Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2011, 19:44   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peņa Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default DEPORTIVO 2011/12 - Rumours: possible arrivals and exits

Well, the season is over and sadly we ended at Segunda
So, it will be a moved summer, more than ever before. So, time to open this thread. A lot of players will leave, and of course a lot will arrive.

What we know right now:

1- Lendoiro will try to keep Aranzubia and base the new team in him, Valeron and Manuel Pablo

2- We're searching for a new coach, it is rumoured that it will be Sandoval, the current coach of Rayo Vallecano. So, we will probably not sign a new coach until the Segunda season is over.

3- Players that have said that they want to stay: Riki, Laure & Aythami
Old 22-05-2011, 22:28   #2
Michał
Peņa Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

I know it's easy to say right now, but I have always been feeling that players who leave a team after relegation have no balls - come on, you're the responsible ones for it, stay here and make up for what you have done. If not I cannot understand all those tears after the game. I could understand if someone had a good offer from a 'big' team, but going to a team like Levante or Gijon is IMO simply escaping from the drowning ship.

Anyway as long as we keep Aranzubia I'm happy. With Valeron & MP and a few youngsters + new coach I believe we'll be back next year. Hell, we'll be back anyways
Old 22-05-2011, 22:50   #3
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

it's noble but a bit dangerous to base a team around Valeron and MP, if that's litterally what you mean, Carlos. They're one more year older and while Valeron hopefully will be finally get a coach who will respect his talents (neither of both last coaches did so very much), one small injury can be enough to crush that idea. We once lost already a whole year with a Valeron injury (when we sent Djalminha to Austria and had no replacement)
If Riki's cheap enough i'd keep him, but moreso because all the other forwards will leave. I'd surely keep Adrian above Riki, evidentally.
OF COURSE a new coach (3 years too late), and while i'll hope that Dani stays, his position is probably the less important for the team in Segunda; there are enough decent keepers for that level. For once let's concentrate on finally getting a foward who can score. I still blame lotina for getting Sand and using him like about 45 minutes in the half year; what a waste.
Lendo should look over the borders again and try to do again what he did 20 years ago.
Old 22-05-2011, 23:09   #4
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandoval would be perfect imo. First he lead Rayo B to promotion, and this year he managed to get Rayo back in Primera. A cheap, "young" coach who knows what he's doing, and who has experience in Segunda, is exactly what we need right now. Fingers crossed.

Well, our objective next season seems to be clear already: promotion. Aranzubia staying would not only be good for next year, it would also be important if we were to get promoted back to first division again. But of course, that's still a long ways off and wishful thinking.

All I'm worried about is that Valeron may have a tough time in Segunda, which is undoubtedly a more physical league. If he can remain fit though, he'll be a vital asset for us. Having a guy like that in the team is good for his teammates as well.

Question: is Ruben Perez staying with us? As far as I understood, we have a loan deal for another year, but what happens now that we've gotten relegated?

-----------------Aranzubia----------------
Laure----Aythami---Rochela---MP/Morel
---------------Ruben Perez---------------
P.Alvarez--------Valeron-------------Saul
----------------Riki------Lassad-----------

Clearly, we need reinforcements in every zone, but this line-up already doesn't seem to be all that bad.
Old 22-05-2011, 23:44   #5
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon that now we're down, a bid for Ronaldo is out of the question
Old 23-05-2011, 11:04   #6
Fabian
Peņa Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate the transfer sea.....you know what, not this time, not yet at least. For once we know that our squad won't be just a watered down version of the one we had the year before. We will see, I hope, a completely new edition of Depor, one were dominguez and Rochela plays integral parts, one where we will have players dominating their opposition. I would have absolutely hated this had we stayed in the Primera, watching guys like Adrian and Lopo depart without being properly replaced. Now, I think I really am able to look at this as an oppurtunity.

Of course, we'll talk again in august, then I might finish that first sentence.
Old 23-05-2011, 15:50   #7
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peņa Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

many will leave...but we need young quality to come back...Segunda level is not that bad...
Old 23-05-2011, 15:54   #8
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

I think it's key that we start form the back first.

