Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 02-04-2007, 15:59   #796
Scary
Beginner

Scary is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Scary

I see that many of u are wrong about the image of Caparros here in Spain or in Galicia... People likes Capa because he always face interwievers, answered any kind of question (except on his future) and he´s "a man of village", I mean, he never thougt that he is the best coach, like Capello...

Do u like Madrid´s game?? no? but Madrid is 5 points far from the Liga leader... Capa never promised good football, only fight and efford... we don´t have money to buy players, realise that!
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 16:09   #797
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary
I see that many of u are wrong about the image of Caparros here in Spain or in Galicia... People likes Capa because he always face interwievers, answered any kind of question (except on his future) and he´s "a man of village", I mean, he never thougt that he is the best coach, like Capello...

Do u like Madrid´s game?? no? but Madrid is 5 points far from the Liga leader... Capa never promised good football, only fight and efford... we don´t have money to buy players, realise that!

Caparros also said that the way football is played doesn't matter anymore, people are only interested in results.
What results?

The guy is, in my humble opinion, an idiot. His declarations result often in polemic. His tactics are laughable.

But everyone wants him to stay cause he is great with youngters!! Sure he is. Give me the name of one youngster who really proved to be an important player this year for Depor. Don't say Adrian, as he rarely plays. Don't say Cristian, as he's just an average player at the moment. So who's left? Verdu? I'm not saying those guys don't have lots of potential, cause they do, but the potential just isn't translated into results at the moment. If Caparros was really great with youngsters, we should be seeing a bit more results. Look at the line-up against Barca. Aouate, Capdevila, Coloccini, Lopo, Andrade, Juan Rodriguez, Estoyanoff and Riki. Those aren't youngsters. Only Adrian played a decent game. Verdu was simply bad, and Cristian was, well, meh.

Last edited by deporiginal : 02-04-2007 at 16:12.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 16:28   #798
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

nobody mentions Arbeloa anymore? He is the best youngster and we GAVE him away (for peanuts). Like this it's hard to be judged if anything good must leave asap...
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 16:47   #799
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
nobody mentions Arbeloa anymore? He is the best youngster and we GAVE him away (for peanuts). Like this it's hard to be judged if anything good must leave asap...

He was the only youngster who impressed, and we gave him away. What's the point in having a team based around the use of youngsters if we simply let them go when they finally start playing well.

I simply have the feeling that this Babydepor isn't going anywhere.
Old 02-04-2007, 16:51   #800
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Caparros also said that the way football is played doesn't matter anymore, people are only interested in results.
What results?

The guy is, in my humble opinion, an idiot. His declarations result often in polemic. His tactics are laughable.

But everyone wants him to stay cause he is great with youngters!! Sure he is. Give me the name of one youngster who really proved to be an important player this year for Depor. Don't say Adrian, as he rarely plays. Don't say Cristian, as he's just an average player at the moment. So who's left? Verdu? I'm not saying those guys don't have lots of potential, cause they do, but the potential just isn't translated into results at the moment. If Caparros was really great with youngsters, we should be seeing a bit more results. Look at the line-up against Barca. Aouate, Capdevila, Coloccini, Lopo, Andrade, Juan Rodriguez, Estoyanoff and Riki. Those aren't youngsters. Only Adrian played a decent game. Verdu was simply bad, and Cristian was, well, meh.

That post clearly shows that you want to get back in CL as fast as possible. Did you expect Capa to come here to make world stars which clubs like Chelsea etc. would buy for $$$ already? Or did you expect us to win the league? Young players need time to develop. We bought segunda talents, not talents like Rooney and Messi. Both Capa and our youngsters need time. I've noticed that people don't get that.
I can't stop using Arsene Wenger as an example. He was in Arsenal a long time before they became one of the best teams in Europe. Arsenal gave him time and were patient, something lots of other clubs aren't. Give Capa a couple of more seasons, and let's take it from there.
Patience is in my opinion the key word to success.
Old 02-04-2007, 17:17   #801
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn
That post clearly shows that you want to get back in CL as fast as possible. Did you expect Capa to come here to make world stars which clubs like Chelsea etc. would buy for $$$ already? Or did you expect us to win the league? Young players need time to develop. We bought segunda talents, not talents like Rooney and Messi. Both Capa and our youngsters need time. I've noticed that people don't get that.
I can't stop using Arsene Wenger as an example. He was in Arsenal a long time before they became one of the best teams in Europe. Arsenal gave him time and were patient, something lots of other clubs aren't. Give Capa a couple of more seasons, and let's take it from there.
Patience is in my opinion the key word to success.

Who's talking about Champions League??? I'm aware of the fact that Depor probably won't be playing CL in the next decade to come. I'm talking about how we play football! I'd hate to see Depor playing this travesty of a football game for the following years. Even Nastic plays more attractive football than us. We're by far the most boring team to watch in La Liga this year. 70% of our wins are based on luck. There are only like 3 wins this year of which we can say, we deserved this. Caparros has a defensive style, so be it, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that watching grass grow is more exciting than watching Depor's football. The worst thing is, I'm not seeing any improvement.

