Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 30-05-2012, 18:50   #496
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
sorry for being slightly off-topic, but when you mention symbols that are banned, you mean, banned from football stadiums, right?
Banned from everywhere. There is just a stupid thing about that Celtic cross - it was illegal as well until October 2011, but then a party registered it as their symbol (not a party in the government) and it's legal for them so right now everyone can use it and say he is just presenting his political views

Talking about racism again - wasn't it grandpa Aragones who called Henry "black s**t" ? Racism is everywhere, Poland isn't different. Don't want to speak about Ukraine as I have really no idea about how does it look like there.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 19:18   #497
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

OK. Generalizing maybe wrong. Let see... I hope my compatriots will pass the exams at Euro 2012. I expect on it. We are friendly people
Old 30-05-2012, 19:27   #498
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

i fail to see why the heck Spain is playing a friendly now with the players who are already discarted, like Adrian and such. What's the point of this?? And why not play with some barca players already????
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 19:52   #499
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Adi, with all due respect, you seem to be trying to take everything out of context to suit your own argument. The panaroma programme that you say people should not believe and is unfair, does say that it's NOT just a problem in Poland and Ukraine and mentions that there are still problems in western europe, SPECIFICALLY mentioning the John Terry case. It's not an attack solely on Poland/Ukraine but as DepHun mentioned earlier, the problems there are a lot more relevent because of the upcoming Euros. With all due respect, your whole argument seems to have shifted from the "I haven't seen it, therefore it doesn't exist" to "well its the same everywhere".

You compare the Londion riots to Euro 2012. What kind of comparison is that? Fair enough if you were a furniture shop or a jewellers or any other kind of shop, you might feel a considerable threat but the direct threat was not aimed at any kind of people, but at property. Granted, it was still a lot of brain dead idiots involved but it's hardly convincing as a comparison as to why the average football fan should not be wary of travelling to a football tournament, when there have already been threats made against them before they've even turned up and there is proof (even if you choose not to want to look at it) that there are existing problems in the countries involved.

I am old enough to remember the worst of times in British football with hooliganism and in terms of violence, it was every bit as bad as anything I saw from Ukraine/Poland. But I went to hundreds of games, home and away and managed to stay out of any trouble for 99.9% of those games. But if England had held a Euro's or World Cup during that time, there is no way in hell I would have gone up to a host city with hundreds of other fans wearing Spain shirts, particularly if the Spanish had made a reputation for themselves in the past as fighter/hooligans and had been specifically threatened. If you can not see the difference in those scenarios, then it's pointless trying to have any kind of conversation about it.

It seems to me like some people have become easily offended because a certain TINY element of their society has been attacked and they for some reason feel like they are all being tarnished with the same brush.

I would agree that the British media is not always the most reliable and they lap this kind of stuff but on the plus side, that's probably why the English game in particular has had to sort itself because there is nowhere to sweep problems under the carpet with this kind of sensationalist media. But look at who Panorama were including in their interviews. You had 2 polish guys, one from the "Never Again Foundation" funded by UEFA and the other , the LKS fan explaining the anti-semitic songs the fans were singing and then there was the guy from the Jewish Cultural Centre in Kracow, the black players playing in Poland. Are they being unfair? Are they liars? Should we not believe them too?

I just hope that the tournament goes by with very little off field trouble, so that all this talk is irrelevent in terms of the Euros and in terms of fan violence in the grounds, I think it will be very minimal. My biggest concerns will be outside grounds before and after the games when certain countries meet but even then, I think there are only a few games where this could be a problem. I would say the most problematic group games could be: Poland v Russia(12th), Holland v Germany(13th), and Ukraine v England(19th).

Edited to add this because Adi posted while I was writing this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi
OK. Generalizing maybe wrong. Let see... I hope my compatriots will pass the exams at Euro 2012. I expect on it. We are friendly people

Totally agree
Old 01-06-2012, 16:01   #500
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Btw. here you can see the intro of BBC Panorama where you can find that Austria is now Czech Republic, Czech Republic is Austria and...Yugoslavia has reborn! LOL

http://www.sadistic.pl/haniebna-wpad...2-vt119266.htm
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 16:22   #501
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

http://blogs.metro.co.uk/sport/panor...-scary-affair/

This article in todays paper backs up the claim that it looked grim from what was shown. I never make full assumptions from what I have seen on TV or read in a newspaper. The programme showed lots of racist 'White power' grafitti on walls, aswell as all the other stuff discussed .. chanting, controlled violence etc.
I am even reading in the papers that some teams such as England and Holland are struggling to sell their allocated tickets because fans are scared to travel.

The families of Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have refused to travel due to concerns.

Lets leave this now until during or after the tornament, to see what happens.
A topic like this was always gonna be heated, but it was just feedback on TV and press reports in the UK.
Old 01-06-2012, 17:20   #502
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
I am even reading in the papers that some teams such as England and Holland are struggling to sell their allocated tickets because fans are scared to travel.

Sell the tickets to Belgians

http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/201...vices-on-ebay/
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:36   #503
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
(...)
Lets leave this now until during or after the tornament, to see what happens.
(...)

Old 02-06-2012, 11:03   #504
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Haha, that's the first time I read about that. It's actually a pretty cool idea, since the money will be sent to Unicef.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 20:28   #505
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

I just come back from Ireland training from Gdynia. 12 000 people watched this
http://ww2.gosirgdynia.pl/media/k2/i...909b8d4_XL.jpg
Its me ( with closed eyes ) my wife and two my younger sons:

Yesterday about 11 000 attendace saw how Germans train in Gdansk ( pictures: http://trojmiasto.gazeta.pl/trojmias...65733.html?i=1 )
Three days left!
Old 05-06-2012, 21:29   #506
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

12.000 people watching Trapattoni managing the catenaccio?

Thanx for sharing Adi, these are great attedances, no doubt!!!
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 22:05   #507
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
12.000 people watching Trapattoni managing the catenaccio?

Thanx for sharing Adi, these are great attedances, no doubt!!!

They're there hoping to see Ireland scoring a goal in training, coz they sure as hell won't see one in the competitive matches!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 22:26   #508
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

hahaha no hope rack? I hope they do!

I am coming to poland soon and absolutely can not wait! in london now and the hype is unbelievable!! Queens jubilee into euros massive! (and yes i bought an england shirt to my shame (it was only 14 GBP!)
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28   #509
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
hahaha no hope rack? I hope they do!

I am coming to poland soon and absolutely can not wait! in london now and the hype is unbelievable!! Queens jubilee into euros massive! (and yes i bought an england shirt to my shame (it was only 14 GBP!)

An Aussie in an England football shirt???
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 14:50   #510
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

hahah yeh i know - my shame - i do have about 5 aussie shirts with me but yeh no excuse... dont worry im sure i will pick up an irish one when im in dublin as well... although im there for the spain ireland game so maybe it will be bad timing lol
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote