Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 05-11-2007, 07:36   #31
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeluxmth26
When will be able to afford a "World Class Player"?? We have mediocre strykers and we are getting mediocre results(how many goals???). A young team like Depor will only change with time. All we have to do now is stay aflote in primera until we get better. We do need better than mediocre strykers BTW. If not we will never progress or score goals, which win games. There has got to be a player out there that is cheap and better than average.
u can complain, but wht Fabian said is the real situation.. we simply dont have enough money to buy world class strikers (something in the order of above €7).. Guardado was bought when we had money from Andrade's sale and Arizmendi's sale..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:34   #32
jcpaez

jcpaez is on a distinguished road

That is true, but the way I see it is to bring Bravo rise his price and sell a couple of years down the road. I know that we can make a deal with him. His contract end this (Apertura) season. I was wrong last time I thought that he would still be with chivas 1/2 of next season. It will be here in December that his contract ends. Thus the training camp to be held by Depor in Mexico.
Dudes all this is really all make beleive anyway! Who knows, I sure as hell don't. It just good to talk to you guys. I love you man!
jcpaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:16   #33
hari

Peña Member

i hope it wud be true.. do u think he'll sign a new deal? if comes in we must loan/sell taborda and ruben, also loan out Adrian..
Old 05-11-2007, 09:43   #34
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
i hope it wud be true.. do u think he'll sign a new deal? if comes in we must loan/sell taborda and ruben, also loan out Adrian..
We will still have Xisco, Riki, Bodipo (and possibly loaned out Adrian). I think it's enough. I see no point in having more than 3 (maybe 4) strikers, at least until we are playing with one. Now we have 6 and some of them are just training and taking their salary.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:50   #35
hari

Peña Member

but, even if he fails, we will definitely get a buyer for him.. he is a proven goalscorer at club and international level..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04   #36
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
but, even if he fails, we will definitely get a buyer for him.. he is a proven goalscorer at club and international level..

the market is very tight. I'm not sure Omar would get a buyer if he fails in any club at this age.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:40   #37
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

but we wasted more than 3 million on much worse things than Omar Bravo...
Old 05-11-2007, 11:55   #38
hari

Peña Member

heidern, at least we'll be able to find a mexican club..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:21   #39
jcpaez

All your comments are true believe me. Omar will not sign with with Chivas anymore. He has already said that no matter what team picks him up he's coming to Spain. He had a run in with the owner of Chivas although he loves the Chivas he wanted to go to Spain. There was a team that wanted him and Jorge Vergara the owner was not wanting what was offered. The owner wanted an x amount and no deal was made. Then it pissed off Bravo who said that it didn't matter how much he was going to make becuase he was sure to make a good impression thus riseing his stock. He makes alot of money now and expressed to the media that he didn't mind a pay cut for the reasons already stated.
Thats also right that he has to make it no matter what. It would be hard, but not to find a team in Mexico, USA or Turkey. There are alot of teams that want him. WE have to look and see who has produce more. Look I remember when Taborda was playing in Mexico he played for the PUMAS (UNAM). He didn't make it there so he went to Chile. Some time after that we picked him up. Why....who knows cuase there are a shit load of strikers better then him in Mexico. Not just Mexicans but South Americans. Colombia, Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Uruguay,Paraguay,etc. There are alot of players from South America that have big names and have to go back due to poor productivity. Like Castroman from Argentina. Big name and has not shown anything and then there people like Insua Also from Argentina and plays for the national team of Argentina they both play in the team named America in Mexico. But Insua kiicksass Great player I hate America but love to see them play.
Well the thing is no one knows anything about anything. It's just a what if and it would be nice list. I think that the young talent like Xisco and others you can not sell. Xisco is going to be here for a long time to come. Bodipo, how many goals has he scored since his stay here. It's been a year now and his buy out is 90 million. Tell who is going to pay that. Taborda buy out at 60 million. Have they really made you say wow I'm glad there on our team. How many goals between them? How many starts in the first line up. But we also need some one in defense to help Colo. Anyway, I'm just as much in the dark and it just makes a good conversation.

LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Last edited by jcpaez : 05-11-2007 at 12:25.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:27   #40
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpaez
Well the thing is no one knows anything about anything. It's just a what if and it would be nice list. I think that the young talent like Xisco and others you can not sell. Xisco is going to be here for a long time to come. Bodipo, how many goals has he scored since his stay here. It's been a year now and his buy out is 90 million. Tell who is going to pay that. Taborda buy out at 60 million. Have they really made you say wow I'm glad there on our team. How many goals between them? How many starts in the first line up. But we also need some one in defense to help Colo. Anyway, I'm just as much in the dark and it just makes a good conversation.

LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER
Well Bodipo's stat could be better if he did not suffer a serious injury... Taborda is another case, but he was injured after every participation in the starting eleven
Old 05-11-2007, 16:42   #41
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
heidern, at least we'll be able to find a mexican club..

I didn't express myself properly : there will surely be clubs that will want him, but I don't think they would be ready to pay for him. I'm not comparing both players but look at Taborda's case. Won't you consider it a miracle if a team makes a bid for him?
Old 05-11-2007, 17:58   #42
jimorrison
Beginner

jimorrison is on a distinguished road

well Bravo scored 2 goals yesterday. and reached 7 goals so far in tournament with one week left until Liguilla (playoffs).

with those 2 goals he reached Chepo La Torre (ex player of Sporting Gijon) as Chivas 2nd highest goal scorer in history with 90 goals....

Last edited by jimorrison : 05-11-2007 at 18:37.
jimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 18:38   #43
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidern
I didn't express myself properly : there will surely be clubs that will want him, but I don't think they would be ready to pay for him. I'm not comparing both players but look at Taborda's case. Won't you consider it a miracle if a team makes a bid for him?
hmm.. abt Taborda u r right.. but Bravo's name is a much bigger brand in the Americas and he has much international exp. besides, he cud come free..
Old 05-11-2007, 21:36   #44
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
hmm.. abt Taborda u r right.. but Bravo's name is a much bigger brand in the Americas and he has much international exp. besides, he cud come free..

The important is that you got my point of view I'm not against him coming to depor although I prefer to let Xisco develop. And anyway, I can't be sure of what I said if it doesn't happen
Old 06-11-2007, 10:03   #45
jcpaez

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidern
The important is that you got my point of view I'm not against him coming to depor although I prefer to let Xisco develop. And anyway, I can't be sure of what I said if it doesn't happen

I think your right on the money when you say that Xisco should be developed. He is key to this club. And will be for a long time to come. With that been said I still would like to see three men up front.
Guardado LW Xisco CEN Bravo RW
I think he would make a good Depor player. But your right!