Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 27-11-2006, 07:02   #46
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
Why does Depor likes to ruin my weekends? Why?!

they are doing the same for me...
God damn it.....
I am tired of all of that
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 09:38   #47
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
they are doing the same for me...
God damn it.....
I am tired of all of that
Same here.
Old 27-11-2006, 10:10   #48
Baudolino

Baudolino is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
Well, since they both has done pretty well (in my opinion), I doubt it's as easy as that.

Up to this game, our defence has been pretty solid, at least as solid as we could ask. I think the question is, what can we expect from this squad? Our attackers is either discards from other teams - Verdú and Christian (Barca), Filipe (Real Madrid), Arizmendi (Patletico), Lolo (Valencia), talented players with a form less than zero - Sergio, Riki, our just injured - Valeron, Taborda, Bodipo. That only leaves one player, Juan Rodriguez, who comes from being a starter and has done OK so far, being our topscorer as he is.

At first, everyone praised us saying we have as young and very talented squad, people talking about Europe this season and so forth. I joined these people - I might as well - but in the back of my mind I always thought that they really shouldn't be as good as they're made out to be. And now, I guess, we know they aren't...

Having said that, I think every player of the above (except for the injured ones and, of course, Sergio) has shown glimpses (or more) pure quality, and they have at times played a more than competative football.

I had the same feeling about our new players. I knew they were not top class, at least not all of them. But playing only with a horde of attacking youngsters in front isn't the right way to do it.
Baudolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 11:31   #49
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully i didn't have the opportuniy to watch the game, so i could stay calm (as calm anyone could stay, after such results)...

I believe that the transition of Depor is in the right way, but the problem is that it happens very rapidly! I don't know who has to be blamed for this (i think Landoiro and Capa are both responsible for this project), but you can't build a team from zero, in just a few months...This transition should have happened piece by piece. To keep a few players with experinece, but mainly ambitious players and add some youngsters...

Verdu, or Christian might have a bright future in front of them, but if they have to carry the resposibility of keeping a team on a protagonist level in primera, they might easily get burned...
Not even players with the quality of Rooney, or Cristiano Ronaldo, had this responsibilty from the first day they arrived in a big club. I allegated the same last year concerning the fabril players...Suddenly everyone expected from Iago to be the new Valeron (like this year, with Verdu)...

Our problem is not the quality of the youngsters, but the fact that due to several reasons we simply throw away our capital (i'm not talking about money, but about players). Why did we have to build a team from zero? We have never been in a zero point!!....But suddenly players like Victor, Scaloni, Duscher, M. Pablo, Sergio who were the teams capital, became players of zero value. Besides i don't know in which condition we will see Adrade or Valeron...

I think that, what went wrong is that the idea of this new project, this baby depor project, had no space for the old players.
These players understood that and became careless, or left the team...

I'm not positive about this year. The only hope i have is that someone (Capa probably) will give to players like Valeron, Andrade and Capdevilla the idea that they are leading this new project, to give them an extra motive...and if these could shine, then we could expect from youngsters to shine, not all of them, but if a few of them turn out to be great players, this will be enough.

Last edited by ggeorg : 27-11-2006 at 11:34.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:11   #50
Bagsie
Peña Member

Bagsie is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to Bagsie Send a message via MSN to Bagsie

I just say:

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!
Old 27-11-2006, 12:26   #51
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
I think that, what went wrong is that the idea of this new project, this baby depor project, had no space for the old players.
These players understood that and became careless, or left the team...

Wise words mate!!

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:44   #52
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I think throwing some of the oldies out was the basic necessity if we wan't to build something new (as it's usually the case), What we saw the last couple of years was morale that became worse and worse, a fighting spirit that was nowhere to be seen, and players without any apparent desire to improve themselves - despite not doing such a good job. People like Victor, Romero and Tristan (Munitis is of course a notable exception and I'm still immensily sad that he left), was clearly NOT players to build something new on. Besides that, their salaries were bloated, and their age high.

A perfect example of this is Sergio (no, I'm not going to stop dissing him ), who shown the same disenthusiasm as the previously mentioned and yet still has an undisputed place in the starting lineup, seemingly because of his merits and status alone, all while Iago and JR is left to rot on the bench, even though they've both prooved more than Sergio.

Meanwhile, we've kept the players that really showed they're ready to be in a worse team than before, ready to assume their responsibility, players like Capdevila and Valerón.

Of course, there is a big grey zone of players with very unfortunate destinies. The Scaloni case was sad all around, I guess he was simply someone that Capa never saw any greatness in, which of course is sad, but that's how it must work. Héctor, a talanted player who had the confidence of the coach, but still pretty old and at a position which have to be juvenated (and has been pretty succesfully so far).
What will happen with Andrade remains to be seen, though I think he will leave mainly to scrounge up some cash, which we still need badly.

