Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:10   #16
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Lotina usually shouts and seems angry in every game we play...

Bottomline is that whenever Barca had the ball by the middle line, Deportivo's back four were already standing at the area. And nobody really put pressure on them until they were close to the area. So I'm 100% sure those were tactical orders. Lotina was just angry with the horrible transition when Depor had the ball. Imo, the only reason this didn't end 0-5 is Adrian's lucky-ass goal.

Anyway, the players themselves made too many mistakes as well. It was one bad control and bad pass after another. Let's just forget this game as quick as possible. Maybe I'm a little harsh, but in a pretty game like this one would expect 100% concentration from the players and at least a tactical plan that's worth something.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:55   #17
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

next team!!! *leaves thread*
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:16   #18
rajacasa
Veteran
Peņa Member

rajacasa is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Lotina usually shouts and seems angry in every game we play...

Bottomline is that whenever Barca had the ball by the middle line, Deportivo's back four were already standing at the area. And nobody really put pressure on them until they were close to the area. So I'm 100% sure those were tactical orders. Lotina was just angry with the horrible transition when Depor had the ball. Imo, the only reason this didn't end 0-5 is Adrian's lucky-ass goal.

Anyway, the players themselves made too many mistakes as well. It was one bad control and bad pass after another. Let's just forget this game as quick as possible. Maybe I'm a little harsh, but in a pretty game like this one would expect 100% concentration from the players and at least a tactical plan that's worth something.
we did the same thing against real and that allowed Diarra to score and Kaka' to make the assist for Benzema before Raul scored it's very annoying and i don't understand why they keep doing it
rajacasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26   #19
rchyngyzr
Seasoned Member
Peņa Member

rchyngyzr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to rchyngyzr Send a message via MSN to rchyngyzr Send a message via Yahoo to rchyngyzr Send a message via Skype™ to rchyngyzr

I might be mistaken, and yet methinks that putting a pivote (Juca) instead of Adrian, who was running around like a hell and morale up after scoring a goal, towards the middle of the second half was one of the crucial mistakes. Right, we had to obstruct the game of Barca in the midfield in order to minimize the danger in front of our goal, but Lotina could be more realistic trying to maintain fast and sharp (although really rare) actions up front rather than trying to play 4 defensive midfielders and locking in own half...
After Adrian's exit, Depor looked truly impotent, despite enjoying a clear opportunity towards the end of the game, which Guardado screwed up.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44   #20
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i agree with u, Adrian's exit was something i didnt understand at all.. it was like telling Barcelona that we are not trying to win and just to defend.. Juca was a gud move, but i wud have rather taken Tomas/Sergio.. also Valeron must have played, he wud have given as a lot more possession and free-kicks.. the initial formation must have been kept IMO.. Adrian won the header very well which led to the goal and he deserves a lot more credit, since he has not been playing regularly and also was facing two defenders in very gud form (pique and puyol) and also Abidal who cut out many balls.. in general, i thought Barca defended very well, covering up spaces quickly..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30   #21
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Guardado's chance just before Barca's 1-3 didn't matter as the flag went up for offside anyway.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:14   #22
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

The worst game against Barca at the Riazor in years...Horrible !!

There's not much left to say about the game

We knew we were going to face the best primera team (probably the best in Europe) we were aware of the ridiculous difference in quality..but I expected more from the boys to be honest (fourth in the standing) at least to give a fight..its not that Bilbao or Osasuna have better players than ours both teams deserved their draws against the Catalans, even last place Xerez gave them a tougher battle, sure not the same line up but we are not Xerez too...I am with Greg about Lotina's tactics for the game you cant defend in 20m of your field against Barcelona... I agree with those saying we respected them too much
Although I am not convinced with Adrian displays this season Lotina shoudn't take him off for an additional DM, it was like a help to Barca...

Sorry to say this but I wouldn't like to go through in the Copa to play 2 additional matches against Barcelona, I would take a 0-0, 1-1 elimination against Valencia...Better

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 00:28   #23
scorchio

scorchio is on a distinguished road

It was pretty painful to watch. I don't recall seeing many games as one-sided as that. Unfortunately I feel it's a bit of a reality check. To be honest I think the difference in class between us and the top of the table and the difference is bigger than the difference between us and the bottom, despite the fact we're 5th.
After seeing Osasuna and Athletic who are supposedly worse than us near-enough match Barca at home earlier in the season and gain deserved draws, I saw no reason why we couldn't do the same, but we didn't really do much right.
I've lots of other thoughts buzzing round my head about this match but I'd rather just leave this match and look forward to the next one!
scorchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:02   #24
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I honestly think Barca are in a league of their own and we shouldn't be too dispondant. I agree that there is definately a difference in class between us and the top teams but does anyone honestly think the likes of Real, Valencia or Sevilla could totally dominate us with so much ball posession as Barca did yesterday?

I certainly can't see anyone else doing that to us.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:04   #25
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

Yea look, putting things in perspective if the so called 'special one' couldn't mastermind a gameplan for Barca with those players I don't expect Lotina to do it.

On a side note, f*** I hope we beat Valencia in 2 weeks time!!!! I really want us to put them to the sword but just a win will do...
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:29   #26
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

I don't think we played that bad against barca. The fact that barca is waaay too good for us makes us look bad.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:59   #27
Palusqui
Beginner

Palusqui is on a distinguished road

Before the game i said that Barca will win 3-0 .. i don't care if they won 5-0 ... but what made me really mad is Lotina .. i don't know how he thinks.. his tactics are really stupid.. he's a coward.. we put all the players in the back .. and Barca is attacking too much, of course they're gonna have goals.. cuz it's the beginning of the match, it's not the last 10 minutes. so he put all the players back
when Barca scored then he let our players to attack, so when we scored he let his players back again, allowing Barca to score again.. this is point #1

point #2: I don't understand why the F**k he's letting Valeron sit on the bench ? .. if he didn't let the best player in Barca's game, then when is he gonna let him in ?
in the last 5 matches i thought Lotina is keeping Valeron on the bench cuz he's keeping him for Barca and doesn't want him to be injured, so i shut up.. but now, he doesn't let him in ..
and why did he let Adrian out ? for what reason ? ... he should have taken tomas out and put at least Bodipo to reinforce the attack, or put him in stead of Mista..

#3: u can see that Lotina the coward doesn't know what to do
he let Adrian out and let Juca plays, he let an attack out and puts a midfield, then when Barca scored, he let a midfield out and lets Bodipo in...
Lotina doesn't really know what to do, he's a coward he doesn't think for the future but he thinks for the moment.

i really got mad, was throwing and breaking things, just cuz Valeron didn't play, now i don't think that i'm gonna watch Depor's mathces anymore, cuz Lotina is gonna let me have a heart attack
Old 07-12-2009, 04:51   #28
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

Palusqui, you sound like the new "Iranian_Valeron"
but I tend to agree as most people here that Valeron should have been used in this game...
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:11   #29
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

to me, it looks like Lotina does not have very good tactics when we play big teams. When we play other teams, his tactics look good and we win. Lotina just needs to work on how to deal with big teams. We need to play against big teams like we did against real madrid in the opening game, not defend the whole game.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04   #30
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

hoo.. one defeat against probably the best team in the world and all the merit achived so far by the coach goes straight down.. come on, relax.. every coach has got makes mistakes.. accept it, wait till you see the entire season or at least half before making conclusions..
Quote:
i really got mad, was throwing and breaking things, just cuz Valeron didn't play, now i don't think that i'm gonna watch Depor's mathces anymore , cuz Lotina is gonna let me have a heart attack
gud for you and your family's health..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote