Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:21   #31
Philip
Veteran
Peņa Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
If people think that these salaries are shocking, take a look at the salaries at Real Madrid or Barcelona. But these are even lower compared to a handful of English clubs.
Yeah, look at Lampard's weekly salary. He earns, though I'm not sure if this is exact amount, 151.000 pounds per week. Well, that's too much, IMO.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:33   #32
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Yeah, look at Lampard's weekly salary. He earns, though I'm not sure if this is exact amount, 151.000 pounds per week. Well, that's too much, IMO.

Again Philip, it's a matter of supply and demand, as Leon said before. If kids worldwide go crazy about Lambard and give 50-100 euros for a chelsea shirt with lambard's name on it, then why he's not worthy his salary?

Same goes for pop-stars as well. They could earn billions and bilions, but how much did you (and a few thousands others) given to see Led Zeppelin live?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:37   #33
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Interesting question: I asked here in the forum the opinion of the mates about these salaries are arrogant high, acceptable high, nothing special, or they should even get higher.
For me Depor's salaries are acceptable high, but Lendoiro's... Of course it is a little strange when Xisco earns 200K and Sergio 1,5M, but Xisco had and got the possibility of earning more money later in his carreer.
Some years ago the galacticos earned 6M EUR/season equally.

Leon!
As far as I know there is a salary cap for each team in the NBA, that was something like 15M USD per year in the mid 90's. This is the total money you can pay for players wages. So Jordan for 7M USD, Pippen 4M, Rodman/Grant 2M, and all the other 12 players inscribed for the league totally 2M. You can get over the cap, but then you have to pay luxury tax, as a punishment. I think this year Boston Celtics had some problems with Garnett, Allen and Paul Pierce in one team.
I know it this way, but maybe it is not 100% correctly nowadays.

I have some contraversary opinion about English, but Lampard is an acceptable guy and football player for me. I would rather blame Becks...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:47   #34
Philip
Veteran
Peņa Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Again Philip, it's a matter of supply and demand, as Leon said before. If kids worldwide go crazy about Lambard and give 50-100 euros for a chelsea shirt with lambard's name on it, then why he's not worthy his salary?

Same goes for pop-stars as well. They could earn billions and bilions, but how much did you (and a few thousands others) given to see Led Zeppelin live?
Everything you said, Leon too, is well said. But, you'll never convince me it is realistic, deserved, worthy, normal, or something else...
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31   #35
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Philip.
But it's simply realistic because those salaries are being paid. And it's deserved because apparently it gives clubs benefits.

Let's remember that the biggest film actors also get a few million per movie which would take them a couple of months to shoot.

Fortunately the crazy money in football of ten years ago has disappeared for most clubs.

Last edited by Leon : 05-09-2008 at 12:13.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:56   #36
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Everything you said, Leon too, is well said. But, you'll never convince me it is realistic, deserved, worthy, normal, or something else...
I am with you, bro! Just think about it: some of them earns more weekly than I will earn in 10 years or maybe more! It is pretty unrealistic (and not because of me...)...
Old 05-09-2008, 14:34   #37
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

what is unrealistic, that Hungarian players in the Championship (England 2nd level) earns more, than Depor's avarage salary... and quite similar in Bundesliga relegation candidate teams.
Old 06-09-2008, 21:11   #38
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
what is unrealistic, that Hungarian players in the Championship (England 2nd level) earns more, than Depor's avarage salary... and quite similar in Bundesliga relegation candidate teams.

That is quite shocking!... its hard to understand why these leagues arent all better than la liga... my intuition say that Bundes liga and of course Premier league has way higher salaries than la liga... but of course its hard to imagine players like Mista and Omar Bravo choose Hansa Rostock or Hull instead of Depor...
DKfan is offline   Reply With Quote