Squad news


13 Nov 2017
Gustavo Munúa debuted and Fabril allowed three goals for the first time on the season. Poor game by the lads as the rivals stroke at the precise moments.

Gustavo Munúa was debuting as a head coach. |The players out injured were Caballo, Luis Fernández, Romay, Steve One and Bicho. Keeper Francis (Nigeria) and striker Ismael Díaz (Panama) skipped the game as both were concentrated with their national teams. Juvenil A keeper Alberto Sánchez was the option on the bench.

The lineup was a 4-2-3-1 with Álex Cobo covering the goal, Blas Alonso performed at the right-back position, Quique Fornos and Raúl González were the centre-backs, Lucas Viña performed at the left. Edu Expósito and Carlos López were the centre midfielders, Óscar García attacked from the right wing. Borja Galán was the playmaker, Jardel performed on the left flank and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was Madrilenian club AD Unión Adarve. They had lost two of the pervious three games and were at mid-table. Coach Víctor Cea was relying in Héctor Gómez (5) and Fran García (4), duo that combined had scored nine of the thirteen goals of the team.

Poor game by Fabril. Depor’s lads never knew how to face the game and paid the price for the defensive errors. The locals were too passive at the beginning, but grew up in the game and could have even scored more goals.

The visiting team had the first opportunity in the game, it was a counterattack of Óscar in which defender Juanma was able to get the ball from Jardel inside the area (4’). The rival was giving some problems with its quick attacks, but the defence was controlling the situation.

The first shot on target in the game came at minute 17, it was a direct free-kick of Edu Expósito that ended in the arms of local goalie Cristián Parra. The Madrilenians continued having some fluency in attack, but they were only earning corner-kicks.

Iván Mateo had a good chance at minute 30, he was close to collect a cross from the left, but it was cleared to corner-kick by the defence. Two minutes later the local team completed it first shot on target, it was an acrobatic attempt by Jacobo that was caught by Álex Cobo.

Carlos López got injured in a play at midfield and had to be replaced by Queijeiro. It seemed the half was going to end goalless, but the locals managed to score. It was a collective action that ended with Iván Mateo entering the area by the left to end dribbling a rival and scoring trough a crossed shot.

The second half started with Uníon Adarve having the initiative, at minute 52 Iván Mateo missed the target in a direct free-kick. Three minutes later the same player released a dangerous cross that no one connected inside the box.

With the passage of the minutes Fabril started to improve and was having the ball, but the opportunities weren’t arriving. Jardel was frequently moving to midfield in order to reach the ball, and later Borja Galán was too alone in the last meters, then Uxío Dapena barely touched the ball.

Until this point the game was open as both sides were reaching the opposite area, but then it came the second goal from the locals. It was a lateral free-kick of Iván Mateo that Héctor Gómez headed at the far post. Then Munúa ordered a double substitution with Martín Bengoa and Diego Caballo replacing Jardel and Lucas Viña.

Fabril tried to react and pushed upfront, but it never created any harm before a well planted rival. Actually, the locals were closer to score again, this after Héctor Gómez headed the ball in a cross from the left, but he missed the target (86’), then Jacobo hit the woodwork after dribbling Cobo (90+2’). And the third goal arrived after all, substitute Iván Orts ‘Cassano’ seized a new distraction of the defence and scored from close range.

The biggest loss on the season, just in the debut of Gustavo Munúa as a head coach. It was a poor presentation before a rival that knew when to score the second goal, just when things were more equal. Fabril remain second at Segunda B. The next game is the visit of Atlético Madrid B to Abegondo (Sunday, 17h00 CET).

Unión Adarve: (4-2-3-1) Parra – Jesús Bernal (More 87’), Darío, Olmedo (Cassano 84’), Juanma – Nicho, Souza – Héctor Gómez, Iván Mateo, Fran García (Cadete 77’) – Jacobo.
Fabril (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo - Blas, Fornos, Raúl González, Lucas Viña (Caballo 72’) – Carlos López (Queijeiro 36’), Edu Expósito – Óscar, Borja Galán, Jardel (Martín Bengoa 72’) – Uxío.
Goals: 1-0: (40’) Iván Mateo, 2-0: (72’) Héctor Gómez, 3-0: (90+3’) Cassano
Referee: Aimar Velasco. He showed yellow card to Olmedo (45+1’), Raúl González (53’), Jesús Bernal (63’) & Cadete (88’).
Venue: Vicente Del Bosque field (700)





Back to Competition news