Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 08-10-2011, 22:57   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Alcoyano 2v0 Depor | Oct 08 | 22h00 (CET) | Post Match Comments

Hugely dissapointing performance and we got exactly what we deserved; sod all.

Ridiculous own goal from Ayoze early on was not the start we were looking for but the general lack of fight and quality was more worrying for me. We looked too slow both mentally and physically.

The only positive thing I can think to say is that it's still early on in the season but performances like this do little to encourage hope.
Old 08-10-2011, 23:04   #2
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

very poor game from us even with all our offensive players on the pitch we couldn't score a single goal against a team the 1st time i heard its name was last week...!!! very sad, i hope we will not cry at the end of the season because we missed this 3 points
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 23:20   #3
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
very poor game from us even with all our offensive players on the pitch we couldn't score a single goal against a team the 1st time i heard its name was last week...!!! very sad, i hope we will not cry at the end of the season because we missed this 3 points
We missed more already... I cant believe we've lost. I thought that we had a poor coach (Lotina) average players and we missed luck, but come on! We changed the coach, we have one of the best squads in our (second) league and we're still loosing points. Today we weren't even better. The score was fair. I don't know the reason, but I can't stand it. I'm getting more and more disappointed and I'm loosing faith. How is it possible?
Old 08-10-2011, 23:45   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

No comment
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 00:47   #5
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

this team has bipolar disorder.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:30   #6
saifhalabi
Almost Regular

saifhalabi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saifhalabi

I was expecting us to win. We can't afford to lose to a weak teams. we need to collect more points from the start. unbelievable really we used to beat Milan, manchester and now very weak teams beat depor 2-0 , 4-0

saifhalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:55   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Our problem is that we dont know how to husstle ! Alcoyano, Alcorcon .. these little teams roll up their sleeves and give it 100% for 90 mins.
We turn up for games with a very casual almost arrogant attitude, we dont close down teams, we dont play with intensity and we dont take our chances.
Last night they marked Valeron with 2 sometimes 3 players, which cut off our supply line. Lassad was strolling around at pedestrian pace, and Solomao was unable to use his pace, because the pitch was so narrow.
I think we missed Guardado's pace, and we also are missing Gama, who is able to keep posession and pick out passes. And of course we are missing a top striker .. hopefully Riki and Xisco will start scoring soon.
And to finish it all off .. defensively we have conceded 2 silly goals, yet again.
At this rate, its looking like we will lose 15 games this season, because we win a couple, then we lose a game. Our attitude when playing away from home needs to change.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:20   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

The thing about Segunda is that it's a scrapper's league. Even though the players say they understand that concept before games such as last night's, they just don't seem to translate that understanding to the individual performances required of each player on game night. Everyone seems to look to the others to provide the spark. I'd also have to say at this stage that I question the game plans in our away games. We are not pressing and closing down with enough intensity in a collective sense and Oltra must instill this ethos into the team and soon. Or else, we'll soon be a big fish languishing in the middle of the Segunda pool/table. Everyone is entitled to an off-night - we seem to have off-night's in two out of every three away games and one out of every three home games. That's not promotion form.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:31   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm already over last night's disappointment. Thing's aren't looking good, that's for sure, and playing like this, I think we won't be able to finish top 2. Finishing top 6 is a must though, and that way we still have a good chance of promotion.

After looking it up, I noticed that the only two teams in Segunda with such small stadiums, are Alcoyano and Alcorcon. In that sense, we can be happy we won't have to play at these two clubs anymore. Neither Betis, Rayo or Granada were able to win at these small pitches either last year.

Then again, we can't really use that as an excuse either. In fact, the dimensions of the Riazor pitch is 106x68. The dimensions of Alcorcon's and Alcoyano's pitch are 105x68. So basically, the field is almost just as big. I did notice the quality of the pitch was terrible last night, with ground-passes constantly bumping up because of the uneven pitch. Of course the pitch looked smaller because the camera was set up so low.

Anyway, if we play like this again in our next away game, thén I'll be worried. Now I'm just a little disappointed. We'll see.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 14:33   #10
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peña Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

In the next game COPA at home we can see if Alcoyano or the pitch make the difference

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 15:21   #11
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

we lost 3 out of 7 games this season....!!! we need to do something they looked superior in every department on the pitch, i was surprised of their quality they looked like playing with 15 players, but we made it easy for them to do all that stuff
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:45   #12
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

We're totally crap while playing away from Riazor!!! Oltra gotta do something in order to prevent ridiculous performances in away games. The defense lost its solidity since the departure of Lopo
Old 09-10-2011, 17:54   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolinaFan
We're totally crap while playing away from Riazor!!! Oltra gotta do something in order to prevent ridiculous performances in away games. The defense lost its solidity since the departure of Lopo
Nice to see you're still following Depor, I thought you left a few years ago
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 18:01   #14
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Nice to see you're still following Depor, I thought you left a few years ago

I've been following the news section, posting not too often in forum though Thanx for your attention
Old 09-10-2011, 19:13   #15
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of you may not agree, but maybe Valeron should not be starting when we play away. Playing someone who is able to also defend, would be ideal .. i.e Guardado.
Or maybe when Borja returns, he could feature. We need to have a plan B, because once Valeron is out of the game, then so are we.
And when we play Lassad, Solomao and Valeron.. none of these 3 can make a tackle.
We need the whole team playing as a unit, and cannot afford to have 3-4 players not tracking back when the defense needs support.