I agree, patience is the key word to success. But not like this! How can you have improvement with a coach like this, combined with the fact that we'll lose about all our key players this summer? We can start from zero again, and with Caparros as a coach, it takes a loooong time till things get better.
Old 02-04-2007, 17:44   #802
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Quote:
Who's talking about Champions League??? I'm aware of the fact that Depor probably won't be playing CL in the next decade to come. I'm talking about how we play football! I'd hate to see Depor playing this travesty of a football game for the following years. Even Nastic plays more attractive football than us. We're by far the most boring team to watch in La Liga this year. 70% of our wins are based on luck. There are only like 3 wins this year of which we can say, we deserved this. Caparros has a defensive style, so be it, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that watching grass grow is more exciting than watching Depor's football. The worst thing is, I'm not seeing any improvement.

I agree, patience is the key word to success. But not like this! How can you have improvement with a coach like this, combined with the fact that we'll lose about all our key players this summer? We can start from zero again, and with Caparros as a coach, it takes a loooong time till things get better.

First of all: How many of Nastic's matches did you watch?

I agree, we play defensive, but we did that with Irureta aswell. The main difference is that we had the players to score goals, and do the deadly counter attaks(Makaay, Tristan at his best, Luque, Fran etc). We simply don't have the players to be an attack minded team yet.
As you see, our defence is experienced players, where some of the plays for the national team: Aouate, Andrade, Coloccini, Capdevila, De Guzman, Duscher. Our defence is great, and doesn't need any improvement at the moment.
We thought we had great strikers/offensive players before the season, but apparently we haven't. We had big expactations to Riki + Valeron and Bodipo are injuried and that's one of the reasons why our attacking part lacks behind the defensive one. We play defensively because it's our strongest side. When we get the right players, trust me, we'll start playing what you call "attractive football".
Old 02-04-2007, 17:44   #803
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
What results?
I must admit that Caparrós is annoying sometimes, but we also have to realise that Lendoiro gave to him a squad with a bunch of kids, so we can't ask for results, at least not on this season.
Old 02-04-2007, 18:26   #804
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

I watched two games of Nastic

Benn, I'm just wondering why people, like you, keep defending Caparros. You keep saying we need to have patience. But have you guys ever noticed the mistakes Caparros makes? Yes, it takes time to build a team, but it's partially due to his tactical errors that this improvement gets prevented. You always take about patience, but I don't think you ever mentioned the mistakes the guy makes. You always reply that we should have patience, that everything will change for the good after a while. Are you expecting that Caparros will suddenly turn into a tactical genius after one or two years? It's like Capello at Madrid. It's not because he did good at Juve, that he'll do good at Madrid. Madrid also needs patience, but they have to have that patience with a different coach, just like we do. I'm not saying a new coach will do miracles. He'll need time to build something just like Caparros. After these two years with Caparros at the helm, it should be clear he's just not the man we need. Next year, our team will probably look very different again. Caparros will have to start the season figuring out a way to let that team work. As we've all seen, it just takes too long till he figures it out.

And Carlos, I just don't get how you can call Aouate, Manuel Pablo, Coloccini, Capdevila, Lopo, Duscher, Andrade, Riki, Juan Rodriguez, Estoyanoff,... kids.

Last edited by deporiginal : 02-04-2007 at 18:29.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 18:47   #805
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

you have to see the bigger picture, deporginal.. noone is defending capa blindly.. he has commited several errors, his tactics are sometimes poor, thats all ok.. but he is not a coach who has tons of experience in la liga.. and when he started managing sevilla, youngsters were never used in all positions.. our youth system is still not full-fledged and it will require some more time to use more scouts and others.. using youngsters shud always be done very slowly, otherwise, it cud destroy their career.. still we have seen several youngsters debuting for depor in the last two years, say adrian lopez(2), ruben rivera, xisco, ivan carril, iago etc.. one thing that shud be mentioned in the number os signings that we made this year.. that was ust too many and even the coach was not familiar with all these players who were mostly young.. i can understand his situation where you dont know how much a player can offer and that multiplies when there are too many of them.. thats the reason why he did not have to use so much of Fabril..
there are always two sides, so let us look more at the bright side.. Irureta managed us for 7 years and he did great not only because of him, but also of some great players.. he never used a single Fabril player and never supported them.. had he done that, we wud at least have some gud youngsters who could have been quality subs and would not have costed anything.. capa makes some stupid comments and tactics sometimes, but nevertheless he has the courage to give chances to unknown players..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 19:00   #806
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Quote:
I watched two games of Nastic

Benn, I'm just wondering why people, like you, keep defending Caparros. You keep saying we need to have patience. But have you guys ever noticed the mistakes Caparros makes? Yes, it takes time to build a team, but it's partially due to his tactical errors that this improvement gets prevented. You always take about patience, but I don't think you ever mentioned the mistakes the guy makes. You always reply that we should have patience, that everything will change for the good after a while. Are you expecting that Caparros will suddenly turn into a tactical genius after one or two years? It's like Capello at Madrid. It's not because he did good at Juve, that he'll do good at Madrid. Madrid also needs patience, but they have to have that patience with a different coach, just like we do. I'm not saying a new coach will do miracles. He'll need time to build something just like Caparros. After these two years with Caparros at the helm, it should be clear he's just not the man we need. Next year, our team will probably look very different again. Caparros will have to start the season figuring out a way to let that team work. As we've all seen, it just takes too long till he figures it out.

