Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:58   #1
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan
Default Salaries

Hello everyone... first time i create a new thread

I was just wondering what the different players get in sallery... what the sallery roof is... and what do we pay our players compared to the rest of La Liga...
DKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 14:05   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Our salaries are bigger than the ones of other small clubs in Spain, mostly because we pay a lot to our oldest signings, but Lendoiro has been trying to change this lately and that's why you find important players like Xisco earning just €200,000 per season when Sergio is earning €1,5 million.

I would say the roof is marked by Sergio's wages and who earns less are the players recently promoted from Fabril like Piscu and Laure. I doubt they earn more than €50,000 per season.

Last edited by Leon : 02-09-2008 at 14:38.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 14:08   #3
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
I would say the roof is marked by Sergio's wages and who earns less are the players recently promoted from Fabril like Piscu and Laure, I doubt they earn more than 50,000 per season.

I thought there was a minimum salary of 66,000 or something for Primera players? At least it's what I read in Marca.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 14:28   #4
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan

OMG Sergio's salary is high... IMO a little too high... but i guess that is non-changeable and a consequence of irureta's era... What about a player like Valeron?
DKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 14:52   #5
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that these players earn at least one million: Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Valerón, Omar Bravo, Mista.

Some years ago Lendoiro established a wage limit which, if I remember well, was something of €2 million. Fran (his contract was published in 2004 by the club...) and Mauro Silva, among others, were earning that. The salary barrier is why we never signed 'big names' even if we could afford their transfer fee. A group of players is like a normal company where many think that a colleague shouldn't be earning (much) more. So, imagine if we had signed just one big name in 2002 who would earn €3 million a season....

Reducing the salary expenses is a major reason why we released players like
Capdevila, Duscher, Molina, Romero, Scaloni, Tristán, Víctor, Naybet and Djalminha. For them we didn't earn a lot (only for Naybet), we even paid some of them to leave!

One of the aspects of Deportivo's policy is that contract renewals during their life-span are usually rare. For example, if Deportivo sign a player for five years for €500.000 a season, and after two or three years that player performs exceptionally well, such a player could aim at €1.500.000 a season which would become a reality after the contract renewal itself. Lendoiro usually prefers to take advantage of the full life-span before talking about a renewal because he knows what that means. Just look at Pablo Amo and De Guzman know or Capdevila and Duscher last year. Sometimes it's a good bet and sometimes it isn't. For example, I think that Capdevila earned about €1 million and was aiming at maybe €1,5 million. Now we have a player for a lower salary (Filipe) who has cost us €2,2 million but currently could represent a value of €10 million. That was a god bet eventually.

A negative outcome of that policy has been Roy Makaay. When he signed in 1999 he wasn't among the best earning players. He immediately became top scorer of the title-winning team and impressed during four seasons. He had an agreement with Lendoiro that his salary would be raised if his performances would give reason for that. I don't know if Makaay was aiming at a salary out of reach of Deportivo, but I don't think so. In the end Lendoiro didn't act and Makaay was fed up with it. He was Europe's top scorer in 2002/2003 and at the heigth of his career and he knew that. He also knew about Deportivo's financial troubles and the necessity to earn money. He therefore wanted to be sold that summer or he would be allowed to talk to other clubs 1,5 year later for a free transfer move. Suddenly Lendoiro was prepared to talk, but Makaay didn't want to hear that anymore. That was a mistake of our president.

Last edited by Leon : 02-09-2008 at 15:03.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 15:11   #6
superdeportivo

superdeportivo is on a distinguished road

nice post Leon, I think that Lendoiro made a good profit by the time span strategy. The only release which was negative was the one of Capdevila. The captain should had been kept in the team. Now i know that Filipe made a good replacement but we didn't know about it back then. And I would also say that releasing De Guzman would also be an setback, Lendoiro should give a really good shot to keep him. I would say offer him a four year deal with a salary of 1 million. We actually signed Colotto for 2,5 millions and we are probably paying him 700 thousands in salary. So considering this then I really think De Guzman which is a way more important player, worth the effort. ( I also see the efforts as equal)
superdeportivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 16:23   #7
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
I think that these players earn at least one million: Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Valerón, Omar Bravo, Mista.
I'm sure Guardado earns at least milion.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 18:01   #8
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i dont think so.. he was only 20 when he came and he was very eager to come to Europe.. there was only PSV who ws the main competitor for us, and no real big club showed a concrete interest.. i guess his cud be somewhere €600.000 to €800.000..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 00:15   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Guardado earns €600.000 and yes Aldo, 66,000 euro is the lowest salary that can be paid in la liga.
Old 03-09-2008, 00:20   #10
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Ok, how Xisco could afford to drive Porsche with salary of only 200,000? That car costs probably more
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:01   #11
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Ok, how Xisco could afford to drive Porsche with salary of only 200,000? That car costs probably more
That is truly a good question. Maybe Lendoiro is his godfather...
Old 03-09-2008, 10:24   #12
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Or maybe they might get some bonuses or are sponsored by companies like Adidas/nike...etc,etc

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:30   #13
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

everybody who earns 200.000 can buy a Porche
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:31   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrera's don't cost 200,000 euros, so it's not even a years wages. It's no different than an average bloke buying a Ford Focus, just all on a grander scale.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:51   #15
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
Or maybe they might get some bonuses or are sponsored by companies like Adidas/nike...etc,etc
I don't think he is such a big star they give him a huge bonus for wearing their products.