Last but not least, there's Duscher, which for me is the saddest case and the biggest flaw of the management. He has time and time again proved capable and 100% commited to play an important role. Meanwhile, Coloccini - a player with comparable age and value - is playing in his position and while not being a disaster he isn't as good as olde Aldo. Besides, by the two of them, Colo has always seemed the whiniest.
Old 27-11-2006, 12:50   #53
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebn8r
Wise words mate!!

i hope you don't imply sth with the icon you used
Old 27-11-2006, 12:53   #54
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

bad result, but what I expected.. atleast we scored a goal, which we haven't done in a while... Hadn't expected that we would be so much weaker this season then last...
Old 27-11-2006, 13:10   #55
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Personally, I think throwing some of the oldies out was the basic necessity if we wan't to build something new (as it's usually the case),

I agree with you in most of the subjects. Surely in an rejuvenation some old players have to leave the club. But i believe it's wrong to send away too many players within a summer market and bring 15 new ones.
Every player is a unique case, Valeron is injured, Sergio is careless, Tristan is like a retired player...but i don't believe that you can't find within a team (that played in champions league 3 years ago) a few players to lead this new project. That's why i think that the idea of this new project rejected from the old players, or the idea reject the old players, whatever, but this rapid transition proved harmful, in the short term.
Old 27-11-2006, 14:28   #56
Fenerbahçe&Deportivo
Beginner

Fenerbahçe&Deportivo is on a distinguished road

Bravo forever Deportivo

Turkish Fun..
Fenerbahçe&Deportivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 14:47   #57
Baudolino

Baudolino is off the scale

The youngster topic is very useful, but there's another thing which I think is the problem of Depor now.

Imo in Primera it's very hard to defend well unless you have 3 defensive midfielders. Not 2, but 3. It's not really about having a "trivote", but 2 pivotes and a more defensive winger/AM. In the best matches this season, Caparros used Colo+Sergio+Juan Rodriguez as a central defensive block. Those were the best matches in which Deportivo kept constant pressure on the rival. Right now Capa is using 4 attacking players, while the only 2 pivotes are easily outrun. We must have 3 defensive players in midfield.

Using 2 attacking wingers, a striker, together with a weak attack-only AM (Verdu) is a luxury not even Barcelona can afford. Barca uses a trivote. Chelsea also uses a trivote. Depor can't defend with only 2 pivotes. It's non-sense.

PS: Of course later in the game things are dfferent.

Quote:
Personally, I think throwing some of the oldies out was the basic necessity if we wan't to build something new (as it's usually the case), What we saw the last couple of years was morale that became worse and worse, a fighting spirit that was nowhere to be seen, and players without any apparent desire to improve themselves - despite not doing such a good job. People like Victor, Romero and Tristan (Munitis is of course a notable exception and I'm still immensily sad that he left), was clearly NOT players to build something new on. Besides that, their salaries were bloated, and their age high.

A perfect example of this is Sergio (no, I'm not going to stop dissing him ), who shown the same disenthusiasm as the previously mentioned and yet still has an undisputed place in the starting lineup, seemingly because of his merits and status alone, all while Iago and JR is left to rot on the bench, even though they've both prooved more than Sergio.

Meanwhile, we've kept the players that really showed they're ready to be in a worse team than before, ready to assume their responsibility, players like Capdevila and Valerón.

Of course, there is a big grey zone of players with very unfortunate destinies. The Scaloni case was sad all around, I guess he was simply someone that Capa never saw any greatness in, which of course is sad, but that's how it must work. Héctor, a talanted player who had the confidence of the coach, but still pretty old and at a position which have to be juvenated (and has been pretty succesfully so far).
What will happen with Andrade remains to be seen, though I think he will leave mainly to scrounge up some cash, which we still need badly.

Last but not least, there's Duscher, which for me is the saddest case and the biggest flaw of the management. He has time and time again proved capable and 100% commited to play an important role. Meanwhile, Coloccini - a player with comparable age and value - is playing in his position and while not being a disaster he isn't as good as olde Aldo. Besides, by the two of them, Colo has always seemed the whiniest.

If I remember right, Depor has *always* played like crap without Valeron. It might be a very different thing when he returns.

Last edited by deporik : 27-11-2006 at 15:10.
Baudolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 16:01   #58
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Not good enough
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 17:09   #59
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

Nothing changes... Baby Depor have to grow! I hope It will become true in this year. The main problem is scoring the goals. 11 times on 12 games is still too little to be on the top of the table.
Old 27-11-2006, 18:02   #60
Ou2

i love depor....so GO DEPOR!!!!!....this year depor will be classified for the UEFA ( i hope)