And Carlos, I just don't get how you can call Aouate, Manuel Pablo, Coloccini, Capdevila, Lopo, Duscher, Andrade, Riki, Juan Rodriguez, Estoyanoff,... kids.

Of course Capa makes mistakes.. Everyone makes mistakes. It's hard for Capa to go out and play well, with the players that we've got. Most of our players are young and not experienced, and Capa is experimenting with the tactics which I think we should let him do. We got 13 new players or so, and with such a large number of new players he's forced to do some changes during the matches, which in the long run will result in a lot of stupid mistakes, but also great moves. Latest example of that: Adrian against Barca.
I'm not saying Capa has done a fantastic job, I'm just saying we should give him more time.

Last edited by Benn : 02-04-2007 at 19:02.
Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 19:31   #807
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn
Of course Capa makes mistakes.. Everyone makes mistakes. It's hard for Capa to go out and play well, with the players that we've got. Most of our players are young and not experienced, and Capa is experimenting with the tactics which I think we should let him do. We got 13 new players or so, and with such a large number of new players he's forced to do some changes during the matches, which in the long run will result in a lot of stupid mistakes, but also great moves. Latest example of that: Adrian against Barca.
I'm not saying Capa has done a fantastic job, I'm just saying we should give him more time.

He is experimenting with tactics? It took him half a season to realise the system he was using simply didn't work. He kept using the same line-up, he kept repeating the same mistakes. I don't call that experimenting, I call it systematic bumbling.

How can you call Adrian a good sub this weekend, when Riki shouldn't have started in the first place? Riki has been crap, while Adrian was leaving a good image last month. If Rijkaard puts Ronaldinho on the bench, and he gets him on the field at minute 60 and he scores, does that make it a good move?? Ronaldinho isn't to be compared with Adrian, but you get the point. I wonder what you'll be saying next year, when half of our defense will be gone, and when we'll be in exact the same spot as we are right now, or maybe an even worse spot. Still gonna say Caparros needs more time? The only thing that seperates us with the relegation spots right now is luck. I also think this BabyDepor is being exaggerated by many people. Like I said, the main bulk of the players he uses already have experience enough.
Old 02-04-2007, 19:55   #808
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Quote:
He is experimenting with tactics? It took him half a season to realise the system he was using simply didn't work. He kept using the same line-up, he kept repeating the same mistakes. I don't call that experimenting, I call it systematic bumbling.

How can you call Adrian a good sub this weekend, when Riki shouldn't have started in the first place? Riki has been crap, while Adrian was leaving a good image last month. If Rijkaard puts Ronaldinho on the bench, and he gets him on the field at minute 60 and he scores, does that make it a good move?? Ronaldinho isn't to be compared with Adrian, but you get the point. I wonder what you'll be saying next year, when half of our defense will be gone, and when we'll be in exact the same spot as we are right now, or maybe an even worse spot. Still gonna say Caparros needs more time? The only thing that seperates us with the relegation spots right now is luck. I also think this BabyDepor is being exaggerated by many people. Like I said, the main bulk of the players he uses already have experience enough.

He was a good sub because he came in, scored and made our play better. Adrian is not better than Riki IMO, but that's another story. I don't think there's any was that we are going to come up with an agreement.
The thing that makes our opinions different is that you think Capa have had enough time and I think we should give him some more. Still, nice with someone disagreeing with me, as that gives the best discussions. If you still want to discuss this, let's do it MSN , but as I said before. We'll never come to an agreement.
Old 02-04-2007, 20:00   #809
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just point out that while some people seem to be thinking that Adrian's introduction was a masterstroke by Caparros, how many of those were dissapointed that he was bought on for another striker.

We were 2-0 down at the time and rather than play 2 up front and really go for it, we continued with 1 upfront and I know I wasn't the only one dissapointed with that. Full credit for Adrian for taking his opportunity but with regards to Capparos, I think Adrian's goal just papered over the cracks that are his tactics.
Old 02-04-2007, 20:05   #810
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
I knew you will say that
That's the half of the squad, but what about the other half: Verdú, Cristian, Baragán, Adrián, Rivera...
If we were playing with 11 rookies, we would be sharing a place with Nástic. But we are in mid-table thanks to this combination of 'veterans' and 'rookies' and I'm afraid that next season will be exactly like this one.