Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 18-04-2015, 19:54   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Apr-18-2015 | matchday 32 | 18h00 | Depor 1 - Atlético 2 | post-match

In relegation
Old 18-04-2015, 20:42   #2
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

We are now on relegation though the good performance
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 23:05   #3
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems difficult to over come this under pressure

If we have reacted earlier in the match or avioded the terrible errors we would have clinched a draw at least

I know they were out of our league but their performance again was not special.

Deporiginal, now do understand why Haris should have kept his comment for later
Old 18-04-2015, 23:07   #4
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to be positive. I liked the substitutions

also have to recognize Sidnei in this game. too bad he will be missing next game

I also have to recognize the poor performances of juanfran in attack. the man cant create a cross to create a half chance. why not let laure play.

I don't find lucas is play well either.

Victor's subs are interesting. he is thinking about the game and not just replacing players
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 23:13   #5
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

The subs really livened up the game the last 20minutes were ours. Our poor defense gave Fabricio alot of work but thankfully he coped with most of it. If we keep at this level only positives can come to us. We were equal to Atletico the entire game and we roughed them up near the end.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 06:33   #6
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Positive:

1.As you've said, Victor seems to know when and who to substitute. It's been just two games, but his substitutions have been worked well.

2.A change for 3-5-2 was decent comparing to 4-4-2. For me, Victor is tactically better than Victor Fernandez.

Negative:

1. 4-4-2 was bad. Riera had to move more to cover centre midfield because we only have Medunjanin and Alex. Two pivotes were worse and seemed to be tired than before. 4-2-3-1 seems to be better for now, we have good attacking and centre midfielders like Lucas, Farina and Borges. Medunjanin is also good.

2. Toche is useful when he plays as a joker. But not as a regular member. He reminds me of Solskjær, ex-Manchester Utd. Toche knows how to score. He even scored against Real Madrid and Valencia. But in other parts, he is not for Primera Liga.

3. Alex: Alex has been doing well, but I think Borges and Medunjanin is better for offensive football. Alex is decent player but he has no strong points. He is too rough and sometimes he has difficuites with receiving and passing balls, so he delay tempos unnecessarily.

Like the match we crashed Valenica, in that match, Farina-Wilk-Medunjain dominated the midfield. They were dynamic, aggressive and energetic.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 10:47   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you can't really judge the 4-4-2 formation yet. It worked fine last week in Sociedad. And the 3-5-2 we used at the end yesterday, which worked really good, would be disastrous in other games. We need to take into account that Atletico just let us come at the end. When they had the initiative, we were completely blown away. This game was defined by their early goal, which should've been flagged for offside in the build-up, and where Riera, an attacker, clumsily lifted the offside trap.

We're in relegation now, and we'll once again have three games in 7 days next week. Away at a struggling Granada, away at our poor rivals Elche, and home against a struggling Villarreal. We'll be needing at least 6 points from these games.

At this point we're the favorites to get relegated alongside Cordoba and Granada though.
Old 19-04-2015, 11:54   #8
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
We're in relegation now, and we'll once again have three games in 7 days next week. Away at a struggling Granada, away at our poor rivals Elche, and home against a struggling Villarreal. We'll be needing at least 6 points from these games.

At this point we're the favorites to get relegated alongside Cordoba and Granada though.
We are playing against Malaga in the next round which make the things even worst...
On the other hand If Villareal beat Cordoba tonight, they will have 8 points adventage of Malaga. That will means that Malaga will have difficult job to reach the last European spot and maybe they will give up from the battle for Europe.
In that case they will be more relaxed and won't push for the three points, so this opponents in the last rounds of the championship can be the easiest for us.

Good thing is that Rayo is having a 1-0 lead against Almeria on the HT, so it won't be so bad if we have equal number of points with Almeria after this round.
Problem is that in the next round they are playing against poor Eibar on their pitch, which is must win game for Almeria, and I'm araid they will take the three points.

Eibar and Elche also can be one of our relegation opponents till the end...
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 13:40   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I, also, thought that the starting 4-4-2 formation was a mistake against a hardworking, skillfully superior team. Maybe against a weaker opponent....but against ATM, a mistake. The one thing about 4-4-2 is that it makes the two central midfieders accept more responsibility. In a 3-man midfield, players can tend to hide and shy away. Unfortunately, our two pivotes just haven't the class or the game time playing with each other for that to be effective in any way. Is there any doubt now that Sidnei would be a better option in that role? He's prone to mistakes at the back, but he adds a little extra zing with his surges forward. Again, it's too late to test that theory now this season.

The goals conceded were terrible and if Victor was in any doubt about the need to work on our defensive frailities, yesterday would've opened his eyes.

This loss was always to be expected, so to fight back at the end and give the Champions a fright will have helped with the team mindset for the next games.

