Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 01-11-2007, 17:42   #16
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

actually clausura means the closing, right?
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 20:45   #17
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
actually clausura means the closing, right?
Exactly, that's why everybody get confused.
Same thing in the past, the first tournament was called torneo Invierno (winter) when its summer on here, and the second one was called torneo Verano (summer) when it was winter.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:11   #18
jcpaez

jcpaez is on a distinguished road

Anyway, sure is strange that there is no more mention of Omar Bravo. I don't think that he's on our list. Hell, I don't know. I hate this (not knowing) thing. It's all a guessing game hahaha. But truth be told, I hope he come here and plays with Depor.
jcpaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:17   #19
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

dont get optimistic or pessimistic based on rumours surrounding deportivo.. Often, players who seemed to be very close, were completely denied any contact by Lendoiro.. he may come, may not, let us just wait and see.. there is no point in thinking that "he is not on our list", until it is denied by Lendoiro..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 17:07   #20
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

You need to be realistic. What we have is not enough
Old 04-11-2007, 13:54   #21
Patologo
Beginner

Patologo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
You need to be realistic. What we have is not enough

In my opinion we need a couple of better forwards (get rid of taborda and someone else), a starting central defender (replace Piscu), a better creative attacking midfielder, a decent right midfielder, and a future quality replacement for Sergio's central midfield position. hhhmmm that would be very expensive
Patologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 14:57   #22
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Is Bravo better than Xisco, Bodipo, Adrian or Riki? I don't think so. If we want to improve our attack we need to sign a real world class goalscorer (and get rid of some strikers we already have - Ruben & Taborda and Adrian on loan?). Not Bravo and not Soldado please. They won't solve our problems.
Old 04-11-2007, 19:32   #23
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted By Tomek
Is Bravo better than Xisco, Bodipo, Adrian or Riki? I don't think so. If we want to improve our attack we need to sign a real world class goalscorer (and get rid of some strikers we already have - Ruben & Taborda and Adrian on loan?). Not Bravo and not Soldado please. They won't solve our problems.

Well said..

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 22:23   #24
neeluxmth26

neeluxmth26 is on a distinguished road

I know that Omar Bravo would defintely take a small pay cut just to play in La liga. For a Mexican Player to come over is a really big deal. Their mentality is that they will be worth more once they prove themsleves over here. My only concern with Bravo is his height. But, even then he has still scored many headers in his career. I would have loved for Depor to have brought him 2-3 yrs ago. It would have ben perfect timing. If Depor is smart they will pay him no more than 2 Mil Euros yr.
neeluxmth26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 22:26   #25
neeluxmth26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek

Can we afford a "World Class Player"? I don't think so. We are gonna have to do with what we can afford. But you and I can keep dreaming...........
Old 04-11-2007, 23:03   #26
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeluxmth26
Can we afford a "World Class Player"? I don't think so. We are gonna have to do with what we can afford. But you and I can keep dreaming...........

That's the whole point, the sort of striker that could really improve things are way out of our reach, so let's just stick to what we have.
Old 04-11-2007, 23:41   #27
jcpaez

jcpaez is on a distinguished road

Well I do think he's better. Lets see we find ourselfs close to the bottom and how many goals have (4) strikers have. Add them up! I am not saying that Bravo is going to be the answer but you never know. Last year he was top scorer of the Mexican league. This year was not so good for him. The reason, well he was angry that Chivas didn't let him go to Spain with Guardado. Anyway your right when you say we need a world class striker. I do think that Bravo is a world class striker. This is the same old song, about thinking that Mexican players are not world class or that they can play in world class teams. HAHAHAHA thats funny. And I'm from the states and I know that any player in the MLS or FMF can play in any world class teams!
Tha USA and Mexican leagues play in South American Cups and they kickass.
Mexico has come out on the top 3 teams since sometime in the 90's. USA has not competed as much there but were kicking butt there too.
Just this last 2007 Mexico was third only behind Brasil champion, Argentina second and Mexico third Uruguay fouth.
Well anyway There is alot of players in Mexico that could do the job. There is alot of players from all over South America here that could be there. Mexico is the highest paying fubol in the Americas. One thing thats funny to me is that people think of someone short to be less or not good. Well history has said different. Yeah!
jcpaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 23:53   #28
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
dont get optimistic or pessimistic based on rumours surrounding deportivo..
Specially the ones appearing in Marca or AS
Old 05-11-2007, 07:23   #29
neeluxmth26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
That's the whole point, the sort of striker that could really improve things are way out of our reach, so let's just stick to what we have.

When will be able to afford a "World Class Player"?? We have mediocre strykers and we are getting mediocre results(how many goals???). A young team like Depor will only change with time. All we have to do now is stay aflote in primera until we get better. We do need better than mediocre strykers BTW. If not we will never progress or score goals, which win games. There has got to be a player out there that is cheap and better than average.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:32   #30
neeluxmth26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpaez
Well I do think he's better. Lets see we find ourselfs close to the bottom and how many goals have (4) strikers have. Add them up! I am not saying that Bravo is going to be the answer but you never know. Last year he was top scorer of the Mexican league. This year was not so good for him. The reason, well he was angry that Chivas didn't let him go to Spain with Guardado. Anyway your right when you say we need a world class striker. I do think that Bravo is a world class striker. This is the same old song, about thinking that Mexican players are not world class or that they can play in world class teams. HAHAHAHA thats funny. And I'm from the states and I know that any player in the MLS or FMF can play in any world class teams!
Tha USA and Mexican leagues play in South American Cups and they kickass.
Mexico has come out on the top 3 teams since sometime in the 90's. USA has not competed as much there but were kicking butt there too.
Just this last 2007 Mexico was third only behind Brasil champion, Argentina second and Mexico third Uruguay fouth.
Well anyway There is alot of players in Mexico that could do the job. There is alot of players from all over South America here that could be there. Mexico is the highest paying fubol in the Americas. One thing thats funny to me is that people think of someone short to be less or not good. Well history has said different. Yeah!

I agree, but conditionally. There are some Mexicans that are of World Class caliber. However, the mentallity of the Mexican athlete is not prepared to compete at that level because they are conditioned to think that Europe is where the best players are and go. So when they have the opportunity to get there, and do, they fail. They are not prepared for this type of competition. There are exceptions in the case of Rafa Marquez, Giovani Dos Santos, Pavel Pardo, Carlos Salcido etc. But, I think that attitude is now changing. They(Mexican Players) are getting used to the idea that it is possible to be succesful in Europe. The players mentioned before have helped a great deal in that. I think Bravo would do fine here. Just like Guardado will.