GK- Aranzubia is one of the best at his position and if the price is right he should stay (if a good offer comes in we're in a financial situation now where me might as well unload him for some profit)

DEF- As from the back, Rochela, Laure, Seaone and Aythami are young players who will fight every game and only improve now that have become the starters. MP will still be there but IMO has to take more of a mentoring role and we MUST find a young attacking wing back, the type that are becoming so popular across the world.

MID-Short term we still have Perez for 1 more year because of the loan I believe and Valeron will still have a few games left in him to be effective (too old to play a full season) From the midfield I believe we will sign the most players. Dominguez, Saul, Alex are young prospects but there is still that creative force being missed that we had with Valeron and even Verdu.

FWD-Our weakness since the likes of Maakay, Pandiani, Tristan...We still have yet to find an effective GOAL SCORING forward. We have forwards with talent but they cannot score plain and simple. Riki has expressed interest to stay but as we saw he isn't reliable and isn't getting any younger, if any offer comes in I think we jump on it and invest in some young prospects that can develop at Fabril. Lassad will be the main forward and with some more training and play could become a 15 goal scorer in Segunda. In addition to Lassad and Riki, Dioni's 13 goals in Segunda B has shown that he has potential and can be used as the first forward off the bench and at 22 years old can keep up with a high tempo pace which I hope is formed.

OVERVIEW: In my eyes if we can keep Aranzubia we have about 7-8 players that we can build a team around for the next few years. For the first time we get a chance to see our investment in Abegondo and see if the players we are producing. Still 100M in debt and our TV and attendance revenues probably costing us 20-25M, that deficit has to be covered with selling players such as Guardado who will most likely bring 8-10M. This will be a struggle and we will definately go into further debt but I believe that with the addition of young talent, a reliance on Deportivo B and Abegondo's young players, and a new, young, excited coaching staff, Deportivo will not only be in Primera but battling for a UEFA spot within 5 years.

Projected Summer Market

IN:
GK-
DEF-Seaone, Aythami, Rochela, Seaone,Manuel Pablo
MID-Valeron, Ruben Perez, Pablo Alvarez, Dominguez, Saul, Alex Bergantinos
FWD-Lassad, Dioni

SOLD-Aranzubia (3-4M), Riki (1-2M), Guardado (8-10M)
Old 23-05-2011, 17:34   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Lopo just posted on his twitter account that it's still not certain he's leaving...

Still, I'm quite sure that his contract would be too expensive and that he'll be leaving anyway.

It's hard not to get my hopes up though. A physical defender like Lopo would be of incredible value in Segunda.
Old 23-05-2011, 20:28   #10
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
I hate the transfer sea.....you know what, not this time, not yet at least. For once we know that our squad won't be just a watered down version of the one we had the year before. We will see, I hope, a completely new edition of Depor, one were dominguez and Rochela plays integral parts, one where we will have players dominating their opposition. I would have absolutely hated this had we stayed in the Primera, watching guys like Adrian and Lopo depart without being properly replaced. Now, I think I really am able to look at this as an oppurtunity.

Of course, we'll talk again in august, then I might finish that first sentence.

agreed. time to rebuild cuz this team failed. Although I'm still convinced that the team was good enough for a europa spot with a better manager.

but yea if people leave that's fine (not all fine though) but I think (hope) we can rebuild a team capable of promotion
Old 24-05-2011, 00:50   #11
titov
Almost Regular

titov is on a distinguished road

I'm a bit worried that if to many players stay that the team would automatically keep its defensive mentality that Lotina pushed into players minds. I think that in segunda we need to drastically change that thinking. We will need goals, many goals and for that we will need to go forward.
Old 24-05-2011, 11:38   #12
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

If its a good coach Titov i think he will get that out easy Hopefully the players show determination and come back harder then ever..

Im optimistic about this segunda team and looking forward to a season with wins and the beginning of the new SUPERDEPOR

I have two hopes and thats an offensive uprising coach. and a couple of good talents not neceserly from spain
Old 24-05-2011, 16:42   #13
Ricardo
Peņa Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Bermejo, Aquino and Jonathan Perreira would be great signings for us !
Old 24-05-2011, 18:19   #14
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Pepe Sand, is that bad for segunda?

let give him 50K and he'll stays...where will he get more?
Old 24-05-2011, 18:33   #15
caabrego
Administrator
Peņa Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

But we have to pay 3 million for him (buyout clause)
Closed Thread