And Riera's goal deserves a mention. Once again, his movement was brilliant and considering that it was Sidnei who was slaloming through the defence, Riera could easily have been forgiven for not getting himself in that position. Take heed, we need to be direct in attack. Drive for the endline and cut the ball back inside for the waiting strikers. It's not rocket science.

ATM provide the template of how a team should be organised, with every player knowing exactly what's expected of them in an individual and collective sense. Victor would do well to apply that template in trainings.

Next week is massive....
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 14:20   #10
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

yes 4-4-2 needs another chance. perhaps haris playing not as deep.

4-4-2 can work if the wingers can stop messing around and do what sidnei did for the goal. just make your way down line and have enough energy and composure left to put a decent cross in there. I know both toche and riera have good movements but they need decent passes.

I would give it a chance again. perhaps also take out alex against weaker teams. he has no ideas what so ever. so rash with the ball as well if he is in the attacking third.

EDIT: OH and Rayo beat Almeria while I was asleep. thank God!! still tied on points and 1 point behind levanter as well. even elche and eibar could drop points today and tomorrow. its getting scary!

Last edited by scoop : 19-04-2015 at 14:23.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 17:07   #11
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I am happy to read Greg's most recent analyse. It is always nice to read long tactical desciptions from people, who can watch games through streams or TV (ie. are not able to watch the full pitch) and considers themselves better or minimum equal to professional football coaches.

If we speak about coaches: Victor can learn from Simeone, how to start a game... At least he should. I hated how un-motivated we seemed to be.
Old 19-04-2015, 23:12   #12
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I am happy to read Greg's most recent analyse. It is always nice to read long tactical desciptions from people, who can watch games through streams or TV (ie. are not able to watch the full pitch) and considers themselves better or minimum equal to professional football coaches.

If we speak about coaches: Victor can learn from Simeone, how to start a game... At least he should. I hated how un-motivated we seemed to be.

is Greg Deporiginal ?
Old 20-04-2015, 04:34   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I, also, thought that the starting 4-4-2 formation was a mistake against a hardworking, skillfully superior team. Maybe against a weaker opponent....but against ATM, a mistake. The one thing about 4-4-2 is that it makes the two central midfieders accept more responsibility. In a 3-man midfield, players can tend to hide and shy away. Unfortunately, our two pivotes just haven't the class or the game time playing with each other for that to be effective in any way. Is there any doubt now that Sidnei would be a better option in that role? He's prone to mistakes at the back, but he adds a little extra zing with his surges forward. Again, it's too late to test that theory now this season.

The goals conceded were terrible and if Victor was in any doubt about the need to work on our defensive frailities, yesterday would've opened his eyes.

This loss was always to be expected, so to fight back at the end and give the Champions a fright will have helped with the team mindset for the next games.

And Riera's goal deserves a mention. Once again, his movement was brilliant and considering that it was Sidnei who was slaloming through the defence, Riera could easily have been forgiven for not getting himself in that position. Take heed, we need to be direct in attack. Drive for the endline and cut the ball back inside for the waiting strikers. It's not rocket science.

ATM provide the template of how a team should be organised, with every player knowing exactly what's expected of them in an individual and collective sense. Victor would do well to apply that template in trainings.

Next week is massive....
In retrospect, 4-4-2 was indeed a mistake. On the other hand, would a 4-2-3-1 have been any better against an, unfortunately, well-motivated Atletico? The initial mistake was made by Oriol Riera, who completely lifted the offside trap. I don't think that was a consequence of the line-up we played. We didn't survive the initial storm (something Celta was able to do a month ago), so we never got to play our game. I was thinking about how a 5-men defense would've been, or our usual line-up, and I don't think anything would've worked. Toché was completely lost against Godín. Griezmann made our defense look like idiots at times in the first half. This is one of the few losses I didn't feel bad about, simply because we had no chance. The only reason we got back into it at the end, was pretty much because they were letting us.

Really curious to see if he'll repeat the 4-4-2 against Malaga. Taking in mind the atmosphere at the Riazor, it's almost better for Depor to play away from home right now. The players seemed paralysed since the first minute of the game. I wasn't expecting to see that this time. If we wanna stay up, we really need to be plugged into the game right from the start. If we start like this against Malaga, it'll be another hopeless loss.

Last edited by deporik : 20-04-2015 at 08:26. Reason: Posts Merged
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 08:55   #14
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I forgot to mention Farina. I thought he did pretty well when he came on. I've never seen him hungrier, in fact.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 18:52   #15
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

So much for Atleti putting out their B team (bastards). Still we caused them a few headaches late on in the match to possibly warrant a point.

I think it might be time to forget about Lucas, Farina, Cuenca etc. and start playing the big man Sidnei as the playmaker/winger/attacking genius
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote