Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 07-03-2004, 08:45   #1
lake

lake is off the scale
Default Depor's attacking

Guys,I'm really afraid of our attacking now.I think that depor's attacking style has changed.In the past,we can move the ball quickly,and has a good formation of attacking, Valeron is near the box to creat chances for the striker.But now, Valeon's postion is more back,I always see he get the ball far away from the box,pass 1 or 2 defenders,and cross the ball to the side,and Luque or Victor make a long ball into the box.But in fact,we dont have good player for head(maybe pandiani is good,but he always on the bench),so we cant find good ways to score!How can we resolve this problem?
lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:40   #2
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

absolutely .........right.
i think the reason is......we have speedy wingers like victor and luque....

Our striking problem let our Liga hope down....might also could end CL hope this week.....

Tristan....i think....totally become a different player
and never be the same....( dont like to say he is finished.....)

No way we can resolve the problem.....untill we get
player like Ronaldo/NistolRUI/Henry.......those who are confident in air also in ground.........and all ways make some room to receive pass.....not like just standing in front 4 defenders and watch the game......(Like Tristan dose nowadays).
Old 07-03-2004, 13:04   #3
Jorge
Legend
Peña Member

Jorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Jorge Send a message via Yahoo to Jorge Send a message via Skype™ to Jorge

I think all this striking Problems we got since Seasons Halftime should easily be recoverable by TRAINING!!!!
Train more Standards (Corners and Freekick situations), we need to convert more of these into chances!!!
Train more playing in the box!!! Tristan needs to become much more confident when having the ball in front of the goal...
And Luque needs desperately some crossing Training, his late passes into the box weren't that good...

--
La Liga 2005/2006 Quinela Winner
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 14:31   #4
lake

lake is off the scale

We always discuss wheher Pandiani or Tristain should be the starter.But its not the key to the problem!Because whoever of them on the pitch,he cant get chance to score as past.I think the way to recover the problem is to change our attacking style back!
Old 07-03-2004, 14:34   #5
freakyy

Peña Member

freakyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to freakyy

I don't think their is a real problem, just out of shape... Jorge, Luque have the most asists of Depor(if I'm right) that's not the problem, just no luck, and a Tristan how play really shittie... first he created his own changes, now he need the ball 1 meter for the goal to score...
freakyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 14:42   #6
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

It doesn't work when Tristán starts and it doesn't work when Pandiani starts. We should try Luque as our striker and put Munitis or Fran on the wing. Now we have time to try different solutions in La Liga. We won't win this year, that's for sure. We just have to remain in the first 4 places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge
Train more Standards (Corners and Freekick situations), we need to convert more of these into chances!!!
You have a point Jorge. We only have one good header on corners and freekicks, Pandiani. When Djalminha and Fran don't play (which is almost every match) we don't have any good corner-taker or freekick-taker. Luque shoots great but only hard, no good precision.
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 14:55   #7
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

wings and crosses have never been deportivo's main strenght( correct me if wrong)......depor always comfortable playing in ground......in the middle of the pitch.....and we get lot of success playing that way
Old 07-03-2004, 15:11   #8
lake

lake is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip14
wings and crosses have never been deportivo's main strenght( correct me if wrong)......depor always comfortable playing in ground......in the middle of the pitch.....and we get lot of success playing that way
Yes,thats what I want to say!
Old 07-03-2004, 15:19   #9
Alone_Girl
Beginner

Alone_Girl is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Alone_Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Alone_Girl

I miss season 2000-2001 and 2001-2002. those were the days when Depor was making me the happiest person in the world. I know it's not right to live with the past, but Depor can never be the same again. it can be worse or better, but not that team. That was a miracle. And now i just wish that Pandiani, Tristan, Luque or someone else, will try to do something different than the game against Monaco or Valencia.
Old 07-03-2004, 15:23   #10
Navy

Navy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Navy

pandiani is better as a substitute
and i think luque's crosses is good but our striker only cannot converted that into a goal
and sergio always take a long shot but his shoot always go well wide
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 15:40   #11
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone_Girl
I miss season 2000-2001 and 2001-2002. those were the days when Depor was making me the happiest person in the world. I know it's not right to live with the past, but Depor can never be the same again. it can be worse or better, but not that team. That was a miracle. And now i just wish that Pandiani, Tristan, Luque or someone else, will try to do something different than the game against Monaco or Valencia.
Depor isn't worse than in those previous season, they are better. In every season we have problems, every team has. Added that to the bad luck we're having, you might see this season as a failure but in fact we have a better team than 2-3 seasons ago
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 17:55   #12
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

lake wrote
Quote:
Valeron is near the box to creat chances for the striker.But now, Valeon's postion is more back,I always see he get the ball far away from the box,pass 1 or 2 defenders,and cross the ball to the side,and Luque or Victor make a long ball into the box.

This is so true.i saw this when we played barca and a few other games i watched. in barca game when djalma came on it was a difference because he past 1 or 2 then passed and ran in position near the box.valeron did the same but took a step back after passing like a central midfielder.Sergio should be donig and let valeron do what djalma did.

dip14 wrote:
Quote:
No way we can resolve the problem.....untill we get
player like Ronaldo/NistolRUI/Henry.......those who are confident in air also in ground
We had this with makaay. In two game this week and last week with bayern he scored a rocket volley and 2 headers.also a header against madrid.and i keep wishing he was still with us.

Jorge is also right about the training.corners dont even connect to anyones head anymore.that not good enough.we should be getting atleast half a chance from each corner.they are free kicks after all meaning free opportunites and no pressure to deliver a good cross.

ElkholmSWE wrote:
Quote:
We should try Luque as our striker and put Munitis or Fran on the wing
Yes yes yes.it seemed we tried luque as striker against valencia but now no left players.
What logic is that why buy munitis and dont use him.and also have the best and most experienced on the team and dont use him.fran should play atleast 45 minutes in each game.he is too skillfull. its humiliating to be beaten 3-0 by valencia.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 19:29   #13
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ruben, Ruben....let's wait for Ruben! He is good player & I'm sure next season he'll become our leader! He playes well in Las Palmas.
Old 07-03-2004, 19:59   #14
lake

lake is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
Sergio should be donig and let valeron do what djalma did.
I have seen the barca's match this week.Xavi plays so good ,he control the ball,and control the match,I wish sergio can learn something from him
Old 07-03-2004, 20:54   #15
Baudolino

Baudolino is off the scale

Valeron is the key player. He plays as a playmaker now, but tht is not an advantage for Depor.........He has too much pressure to deal with, like any playmaker. Xavi or Zidane are faster and have more strength than Valeron.....
I suggest that we choose a playmaker, Fran or Sergio, for example..... Valeron could play in front of him, like a supporting striker. He used to score in the past seasons, unlike now. This way he would have more options....
In a way, he has no chance to deal with that pressure. That is my point. He is asked to be on two positions simultaneously:
No. 1:As a central attacking midfielder and
No. 2: As a supporting striker, because we only have one striker.
This way, he is permanently "taken care of" by two opponents, because Valeron plays on two positions in the same time.
Baudolino is offline   Reply With Quote