Squad news


05 Feb 2018
Fabril won for the first time in 2018. Edu Expósito scored an early goal and later the team administrated the result. The game had ten minutes of added time after a rival had to be stretched off.

Tense game at Abegondo. Fabril fought hard and got the first three points in the year than to an early goal from Edu Expósito. The first half was boring, while the second was full of excitement, which included a player that had to be stretched off.

The game started wit a goal for Fabril, Steve One had a chance in a corner-kick action. He headed the ball out, and in the next play the visiting team failed in the output of the ball, Edu Expósito seized a bad back pass and faced keeper Basilio Sancho to end scoring through a drilling attempt.

The Madrilenians started the match trying to put a high pressure, but it was gone after the goal and the Galicians started to dominate midfield territory.  With the passage of the minutes the actions returned to be equal, Rayo Majadahonda was dangerous in the transitions defence-attack, but they weren’t ending the plays with shots. Meanwhile, Fabril started to have problems at the moment of stepping into the rival’s side of the field.

The game became into a fight at midfield, both sides were running for the ball in every play, but later they were also missing a lot of passes. Rayo Majadahonda were pushing but didn’t create any opportunity. Fabril were barely arriving to the rival’s area, and when they did it, it was because someone was offside.

At minute 35, Óscar Martín made the first shot on target in the game for his side. He collected the ball in a short cross and released a shot when he was between three defenders, and Francis made the save. That opportunity, and the goal, were the only shots on target in the first part.

Jardel had a big chance at minute 36, he got a perfect pass at the left wing in a counterattack, but the referee whistled an inexistent offside when the Portuguese was about to face Basilio on-on-one. The locals had more clarity in the final minutes, but without completing any shot.

The final part started with a heavy rain falling at Abegondo. The game was faster and Fabril were feeling more comfortable. At minute 49, Uxío made a good play at the left side of the area and ended releasing a shot that went wide.

At minute 53, Queijeiro picked the ball at midfield and attempted a long-range shot that went over the crossbar. Jeisson appeared for the first time in the game until minute 58, it was to complete a shot from the edge of the area that went out.

Substitute Dani Pichin had an attempt in a direct free-kick, but his low shot was caught by Francis (61’). Rayo Majadahonda were still arriving, but it didn’t put the same pressure in attack, so Fabril were having more fluency.

Still, with the visiting side having arrivals, Munúa decided to have more pause at midfield and ordered the entry of Carlos López for Martin Bengoa.  Fabril should have scored the second goal at minute 65, Carlos López drilled a pass into the path of Jardel, this time the Portuguese wasn’t in offside, but his volley went out when Basilio was already defeated.

Then Munúa made the second substitution and Óscar replaced Uxío, Jardel was moved into the centre of the attack as the Uruguayan coach was trying to use the speed as the main weapon in the quest for the second goal.

Fabril tried again to score the second goal with a shot from midfield, this time it was Edu Expósito and this time Basilio cleared the ball over the crossbar (72’).  Two minutes later the Madrilenians were close to tie the score, substitute De Frutos got the ball at the left wing and released a crossed shot that passed close to the far post.

Jardel picked a muscle issue in the final stretch and he was replaced by Luis Fernández, who was returning after a couple of months ago. Vicente had the last big chance in the game, he got the ball at the edge of the area and his strong shot went out (85’).

There were ten minutes of added time in the game, because Francis got injured and needed one minute to be back, while Jeisson collided with Steve One in a lateral free-kick and had to be stretched off.

Suffered victory for Fabril, the lads seized an early goal and completed a solid presentation. Luis Fernández returned and Fabril are now tied in points for the second place. The next game is the visit to Coruxo FC (Saturday, 17h00 CET).

Comments by Munua: “We found a victory before a rival that demanded a lot from us. You need how to move forward with these games, and the lads found the way to do it and I am content with it. If you don’t sentence then it’s difficult, a goal is nothing and luckily the lads showed character to get the result.”

Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Francis – Blas, Fornos, One, Caballo – Queijeiro, Edu Expósito – Jardel (Luis Fernández 82’), Martín Bengoa (Carlos López 64’), Borja Galán – Uxío (Óscar García 68’).
Rayo Majadahonda: (4-2-3-1) Basilio - Andújar, Juan Cruz, Óscar, Jorge García - Vicente, Rubén – Ayoub (Dani Pichin 58’), Coto (De Frutos 68’), Chiki (Jairo Carcaba 76’) - Jeisson.
Goal: 1-0: (3’) Edu Expósito
Referee: José Pardeiro. He showed yellow card to Ayoub (35’) and Caballo (48’)
Venue: Abegondo (700)





Back to Competition news