouldn't have been enough it was a step closer and more pressure to the opponent...
And hey, there were not more than 4 chances for USA..

Quote:
Originally Posted By deporiginal
I'm sure you have plenty of reasons to dislike the coach and stuff, all I was saying is that I don't think you could blame him tactically for this World Cup. Ah, I love these conversations

What could be your reaction if your NT coach in a position like Algeria's playing for everything against USA, need a 2-0 win to pass the round and after a scoreless first half, instead of putting more offensive people to play all your chances, his subs were an attacker for another, a defensive midfielder for an offensive midfielder (!!!), and finally an attacker for another in the 85th minutes?? Does this deserve praise?

And this is just a little about this "coach"....

Last edited by dj-origenal : 29-06-2010 at 18:14.
Old 28-06-2010, 23:23   #635
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

can you both Originals book a room somewhere?
Old 28-06-2010, 23:27   #636
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

my thoughts:
the final is gonna be played soon: Germany-Argentinia

The second tier teams: Brazil, Spain and Holland
IF.... Spain survives Portugal! 60-40
Old 28-06-2010, 23:53   #637
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with ggeorg. I haven't seen anyone as strong in all departments as them. Admittedly, they don't look as good offensively as many previous Brazil's but for me, they look the most likely to win.

Argentina looked pretty good but I'm still not 100% convinced about their defence. Germany looked good but none of their opponents were in anyway impressive and I don't think they've properly been tested. Holland looked good in spells and Robben is a big plus for them but they arent ruthless enough in front of goal. Spain play some pretty football but with the exception of Villa, look pretty impotent in front of goal.
The Portuguese banged in 7 against a woeful N.Korea but looked pretty uninspired against Ivory Coast and it's hard to take anything from the boredraw with Brazil.
So, I fancy Brazil or possibly Argentina to take the cup but you only need 1 bad game to get dumped out.
Old 29-06-2010, 01:08   #638
borinho

borinho is on a distinguished road

yeah this brazil haven't any samba&joke inside them only desire to win.
they're the strongest. if you just take a look on j.baptista you'll know everything
Old 29-06-2010, 05:58   #639
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

I'm scared this Portugal match might be like the game against Italy at Euro 2008. Italy defended well and Camoranesi really could've snatched an unjust winner. A similar match could unfold here.
Old 29-06-2010, 11:29   #640
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

my conspic. theory: the FIFA reserves the 2014 WC for Brasil to win
this is the time of the winner of Argentina-AdidasGermany. and as no European team has ever won a WC outside the old-continent...
La Vida Tombola
Old 29-06-2010, 13:35   #641
zOrg

zOrg is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
and as no European team has ever won a WC outside the old-continent...

I think its time for it or?
Maybe a nice final Germany - Holland but i think Argentina or Germany will take the Cup!
Old 29-06-2010, 13:56   #642
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

So wait... NOW Sepp Blatter suddenly wants to rethink the use of video technology? What, did he expect this World Cup to pass without any trouble? What an idiot.

And I still can't see Argentina winning this World Cup to be honest. I could be wrong, but I'd be incredibly surprised. I'm still not on board with Maradonna's tactical abilities...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
can you both Originals book a room somewhere?
If you don't care, why read it? I'll remember this for the next time you yourself are rambling on about something

Anyway dj, if I were to respond on that again, I'd just be repeating myself. I still believe using more men upfront would've been suicide for Algeria. USA was CLEARLY in command. Stacking up strikers when you hardly ever get the ball forward is pretty useless, especially for an already fragile team, but that's just me of course.

Last edited by deporiginal : 29-06-2010 at 14:03.
Old 29-06-2010, 14:43   #643
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
If you don't care, why read it?

I didn't it just makes me scroll too much
Old 29-06-2010, 14:55   #644
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Japan!!

Go Matsui!!

oh, what a strike!!
Is this the one, that Leo will get for free?

Last edited by ggeorg : 29-06-2010 at 15:21.
Old 29-06-2010, 15:22   #645
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Nice shot from Matsui
Closed Thread